Atlantic Aviation Employee Reviews

Atlantic is a great company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 5, 2019
By far one of the best jobs I've ever held. Atlantic is a great Company to work for and the Management and staff at CRP have longevity and know what they are doing. Unfortunately, because of the longevity, advancement opportunities at CRP are rare but not impossible, especially if willing to relocate. The Manager is one of the best Managers I have ever worked for. Management is knowledgeable, fair, and doesn't micro-manage.
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2019
i was happy to work there for the amount of time i did all the staffs great and so are the people and great pay if you have any issues or problems you can take it up with your sups. overall a great working expierence.
Produtive
Lineman/Baggage handler (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2019
Rapid work pace. Good training. Work was performed at different parts of the airport. Very interesting and engaging environment. I thought was a lot of fun..
Too Busy to Hire more LSTs
LST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2019
First off, The GM is really nice and helpful but the line manager doesn't want unnecessary employees and so every shift is short handed. During slow days that isn't a problem but they would hire and train new people for the seasons that are crazy. So, they have people working lousy hours the only comments from the LM are very encouraging. The equipment is poorly kept up or there just isn't enough working equipment to do the work properly. Most of the middle management seems to only be interested in justifying their jobs and passing the buck down the the chain.
Pros
Food, experience, and benefits
Cons
Middle management, lack of trained people
Stepping stone
GSE Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 15, 2019
As a GSE mechanic, Management won’t spend a dime on fixing the actual problem with the equipment you work on. Your only overtime is becoming a baggage handler or deicer. The idea that this place can advance your career is absurd. You can advance maybe once as a mechanic and once as line service. Not to mention they will hire anyone to be mechanics with zero background on the manner or don’t care if they have experience. As a GSE mechanic in Pittsburgh the only thing I got out of this job was the snap on guy
Pros
Cons
Pay, mangement
Crew Lounge exists with many amenities- vid games, board games, movie passes, snacks, toiletry kits, quite room and Free car up to 3 hours.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 26, 2018
I loved my job and position with the company. I learnt a ton with the transition of getting acquired by Atlantic Aviation with this major change to our existing company we learnt the corporate aspects and the great culture at workplace. We had good employee labor laws and health benefits. I manged a team of 6 to 7 employees and we had a great Team Bond. Team building and working as a team came naturally with all the corporate training we were provided.
Pros
Free lunches during busy days, movie passes for up selling fuel
Cons
During Presidential TFR's, long/hectic busy days, air traffic delays due to weather can be an undesirable situation.
Atlantic Aviation Crashes & Burns
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 21, 2018
Atlantic Aviation is basically a gas station at the airport. Tenants pay to have hanger space and the Line techs move and maintain aircraft while the CSR's (Customer Service Representative) maintain the orders, phones,computers and overall customer service. Pay is minimum wage to start but the benefits are good. Management tells you one thing and does another; Actions speak louder than words. There was an accident while one of the line techs was backing the aircraft into the hanger and two other aircraft were damaged. The next few weeks of whispering, closing and slamming doors, and total black out on communication created a very toxic environment for everyone, not just the ones involved in the incident. Atlantic Aviation and Management will throw you to the wolves to save themselves. I earned a guest service award and loved working with the tenants because guest service is my lifeblood. Working in this environment made me physically and emotional sick. It was not worth minimum wage. After watching how the company & management treated those involved in the incident, I was horrified and dreaded going to work everyday. I believe the manager was bi-polar and sometimes off her medications: her actions were often erratic, overly emotional, and illogical. Instead of flying high with dreams of advancement and creating a career in aviation, my dreams burst into flames. The dying embers to rise again for a better company.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low wages, Poor Management
Easy job
Line Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethany, OKNovember 18, 2018
Working at Atlantic is a fun and easy job to do. Towing aircraft and fueling them is fairly easy. The weather is the main thing that sucks about the job. Managers are really cool and very laid back.
towed planes all day
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 14, 2018
fueled planes, towed planes help people out all day.you never no what kinda of day you going have . all the co worker were cool and world hard and we all got the job done
Pros
there was no pros.
Cons
there was no cons
Opportunity for full time hours and benefits and yearly bonus.
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 4, 2018
This job is great if you love the world of aviation. It is high volume and there is always something you can be doing. You must be willing to work in all weather conditions, you will spend most of your day outdoors. There is a lot to learn and it can be very interesting. The downfall to this job is being responsible for million dollar aircraft while being paid such a small wage. The risk to reward, is just not there.
Pros
Great if you love aviation.
Cons
The pay is not enough. You are responsible for more your paycheck is worth.
My experience only, not speaking for anyone but myself.
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYOctober 25, 2018
My particular station has potential however is ridden with many issues. We are extremely busy here in NY, and aren’t staffed properly. Almost all of our equipment doesn’t work properly. Our general manager is non-existent and everyone else is on a power trip. They are starting new hires with 0 experience nearly $2 more than people who’ve been there longer. Overall, not thrilled with Atlantic anymore.
Pros
Good experience (Especially with wide-body aircraft), great stepping stone for a career in aviation.
Cons
Very long unpredictable hours, low pay for the effort that is put in, very poor management.
manage had no respect
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2018
i worked for Atlantic Aviation for 4 years it had its ups and downs, mainly downns with the lack of staffing and the lack of sturdy equipment everyday was a gamble when you worked you never knew if your fuel truck would continue running the entire shift. management constantly belitled you no matter how many hours of overtime you picked up it was never enough they wanted more from you. they didnt care how much o.t you got as long as they didnt have to come in they were fine with it.
Fearmongering disguise as a by the book attitude
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2018
Management is only concern with looking good on the next meeting; they don't care about the employees or the customers, every time there is an incident, management only checks if procedures where fallow, if they were, they don't care about the results or who they inconvenience. They only care about the finger pointing on some else direction.
Pros
A paycheck every two weeks
Cons
Toxic work enviroment
the job is over all good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 24, 2018
The company is over all good place to work, benefits good I would recommend to young people looking to work while in school. The employees are great. Management is not always trustworthy.
the line staff is friendly
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COAugust 22, 2018
I would rather not leave a review of Atlantic Aviation at this time. the staff there are great at working together to achieve there common goals. The cafe has great food.
GREAT place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
Very busy, Atlantic was for private jet owner/companies. I learned how to do billing for fuel for aircrafts. Call into sky tower planes approaching, hotel reservations, ordered catering for private jets, booked rental cars for clients. Manager was the best I ever had...Very kind to me I would of never left that job. I left because my Father got sick. My manager paid me for time off. It was hard to leave this job. but I had to because my Father illness only whould get worse. I LOVED WORKING AT ATLANTIC, the managers where kind and caring..... Really to this day miss them all.
Pros
Staff
Cons
None!
Dont work for Atlantic
Aircraft Line Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 8, 2018
My experience with Atlantic Aviation is pretty poor. The company expects you to break your back for them but they dont take care of you in the process. Management is plagued with favoritism. Company policies make it hard for employees to succeed. The main focus may be customer service but lets be real here.....the customer IS NOT always right. However, no matter how hard you work; if the customers are upset......its always the line techs fault. But hey, maybe your experience will be different.
Pros
opens lots of doors in Aviation field
Cons
poor management, poor pay, no recognition
Senior CSR (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OKAugust 7, 2018
I had a great experience working at Atlantic Aviation. I had great co-workers. Very positive work environment. I learned a lot about customer service and aviation.
Easy going
Site Trainer and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Job is great, work can be stressful sometimes. Pay is not up to scale Dealing with multi million dollar airplanes the starting salary is very low! Besides the salary, work is fun...
Long hours and empty promises
Line Service Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 29, 2018
It's a great job for someone that wants the inside look of aviation. There are rewarding times but most of it wasn't. Spend 8 years with the company and worked very hard to make it to management, but never could get there. Transferred to 2 different states to work my way up the latter only to be lied to and kept at a lead level and pay to do manager and supervisory work at less pay. With the long hours and literally zero work/life balance and no sight to continue progression I moved on.
Pros
Aircraft
Cons
To many to list