Atlanta Mission Culture reviews

Not a safe place to work/Poor management/stressful work environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2017
Liked the job itself- the patients and their families. I felt I really made a difference in their lives. Management was terrible and didn't care about the clients except as props for the donors. The company did not treat the employees very well. If you are part of the in crowd you will probably do well, or you are a " good ole boy". Staff with direct patient contact are overworked consistently and asked to meet non existing standards which was impossible.

You can expect to be worked hard while they are trying to figure out what they are, and then discarded under some false pretense. Politics are a major part of this organization and if you are not a "yes man" you will not advance. Rules don't apply to everyone at this organization as there are favorites and those who "can do no wrong " because they are part of "leadership". The culture at that place can create a hostile work environment where doing your job can become a liability especially if you were not part of the favored few. I learned what I don't want in a work environment while working here. Very stressful work environment and a poor work/home life balance, as they seem to expect you to be available even after work hours.

There are many other quality organizations to work for to make a difference I would encourage you to pick one of them as you will regret working for the Atlanta mission. Working there will leave you feeling stagnant, and not moving forward professionally. This company is very unstable and the management is a joke.They are forever working on a "model", then they ax everyone from the old model,
  more... without probable cause, all hogwash! They claim to want "team work" but don't even understand the meaning of the term. I am happily moving forward and writing off my time there as a closed chapter in life experience.  less
Pros
Actually working with the clients and the experience gained thereby.
Cons
poor compensation, poor managers, not enough focus on the clients, overworked consistently, poor balance between work and home life
A typical day included recruiting, training & scheduling volunteers.
Volunteer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
Average workplace with little to no support. Completely about the numbers with no regard for the employee. Leadership with tendencies to fake care & concern for the media & potential donors. Tremendous amount of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with volunteers, colleagues & serving the clients.
Great place to work, because of the mission to helping the homeless.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2014
Typical days work involved servicing the community by trying to end homelessness. My management team was very supportive and had a open door policy. I got along with all co-workers and management team members. The hardest part of the job was not being able to serve every callers needs. The most important part of the job was seeing the smiles on the kids and mother faces when they was placed in a safe and stabled enviroment.
Cons
Not having a open postion for me after the assignment ended
Beware! Staff High Turn over rates!
Lead HVAC/Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2013
Get a job there and be prepared for plenty of politics and gossip!
Pros
benefits, hour lunch
Cons
high turn over rates!