Atlantic Aviation Employee Reviews

towed planes all day
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 14, 2018
fueled planes, towed planes help people out all day.you never no what kinda of day you going have . all the co worker were cool and world hard and we all got the job done
Pros
there was no pros.
Cons
there was no cons
My experience only, not speaking for anyone but myself.
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYOctober 25, 2018
My particular station has potential however is ridden with many issues. We are extremely busy here in NY, and aren’t staffed properly. Almost all of our equipment doesn’t work properly. Our general manager is non-existent and everyone else is on a power trip. They are starting new hires with 0 experience nearly $2 more than people who’ve been there longer. Overall, not thrilled with Atlantic anymore.
Pros
Good experience (Especially with wide-body aircraft), great stepping stone for a career in aviation.
Cons
Very long unpredictable hours, low pay for the effort that is put in, very poor management.
manage had no respect
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2018
i worked for Atlantic Aviation for 4 years it had its ups and downs, mainly downns with the lack of staffing and the lack of sturdy equipment everyday was a gamble when you worked you never knew if your fuel truck would continue running the entire shift. management constantly belitled you no matter how many hours of overtime you picked up it was never enough they wanted more from you. they didnt care how much o.t you got as long as they didnt have to come in they were fine with it.
Fearmongering disguise as a by the book attitude
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2018
Management is only concern with looking good on the next meeting; they don't care about the employees or the customers, every time there is an incident, management only checks if procedures where fallow, if they were, they don't care about the results or who they inconvenience. They only care about the finger pointing on some else direction.
Pros
A paycheck every two weeks
Cons
Toxic work enviroment
the job is over all good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 24, 2018
The company is over all good place to work, benefits good I would recommend to young people looking to work while in school. The employees are great. Management is not always trustworthy.
the line staff is friendly
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COAugust 22, 2018
I would rather not leave a review of Atlantic Aviation at this time. the staff there are great at working together to achieve there common goals. The cafe has great food.
GREAT place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
Very busy, Atlantic was for private jet owner/companies. I learned how to do billing for fuel for aircrafts. Call into sky tower planes approaching, hotel reservations, ordered catering for private jets, booked rental cars for clients. Manager was the best I ever had...Very kind to me I would of never left that job. I left because my Father got sick. My manager paid me for time off. It was hard to leave this job. but I had to because my Father illness only whould get worse. I LOVED WORKING AT ATLANTIC, the managers where kind and caring..... Really to this day miss them all.
Pros
Staff
Cons
None!
Dont work for Atlantic
Aircraft Line Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 8, 2018
My experience with Atlantic Aviation is pretty poor. The company expects you to break your back for them but they dont take care of you in the process. Management is plagued with favoritism. Company policies make it hard for employees to succeed. The main focus may be customer service but lets be real here.....the customer IS NOT always right. However, no matter how hard you work; if the customers are upset......its always the line techs fault. But hey, maybe your experience will be different.
Pros
opens lots of doors in Aviation field
Cons
poor management, poor pay, no recognition
Senior CSR (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OKAugust 7, 2018
I had a great experience working at Atlantic Aviation. I had great co-workers. Very positive work environment. I learned a lot about customer service and aviation.
Easy going
Site Trainer and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Job is great, work can be stressful sometimes. Pay is not up to scale Dealing with multi million dollar airplanes the starting salary is very low! Besides the salary, work is fun...
Long hours and empty promises
Line Service Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 29, 2018
It's a great job for someone that wants the inside look of aviation. There are rewarding times but most of it wasn't. Spend 8 years with the company and worked very hard to make it to management, but never could get there. Transferred to 2 different states to work my way up the latter only to be lied to and kept at a lead level and pay to do manager and supervisory work at less pay. With the long hours and literally zero work/life balance and no sight to continue progression I moved on.
Pros
Aircraft
Cons
To many to list
Fake
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 29, 2018
this company has ZERO standards and will hire anything or anyone just to fill in the holes! they don't appreciate the few good hard loyal working people they have. management is definitely a problem here do not recommend to work! STAY AWAY SJC
Youthful crowd with somewhat willingness to learn.
Facilities Manager / Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2018
I worked for Atlantic for over 7 years and I thought that I was going to retire from this company. It was a great company to work for, however I grew through many positions and was getting to the point that the company was no longer satisfying my wants and desires for myself.
Trickle Down Effect
All (Former Employee) –  AllJune 14, 2018
Atlantic itself is a pretty good company. Bad regional managers who are never reviewed by their higher ups are allowed to do what ever they feel like. The one I had was unfair and completely lacked integrity, asking employees to flat out lie. Middle management is abused, and most of the bases allow bad hourly employees to get away with what they want because they are afraid of a lawsuit. Upper management's abuse creates a trickle down effect that negatively impacts everyone below them.
Great atmosphere, poor wages
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at Atlantic. The downside is there is no room for advancement and the wages are extremely low. Great experiences, but not enough income to live on.
Cons
Wages
Atrocious place to work/management
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 4, 2018
I was at Atlantic almost two years, this company's management is absolutely horrendous. They do not care about their employees, they say they do and always give you a "You're very important to us" speech but it's all lies and deception. The bottom line to them is profit! They do everything for the tenants they have in the hangars but for the Line Techs or CSR's they do nothing. If you have any common sense you will see how bad this place is run. They desperately need to hire more LineTechs and CSR's. The benefits are sub par, the pay is awful for being the Silicon Valley. Morale is low, lots of favoritism. High turn over rate. I've seen so many people leave in my time there. Yet, this all goes back to how horrible management is and the terrible pay. All in all, this is a dead end job. No career progression, the highest you can advance is to a supervisor position which isn't even worth it. At this specific base, all the Line Techs and CSR's seem to be burnt out, staying for overtime and coming in a 6th day. As I've stated the staffing issue is appalling. Management needs to understand people have lives outside work. Management doesn't do any work, it's all the CSR's and Line Tech's that move the wheels so to say.

Some good things are, some co-workes you work with are great, not all but some. Also, you get to see many famous people.

To conclude, I would not recommend this place to anyone. It's a very toxic environment and you're better off working elsewhere.

A good place, I thought if you love aviation but honestly it is just not worth it; but you're welcome to try
  more... it out and see for yourself how truly bad this company is.  less
Pros
None!
Cons
All of them!
Atlantic Aviation CSR
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 2, 2018
A typical day includes scheduling pull out, arrival, and departure information for aircraft. Management assists when needed, but mostly oversees your work from a higher level. You deal directly with pilots and passengers, and ensure their needs have been met for upcoming travel. I liked working here because you meet a lot of people and it opens doors within the Aviation industry.
management
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2018
Senior Management was bad in the beginning until they hired an VP of Avionics Sales to come in and get the shop more work and actually exceeded other departments
Pros
something new everyday
Cons
sr. leadership
Environment was decent, however associates were not.
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Casper, WY 82604May 17, 2018
Atlantic Aviation is a decent company overall. However, management seemed not to be involved much in improvement in employee standard upholdment regarding the company's S.O.P.s.
Pros
Costomer service
Cons
Management, lack of training, lack of involvement of the management team and trainers.
This is Aviation affliated
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
A typical day is expecting around 10 or more incoming flights. Safety is imperative on the flight line. You have to be alert at all times. It could be dangerous.
Pros
Getting to see the different types of aircrafts
Cons
short breaks, cleaning the aircraft bathrooms