Atlanta Mission Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
n/a
INTAKE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
On a typical work day, I checked shelter guest in and out. I also assigned them beds for the night. I also completed all admin work or assignments. I made sure all clients who were permanent guess received there mail. I was assistant to the CEO, i ensure things ran smoothly.
We truly helped people
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2018
Had several Clients I managed/counseled. Conducted family education and restarts. Wrote and ran educational classes dealing with addictions. Ran morning chapels and graduation events
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Working with clients
Great Place to work
Admissions Advocate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2017
Great place to work if you are a servant of Christ and love helping women and children that are homeless. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to serve the women and women with children. Seeing the changes that start to accrue in their life's after being at the facility.
A wonder place to give back
Receptionist (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
My job at the Atlanta Mission is a Receptionist. I enjoy volunteering and being able to help people. Working behind this desk is one of the best things I have done in a long time. I'm excited and up for the challenge the moment I sit at the desk. The hardest thing is to tell someone that we are not able to help them with their crisis at the moment especially when there are kids involved.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Saying 'no'
Great employer
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
Truly a blessing working with them. They give you chances. They teach and train, They love on you. This was what I needed to fill part of my purpose that God had in store
Pros
not enough money to help people
Cons
need more benefits
Not a safe place to work/Poor management/stressful work environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2017
Liked the job itself- the patients and their families. I felt I really made a difference in their lives. Management was terrible and didn't care about the clients except as props for the donors. The company did not treat the employees very well. If you are part of the in crowd you will probably do well, or you are a " good ole boy". Staff with direct patient contact are overworked consistently and asked to meet non existing standards which was impossible.

You can expect to be worked hard while they are trying to figure out what they are, and then discarded under some false pretense. Politics are a major part of this organization and if you are not a "yes man" you will not advance. Rules don't apply to everyone at this organization as there are favorites and those who "can do no wrong " because they are part of "leadership". The culture at that place can create a hostile work environment where doing your job can become a liability especially if you were not part of the favored few. I learned what I don't want in a work environment while working here. Very stressful work environment and a poor work/home life balance, as they seem to expect you to be available even after work hours.

There are many other quality organizations to work for to make a difference I would encourage you to pick one of them as you will regret working for the Atlanta mission. Working there will leave you feeling stagnant, and not moving forward professionally. This company is very unstable and the management is a joke.They are forever working on a "model", then they ax everyone from the old model,
  more... without probable cause, all hogwash! They claim to want "team work" but don't even understand the meaning of the term. I am happily moving forward and writing off my time there as a closed chapter in life experience.  less
Pros
Actually working with the clients and the experience gained thereby.
Cons
poor compensation, poor managers, not enough focus on the clients, overworked consistently, poor balance between work and home life
It was a new adult day care opening.
Lead Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2017
The business was just opening had a lot of great potentials. It was new to the venue of elderly care. Was striving to meet the needs of the community of the elderly population. Great facility, sensitive to the needs of the staff being hired.
Pros
It was a new facility striving to open.
Cons
None due to the newness of the business at the time.
Very Helpful with Experience
Director of Operations (in school related project) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
Atlanta Mission is a great organization that I feel is very helpful towards Atlanta as a society. Working with them gave me so many opportunities and connections, and I really enjoyed my time working with them.
It was a great place of employment
Social Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
It was a non-profit organization that assist with homelessness, the facility that I worked in housed the women and children, and it was not stressful because each family had their own apartment, it was a small community environment and it was like family. The families were placed in the facility were able to work, and have activities outside of the facility, as long as they met curfew. It was also rewarding because they had the opportunity to save and began their life's again on their own. Management was great it was a team environment as well as a family amongst staff.
Pros
Celebrations, extracirricular activities away from facility
Cons
Facility closed
Amazing work environment where everyone truly cares for one another!
Awesome Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2017
This organization truly puts its employees first. I have never experienced anything like it!

The advancement opportunities are available, if one is focused enough to determine the direction they want to grow in.

We have quarterly campus-wide meetings, where all staff get together for a time of great food, music, song, and laughter. This is truly one of the most amazing places to work.

We have a well-developed team-based approach, which helps in solving client crises, and definitely attests to our mission of ending homelessness through Christ, one friend at a time.
Pros
Free lunches (MSH), sweet Christmas bonuses, ample support from team
Cons
Divide/distance from management to lower ranking staff
A good place to work
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
A good place to work. But high turn over through out the company. Most people leave with in a five year period. They help the homeless in different ways. The job was easy, but they don't like employees to get to friendly with the clients.
Pros
company gas card, Home Depot card
Cons
can't talk to resedents
Great Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Feeding the homeless was a humbling experience. It felt good to give back to my community and help out the less fortunate. I plan on helping every year.
Love this Company
Volunteer/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
I gained so much experience working with this small family oriented company. I started as a mail clerk and worked my way up to Floating Manager assisting in the different sites.
Great place
Substance Abuse Case Manager (Residential) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2015
GREAT company.... GREAT people wonderful organization. I love this company and all the benefits..... I would have stayed but the funding stop.
Cons
GREAT place
When I was volunteering there these people had a terrible mold problem in the air visible on the carpets to the halls in the air walls and ceiling.
All Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA ( Howell Mill RD ).October 23, 2015
I noticed these people had a terrible director who has been fired for stealing and doing bad business within the company while I was with them volunteering. I worked in different areas and found that the supervisors where great people who understood people. AUM was the first place I volunteered.

I have also volunteered at hands on atlanta cleaning the floors counters and packing lunches on a packing line for sack lunches to feed people on the streets at the facility for a day while a job corps student.
Pros
You would be recognized for your work efforts and how you carry yourself weekly.
Cons
You would not get any pay as a volunteer.
Drug addiction facility with challenging task and a gymnasium
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAOctober 2, 2015
Typical day includes maintaining al buildings. Doing a walk thru each area to see if anything needs attention. Completing task as needed. Instruct clients on what needs to be done and completed. Train clients as well. I have learned to be patient and understanding to the clients (drug addicts) needs and position. My co-workers are outstanding to work with. We all understand what we are faced with everyday. the hardest part of the job is the ability to comprehend what the clients are going thru and to constantly be patient. Also, the availability of financial assistance from upper management for needed funds to complete or start needed repairs at different locations. Most enjoyable part of job is doing the tasks that I know and have high experience with completing and at times have a challenge in starting and completing.
Pros
Free lunch, fitness room, company vehicle to drive, healthcare
Cons
salary not enough to compensate duties and responsibilities.
A typical day included recruiting, training & scheduling volunteers.
Volunteer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
Average workplace with little to no support. Completely about the numbers with no regard for the employee. Leadership with tendencies to fake care & concern for the media & potential donors. Tremendous amount of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with volunteers, colleagues & serving the clients.
great
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
the company was great to work for. i still go back and visit im aslo an alumni. they have an awsome going back to school party for the children. lots of fun and food and i cant forget about the Line Dancing and the DJ husband and wife team!
A busy workplace filled with alot of laughter
Front Desk Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Atlanta mission is a homeless shelter for women and is housed in the downtown Atlanta Georgia area. The facility houses adults and children with emotional and mental health issues. A typical day includes entering data into the computer for invoices and donations while in a loud environment filled with children running up and down the halls, adults fighting yelling.
Pros
lunch provided, helping less fortunate
Cons
loud noises, fighting people
This was a fast paced enviornment
Residential/Social Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2014
I enjoyed the time I spent at this facility and the lessons learned