Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group

Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group Employee Reviews

United States62 reviews
Good company and procedures that promotes loan officers. Underwriting of files is done upfront which helps with closing loans on time. Strong operations center.
Traumatic.

Reflecting on my time with this company is just beyond triggering. From being sidelined, bullied, thrown under the bus, and just downright ignored. What little I received, I fought for. Honestly, the only thing I actually appreciated about ABMG was the insurance. Because I didn't have any prior. The rest was simply a hard lesson in knowing my own worth and standing my ground. Because in the end, management did nothing to protect me.

The pay was reasonable, for industry standards; although, don't expect a pay raise unless you get promoted. Again, insurance very useful. Learned a few things - mostly non-mortgage related - which I've since carried over into current activities. Was very fortunate to be in a position to take time off when needed. Also can't forget the small handful of co-workers who made life there tolerable.

Nonetheless, there's something incredibly demoralizing to witness those around you, with ZERO EXPERIENCE, get trained or promoted, while you're told you don't qualify. Instead, I was met with a severance. So much for that weekly "endless opportunity" pep talk.
Pros
Insurance, Time Off
Cons
Nepotism, Poor Communication, Little Room for Advancement
Management is always available to assist if needed. Everyday is a learning experience. Management has put together a great team environment. We are always awarded as a team.
Anti moral environment, nonprofessional no ethical culture. Make employee feel worthless not part of the company. Everything needed to be figured out.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company, like many, has pros and cons. Specific to the job I did in the technology department, is how I scaled this. The team I was on is poorly managed by a supervisor whom got the job on a whim. Since me being there, 6 people, specific to his team, have left. He will make your life a living nightmare if you ever go against him. There is too much work and expectation for the pay. There will be no room for growth, unless you're male. Oh and he couldn't do the job himself or his let alone, so expect any accomplishment that you may make, to suddenly become his. Please go for another position within this company
My boss moved companies, that's the only reason I moved companies! I was allowed my own office, I could bring my dog to work, There were always parties for realtors, it was so much fun!
ABMG is a great company but make sure you are aware as things are not always as they seem. Many on the team are treated differently depending on if you are family
Sadly company has taken a nose dive in the past 18 months due to constant changes in management. Gossiping culture leads to lies,corruption, and even allowing managers to include family members in their lies to cover there own selves from legal ramifications of violations of policies and agreements. Toxic environment and now reducing in size once again. Steer clear!
The company itself is a great company I loved the culture and the people that worked in my office. However when you have someone that is constantly making passes at you and telling you you should wear more dresses and that you dropped something to get you to bend over, and taking you in a conference room to feel you up, that’s a problem and it was very uncomfortable and created major anxiety for me therefore Ialthough the company is good they choose to allow this person to stay i had no other choice but to leave for my sanity
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group?
Atlantic Bay is going through some growing pains but they are moving in the right direction. It's going to take time and people need to be patient. If you don't like something, then you need to speak up, just make sure you do it respectfully. As they say 'You get more bees with honey than with vinegar".
Great company with excellent culture. We get free coffee, snacks, ability to stream music, there is always something fun happening at ABMG. This is a company that truly understands work/life balance. I have a manger that gives me the autonomy to do my work. We all work as a great team with a collective goal of helping families.
ABMG is a great place to work at, they care about their people a lot. Tons of activities at work, free lunches, volunteer time is paid and very casual working environment. I was laid off otherwise I would still be there.
Management is cliquish and if one person in management doesn't like you, then they all turn on you. They even go as far as making up rules that support their "idea of you" even if they may have told you differently before. I have never experienced a work environment in which the whole of management gave me rave reviews for the first 10 months and then within a week completely turned on me. According to them, everything that they previously stated was great was now wrong.
Pros
Great benefits for a single person.
Cons
ABMG has the best working environment. Very much interested in your work/family life balance. Absolutely respect management and loved working there. Left for a better opportunity but keep in touch and would work there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Great culture and they understand the need for a work like balance. They only thing is that depending on the department you are in there isn't much room for advancement.
Great place to work. I would highly recommend this place for employment to others. You will get great training when you start. Keep in mind you will also work hard.
Assistant pay is lacking.
If you need to support a family, this isn't the place for you.

Insurance was great.

A plus is the networking events.

My thoughts on management are my own and anyone walking into this position should have an open mind. Just be comfortable working alone.
Great company to work with on every angle. They were very attentive to their employees needs. They ensured that we had the proper training as well on a monthly basis.
Their thoughts on their culture and reality of their culture are two different things. Management does not have their employees back, they go out of their way to lessen the employees just build up the sales department.
Pros
Paid volunteer time
Cons
Poor leadership
I wouldn't recommend that anyone work for this company. They will hire 30 people within one month and then terminate/layoff 20 the next month. The company is very unstable and constantly changing their "vision". If you are looking for a stable mortgage company to work for, I highly recommend you look elsewhere. The work environment here is unhealthy and biased. Originally when I received my position, I ignored the reviews and figured there would always be some unhappy employees with any employer. There are many employees that are treated unfairly based on circumstances that can’t be changed. Example: weight, color etc. although that supposedly isn’t supposed to be tolerated at Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group. Promotions are exclusively based on popularity. Work ethic, knowledge, and intentions to grow with this company will get you nowhere here. If you want to succeed you have to be liked, make friends with the right higher ups and never ask too many questions. If you were previously the popular kid in high school and able to always keep a fake, likeable persona this may be the perfect company for you!
Pros
Health Insurance, 401K, Vision
Cons
Unhealthy workplace, Poor work life balance, Poor Management
When I was hired I was told I would have support to be in two realtor offices in Polk county to help me establish realtor relationships. They decided not to continue that program. I started working ti ABMG in August and didnt go to training until October. I closed loans but none in February which is why they dismissed me...even though I had 5 approvals for customers ready to pick a home and close in March.