ATLANTIC GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Small Community Hosptial that is a good place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 30, 2018
Enjoyed working here over the years., The staff are good people, Small community close knit feel, close the beach/summer activities, safe work places.
Pros
Good pay and good people to work alongside
Cons
Upper management and Senior Lead could be better, Need to have more pay incentives for all the extra work you put in.
Fair
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 26, 2018
I really enjoyed the short distance from home, the commute was great no traffic. Though the pay was a little short I was able to make ends meet by living a simple life. I was expose to latest software at the time that lead to other positions during my search for other employment. The hospital is very involved in the community health. I just wish you could get more that cost of living raises annually.
Pros
Driving distance from home.
Cons
Low wages
Night Shift CNA
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 8, 2018
I worked 12 hour night shifts as a CNA. I truly miss working here. It was my first position as a CNA. Most of the nurses that I worked with were excellent. I almost always worked with helpful people. Management was good. No complaints.
Agh
RN Supervisor, RN Charge, Floor RN, LPN, CNA (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 2, 2018
I felt like it was a small family atmosphere and enjoyed working with each and everyone of them. I recommend this hospital to all my friends and family.
AGH was a great place to work
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDJanuary 29, 2018
Very supportive environment. Enjoyed working with a wide variety of individuals, including Hospital Administration. Would highly recommend working at AGH.
Work Ethic
Registar/Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDJanuary 23, 2018
I worked at this job for less than a year. I enjoyed the job itself but the work environment was very challenging. This was due to lack of good management and hire ups. I really would refer anyone to work for this company. For the amount of time, work,stress, and lack of appreciate it was not worth the low amount of pay. This was definitely a learning experience working for Atlantic General Hospital.
excellent work environment
Office Leader (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MD 21811January 21, 2018
hired to transition from privately owned medical practice to group practice operated by Atlantic General Hospital Health Care System.
Management was supportive and always there to help solve any transition issues. The most difficult part of the position was the scanning of all medical records (tedious and time consuming). The best part of the job was helping patients with the transition.
Pros
professional and caring
satisfactory
Payment Poster & Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDJanuary 4, 2018
too much micro managing

no employee recognition
no paid holidays
no paid time for inclement weather

friendly co-workers

underpaid and overworked

NOT ENOUGH TRAINING
Fast paced hospital with nurse tech/unit secretary experience
Nurse Technician / Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDNovember 24, 2017
Nurse Technician
A typical day wouldn't be able to start without getting report from the nightshift CNA, and then again from my am nurse. Passing out breakfast to, and getting vital signs from my patients was the next top priority. Alter breakfast was collected I would assist (if needed) all patients with every daily activity of life (brushing teeth, bathing, change linens, ect). In between what I've listed I was also responsible for answering call bells for any additional needs my patients had, assisting nurses and doctors with any specimen (Blood draws, EKG's, taking out Foley catheters) collection or routine in room procedures, and getting patients ready for any imaging, discharge, or admission.
Medical Secretary
Handle a multi-line phone system, page nurses, CNA's doctors, transcribing doctors order into the computer for admission/discharges/routine daily orders, answer call bells and page Nurses/CNA's accordingly, greet family members and assist them accordingly, file, copy, transcribe the admission whiteboard so as to direct all clinical/hospital personnel, and family members to the appropriate patient/nurse/CNA/doctor, and assist charge nurse with any additional paperwork.
Pros
Excellent facility and mentors
Cons
Food left room for improvement
Days in the the labor.
Mohs Technician (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDNovember 6, 2017
This was a great experience.Worked long hours, helping others, and assisting to help remove skin cancer, assisting in surgical repairs. Had an great time.
Pros
Free samples and luncheons.
Cons
No breaks
Fun job but very stressful
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDOctober 30, 2017
The team of doctors is very nice to work with. The job is very high paced though so depending on your personality you may or may not like it. Compensation is not the best.
very busy at times, staff worked well together
Staff nurse, med-surge/telemetry (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 20, 2017
I relocated from PA to MD in March of 2007. AGH was my first job in Maryland, selected because it is on the coast. I worked there for 2 years as I got to know the area and what ever other jobs were out there. It was a great experience. We are a small town where we know each other. I am still in contact with the people I worked with.
Pros
friendly, small town atmosphere. Management cared about each employee
Everyone works as a team to ensure quality patient care.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Duties consisted of compounding medications including intravenous solutions, restocking pyxis machines, and interacting with various team members throughout hospital.
great
Imaging (Current Employee) –  imagingAugust 27, 2017
Atlantic General Hospital is a very nice place to work. The working environment is very good. They really go the extra mile to make there employees know that they care.
small hospital with focus on patient care
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJuly 22, 2017
Although the staff focus is on patient care, many time the management culture conflicts with the best patient outcome. There is heavy middle management that can sometimes hinder progressive changes.
Good work environment
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJuly 10, 2017
Good communication throughout staff members. Training on the job helps with quicker under standing. Guaranteed hours with a flexible schedule. Work every other holiday.
Productive place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJuly 10, 2017
You will always be busy. Continuing to grow and room for advancement. Friendly people, Coworkers are willing to help each other in order to get the job done. Friendly atmosphere, very clean.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Salary
great pay, good management, nice people
PRN DPT (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 10, 2017
People are so friendly, smile all the time. No stress work at all. Management people are very considerate, understand you, trying to work out with you. Best place to work at.
Pros
Great people, good pay
Cons
small hospital
Horrible Staff to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDFebruary 22, 2017
The nurses and techs were very snobby and rude. They treated the staff members as if they were beneath them. Everyone gossiped about everyone. It was like being in high school with a bunch of mean popular girls.
Pros
Doctors, Ceo, Department Heads
Cons
Rude nurses
Family Oriented feel
Certfied Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Very caring place to work. The management cares about their employees. Atlantic General Hospital is seeing many changes and they are striving to provide the best patient care possible.
Pros
Education for employees