Atlantic Broadband Employee Reviews

Disorganized
Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NHAugust 5, 2019
This is the most disorganized organization I've ever worked for. There is no consistency to anything. Departments do not work together for any common goal and customers and employees alike suffer the consequences
Terrible Place to Work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 31, 2019
Terrible place to work extremely political they would set people up to get them fired or make them quit. Terrible management unskilled and arrogant. Horrible people mangers
Productive and Fast Paced
Data Voice Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 30, 2019
I enjoy Atlantic Broadband very much, I am always learning something new . When i need help learning someone is always there ready and happy to help. Its one of my favorite jobs
Pros
Free Internet
Cons
Healthcare is not that great
Excellent place to work
Bilingual Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 27, 2019
Gave me the technical support experience I needed to advance. Coaching 1 per week so I was able to understand my faults and correct them. Enjoyed the experience.
Positive work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCMay 16, 2019
Typical day at work consisted of assisting customers in a timely manner with processing payments, testing default equipment, listening to customers concerns, evaluating and deciphering customers problems.

Learning experience was how to correct defaulted equipment.

Management: Time management and corresponding with coworkers on how to solve situations in a timely manner.

Diverse Culture

Refurbishing cable equipment

Interacting with customers daily
Pros
Commission, and bonus
Cons
N/a
I don't recommend if you are under stress
MULTILINGUAL DATA AND VOICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 10, 2019
A typical day at work is definitely the same one after the other. Not different in any instance. You will get yelled at no matter what you do or how involved you are with the issue or non-issue. I believe in fairness in life and if you are not choosing to be happy or work with something that you enjoy doing or that give you the benefit that you deserve then don't even try it.
Pros
Upper management is fairly friendly
Cons
Too much pressure, low career incentives, unfair treatment
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJanuary 29, 2019
Answered the phone and did customer service to help customers with purchases of Cable internet or phone service. Helped solve any issues that the customer had with their service. Offered packaged deals to new customers or upgrades for better service. I was always polite and friendly to all customers.
Great Place to work if you live in the serviceable area
SELECT COMMUNITY COMMERICAL SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 11, 2018
Great Place to work if you live in the serviceable area, the management is extremely involved adn responsive, but the company is in the middle of extreme expansion.
Good people, good place to work!
PROJECT MANAGER FIELD (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 28, 2018
Good Balance between work and life ! Good people to work with!
As long as you know exactly what you say that you know it would be a great places to work, it is hard working environment.
Demoralizing
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 20, 2018
The supervisors micromanage everyone and were encouraged to do so by the company. They also penalized you for having a documented medical condition. They would find loopholes to bully and abuse power. They would also time you while in the bathroom.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Short break, Abuse of power, Bullying
Extremely busy call center
Master Technical Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 19, 2018
I wasn't offered a great salary for my experience in this company. I was on the phones for 12 hours of my shift. Bathroom breaks couldn't be too long. I'd say this department was extremely stressful demanding and felt that my manager was looking for any way to have me fired whether or not I showed I was a great worker.
Pros
Cons
Lunch break too short couldn't take too many bathroom breaks.
Well paying union job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 19, 2018
While the environment and customer base could be extremely stressful, Atlantic Broadband did compensate it's employees very well and had good benefits.
Horrible
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  North Bay Village, FLJuly 27, 2018
My time there was horrible. There was zero direction on what the objective was and who did what. The Rules of Engagement were not defined which led to chaos with the sales force. And the inability to target large accounts made the sales process worse.
Pros
Cons
Too Many to state
Great Workplace
Commercial Data Voice Technician (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 20, 2018
Atlantic Broadband is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly. I've learned very much about the services Atlantic Broadband provides to Business customers. There's not much room for Career Advancement in my current position however.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Lack of advancement
Productive and Fun Place
Accounts Payable Admin (Current Employee) –  Grasonville, MDJuly 15, 2018
Working with the company for as many years as I did I learned the customers become more like family and friends. Working the front counter in both Maryland and Delaware offices was able to build a positive relationship with all of the customers and coworkers.
Productive and fun workplace.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 5, 2018
Great environment to work in, easy going, laid back yet fun and productive workplace with helpful management team and friendly coworkers. In a typical work day I would answer 60 to 70 calls a day, in English or in Spanish.
Steady work with good pay
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PA 15905June 14, 2018
Steady work with good pay structure. Plenty of opportunity for overtime. Enjoy talking to the customers and helping them with their services. Access to great cable, internet and phone services.
Bad overall experience
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 13, 2018
A bad personal experience at every turn. Likely due to a poor personal career fit, but lots of poor behaviors and qualities in the office. Promotion included training materials not relevant to the job duties and had very little training on systems used. Promoted staff members were unhelpful.
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAJune 10, 2018
I feel this is a good place to work for and company to become part of. the opportunity is endless and the benefits are fair just struggle at first but with time is great.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Love working with the customers
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEMay 10, 2018
Pros
One Big Family
Cons
Not being able to take breaks on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Broadband. Our community is ready to answer.