Atlantic Aviation Employee Reviews

the line staff is friendly
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COAugust 22, 2018
I would rather not leave a review of Atlantic Aviation at this time. the staff there are great at working together to achieve there common goals. The cafe has great food.
GREAT place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
Very busy, Atlantic was for private jet owner/companies. I learned how to do billing for fuel for aircrafts. Call into sky tower planes approaching, hotel reservations, ordered catering for private jets, booked rental cars for clients. Manager was the best I ever had...Very kind to me I would of never left that job. I left because my Father got sick. My manager paid me for time off. It was hard to leave this job. but I had to because my Father illness only whould get worse. I LOVED WORKING AT ATLANTIC, the managers where kind and caring..... Really to this day miss them all.
Pros
Staff
Cons
None!
Dont work for Atlantic
Aircraft Line Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 8, 2018
My experience with Atlantic Aviation is pretty poor. The company expects you to break your back for them but they dont take care of you in the process. Management is plagued with favoritism. Company policies make it hard for employees to succeed. The main focus may be customer service but lets be real here.....the customer IS NOT always right. However, no matter how hard you work; if the customers are upset......its always the line techs fault. But hey, maybe your experience will be different.
Pros
opens lots of doors in Aviation field
Cons
poor management, poor pay, no recognition
Senior CSR (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OKAugust 7, 2018
I had a great experience working at Atlantic Aviation. I had great co-workers. Very positive work environment. I learned a lot about customer service and aviation.
Long hours and empty promises
Line Service Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 29, 2018
It's a great job for someone that wants the inside look of aviation. There are rewarding times but most of it wasn't. Spend 8 years with the company and worked very hard to make it to management, but never could get there. Transferred to 2 different states to work my way up the latter only to be lied to and kept at a lead level and pay to do manager and supervisory work at less pay. With the long hours and literally zero work/life balance and no sight to continue progression I moved on.
Pros
Aircraft
Cons
To many to list
Fake
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 29, 2018
this company has ZERO standards and will hire anything or anyone just to fill in the holes! they don't appreciate the few good hard loyal working people they have. management is definitely a problem here do not recommend to work! STAY AWAY SJC
Youthful crowd with somewhat willingness to learn.
Facilities Manager / Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2018
I worked for Atlantic for over 7 years and I thought that I was going to retire from this company. It was a great company to work for, however I grew through many positions and was getting to the point that the company was no longer satisfying my wants and desires for myself.
Trickle Down Effect
All (Former Employee) –  AllJune 14, 2018
Atlantic itself is a pretty good company. Bad regional managers who are never reviewed by their higher ups are allowed to do what ever they feel like. The one I had was unfair and completely lacked integrity, asking employees to flat out lie. Middle management is abused, and most of the bases allow bad hourly employees to get away with what they want because they are afraid of a lawsuit. Upper management's abuse creates a trickle down effect that negatively impacts everyone below them.
Great atmosphere, poor wages
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at Atlantic. The downside is there is no room for advancement and the wages are extremely low. Great experiences, but not enough income to live on.
Cons
Wages
Atrocious place to work/management
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 4, 2018
I was at Atlantic almost two years, this company's management is absolutely horrendous. They do not care about their employees, they say they do and always give you a "You're very important to us" speech but it's all lies and deception. The bottom line to them is profit! They do everything for the tenants they have in the hangars but for the Line Techs or CSR's they do nothing. If you have any common sense you will see how bad this place is run. They desperately need to hire more LineTechs and CSR's. The benefits are sub par, the pay is awful for being the Silicon Valley. Morale is low, lots of favoritism. High turn over rate. I've seen so many people leave in my time there. Yet, this all goes back to how horrible management is and the terrible pay. All in all, this is a dead end job. No career progression, the highest you can advance is to a supervisor position which isn't even worth it. At this specific base, all the Line Techs and CSR's seem to be burnt out, staying for overtime and coming in a 6th day. As I've stated the staffing issue is appalling. Management needs to understand people have lives outside work. Management doesn't do any work, it's all the CSR's and Line Tech's that move the wheels so to say.

Some good things are, some co-workes you work with are great, not all but some. Also, you get to see many famous people.

To conclude, I would not recommend this place to anyone. It's a very toxic environment and you're better off working elsewhere.

A good place, I thought if you love aviation but honestly it is just not worth it; but you're welcome to try
  more... it out and see for yourself how truly bad this company is.  less
Pros
None!
Cons
All of them!
Atlantic Aviation CSR
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 2, 2018
A typical day includes scheduling pull out, arrival, and departure information for aircraft. Management assists when needed, but mostly oversees your work from a higher level. You deal directly with pilots and passengers, and ensure their needs have been met for upcoming travel. I liked working here because you meet a lot of people and it opens doors within the Aviation industry.
management
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2018
Senior Management was bad in the beginning until they hired an VP of Avionics Sales to come in and get the shop more work and actually exceeded other departments
Pros
something new everyday
Cons
sr. leadership
Environment was decent, however associates were not.
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Casper, WY 82604May 17, 2018
Atlantic Aviation is a decent company overall. However, management seemed not to be involved much in improvement in employee standard upholdment regarding the company's S.O.P.s.
Pros
Costomer service
Cons
Management, lack of training, lack of involvement of the management team and trainers.
This is Aviation affliated
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
A typical day is expecting around 10 or more incoming flights. Safety is imperative on the flight line. You have to be alert at all times. It could be dangerous.
Pros
Getting to see the different types of aircrafts
Cons
short breaks, cleaning the aircraft bathrooms
Love and miss this Company!
Lead Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
Strong guidance and Leadership Atlantic Aviation I'm truly missing working at this company. The foundation that is set at this presents is strong. Wonderful company to work for.
relax place
Line Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 26, 2018
was a nice clam place to work enjoyed the employees working there got to see nice planes something different learned a lot over the time working there meant a lot of famous actors
Pros
the food, planes, cars
Cons
jet fuel
Each Location is Different
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 5, 2018
Overall Atlantic is not a bad company, pay is on par with similar positions, they do a decent job at promoting from within, the overall job can be exciting while somewhat stressful, but local management can be excellent or horrible. Corporate tends to let the local management do as they please with very little concern for the general well being of the staff as long as the location is meeting targeted budgets. Some local managers feel it is okay to degrade employees, threaten, take credit for work well done/new ideas, expect long work days (sometimes unavoidable for events) when they themselves are not putting in the effort, watching cameras from their home or office, not trusting the employees/managers to make even minor decisions, pinning employees against one another, etc.
Some local managers are great, they support their staff, very encouraging, understand the work/life balance by adjusting shifts to accommodate when applicapable, trust their employees/managers with decisions, understand that customers come first and happy employees make happy customers.
Too bad Atlantic has several bad General Managers because their corporate ideas are very employee friendly.
Pros
Good Company Benefits
Cons
Each Location has its own style of management
productive and fun
Line tech (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 24, 2018
Working here gave me a good fixed placed working in aviation. Most airports work around the clock, but here I had my set times so that made me happy alone. The team I worked me with was great. The guys are cool and pretty fun to joke around with, they were pretty sensitive at first. But because of them, it made the job fun.
Fun field to work in.
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 3, 2018
I worked with Atlantic Aviation for just under 5 years. I loved the job and the people I worked with, just not the pay and the fact I could not grow within the company at the location I was at unless I moved. I've had the opportunity to work with a lot of great people not only at the base I was at but also from other bases from within my region. I'd still be there if I wasn't offered a position doing the same work I was doing with Atlantic but the pay was much better.
Pros
You work outside. And free food. Lol
Cons
Pay, and working outside in the winter.
Very professional
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2018
it was fun working with the celebrities that came in and also the pilots. you learned a lot of the planes and how to give out hertz cars. we always had the catering set up for the clients. it was fast paced. i just was trained how i should have been and that was upsetting
Pros
met people all over the world
Cons
gossip