Atlantic Health System Employee Reviews

Great place to work a company that I will base other companies on
Echo Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 7, 2018
I was a consultant with AHS and the staff made me feel as if I was an employee. The environment promotes success. The management had great leaders, to lead.
what ive learned
Front End Representative (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 6, 2018
Whatever happens and you feel its wrong or unfair, whether its you or a co work. Just keep your mouth shut and don't bother saying anything. Make sure you get your job position and location in writing and signed or else you will be forced to travel from location to location if you are working in a private practice. Working in the hospital is better then working in a private practice. Don't learn to much or be smart or your taken advantage of. I learn that your in a lose, lose situation.
Pros
advancements, pay, benefits, able to learn.
Cons
management and coordinators in private practice setting. Employee parking.
Calm Spa Atmosphere
Gift Shop Associate/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 30, 2018
Running day to day store operations while assisting the front desk. Benefits are great, however management could use some improvement. Discounts are great.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
Slow-pace
No comment
OVERLOOK MEDICAL CENTER, PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 20, 2018
The organization is growing in various departments. Job advancement is hard, unless you know someone working in that specific department. Staffing is in need of improvement and should be based on acuity. You should be allowed to submit to more than two jobs at a time and feedback should be provided as to why you were not considered for an interview.
Cons
short breaks
Great company
Talent Associate- Accountable Care Organization (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 18, 2018
It a very stable company and great for working mothers. Lots of opportunities for internal mobility and advancement . Most groups do not support remote working which is a negative but it has many other positive aspects
Work culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 16, 2018
New Leadership is not employee-focused any longer. Benefits have been revised to be more expensive for the employee. Paid Time Off is equitable, when compared to the other hospitals in the area. Pay is okay.
Top 50 and 100 Hospitals in America
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Oncologty Research, Morristown Medical CenterApril 12, 2018
Typical Day at Work:
07:00 - 3:00 schedule, 30 minute lunch.

What I Learned:
Various and many modes of data entry and Regulatory documentation required for each medical study.

Management:
Very supportive.

Workplace Culture:
Teamwork and the support from co-workers.

The Hardest Part of the Job:
Multiple deadlines, and overlapping tasks.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
Teamwork, both within the department and outside. Everyone is pleasant to work with.
Pros
Great Health benefits
Cons
7.5 hour work day. Not paid for lunch.
Excellent place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 10, 2018
Great place to work. Allows for independent thinking and encourages upward mobility professionally. Strong commitment to employee and community. Would recommend this employer!
Pros
Strong leadership
Culture Change
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJApril 7, 2018
Worked closely with the leaders from all the sites to create a culture of teamwork, respect and a culture of healing. Was a good please to work but wanted to do a little bit more.
Flexible Company to work at
Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, Mental Health Assist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 21, 2018
Flexibility and employee satisfaction
Always advocates promotion of opportunities
Benefits are good if you are full time , no per diem benefits
Fortune 100 Company , always tons of surprises and gifts
Fast-paced, interesting and collegial workplace.
RN (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 16, 2018
I learned a lot during my first year at MMC/AHS. My colleagues were supportive and helpful. Employees are offered lots of support and incentives, and in general there is a culture of learning, cooperation and support.
Utilized my skills within department to continue to grow.
Radiology Central Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Morristown NjMarch 12, 2018
Log onto phones and hospital scheduling systems. Answer calls and schedule accordingly to site and location, provide patient with preparation based on exam, confirm time and date before finalizing calls and provide direction and suite information of facility. I schedule for 10 plus facilities Morristown Medical Center, Overlook medical center, newton medical center and they’re off site facilities as well, maintaining all call under 6 minutes but making sure patient has complete understanding and knowledge to their appointments. Uptain and verify patient demographics and collectioning and verify patient insurance, check eligibility and uptain authorization when needed.
Pros
Amazing corporation to work for
Cons
Commuting
A lot expected of staff nurses- but thats the norm.
Full-Time Staff RN (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 11, 2018
Good benefits, decent pay. As with most hospitals these days the nurse to patient ratio is poor, but no different than other hospitals. Small recognition given for extra work. Local Management has always been fair and treated employees the best they could with what they are given.
Toxic and abusive Management especially in the laboratory.
Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  MorristownMarch 9, 2018
Toxic and abusive Management especially in the laboratory.
Its all politics and seniority. The people who have been there the longest will treat you in an abusive manner and make you feel worthless. You can not complain because the management chain is a gang of friends and they will retaliate. Worst environment in the world very hostile and abusive.
internal auditor
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 28, 2018
Very intense working enviorment. No team work. Flexible hour. Some time rush to get the work done but most of the time I can finish my assigned work during time frame.
Pros
flexible hour
Cons
Not enough time to do the assigned work
Don’t judge a book by it’s cover
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 25, 2018
AHS betrays it’self as one of the top 100 places to work in NJ that may be true. We have excellent benefits and have great perks. But when you look at individual depts that outlook changes greatly

My dept overworks you. There is no work-life balance and from personal experience they don’t care about your life outside of work. Just get here on time do what you are supposed to do and pick up peoples slack when needed

We probably have more people in charge than “workers” and seem to have no regard for their employees concerns

I’m am not speaking as AHS as a whole it depends what department you are in and how it is managed

I can say that it took me a long time to get here and if I could do it again I probably wouldn’t. It’s just not worth the aggravation
Benefits
Cons
Management, lazy coworkers
Overall Good Place to Work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 21, 2018
Overall Atlantic Health is good place to work, some days are stressful with all the new changes being implemented and high expectations of management. The pay rate and benefits are pretty good though.
Not sure what I was hired to do
Food Service patients (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 18, 2018
I thought I had applied to work in the cafe at one of there many locations. And b4 I started I asked what my role was going to be there and no one gave me a straight answer. I was told by the manager when I asked him. He told me he gave my the job roles in the interview but he gave me a overall of all the positions. I’m sure it wasn’t what we discussed as far as me directly.
Then once I started I was being trained for a position so on the third day I told the supervisor that I think it was a mix up on the position I applied for. Then he responded everyone do all roles here so you train in each one cause it’s a rotation system. Ok I was fine with that now it’s three weeks later and I don’t see no change in my position and I only trained one day in two other position and I’m out of training.
Now, I noticed there isn’t any rotation system it’s a lot of people that don’t leave the kitchen at all. Then to make my self even more confused I was told by the supervisor that the cafe and kitchen is two different departments. But I’m sure I was told by the manager I would have to work the register at some point.
Another employee there over heard me talking to the supervisor and told me. Not to say anything about the job they will write you up and force you to work certain areas. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. all I kept thinking was is this really happening? Then he mentioned they write you up and your unaware of the write. I can’t believe this company is like this. I gave up my job waited a month to get into this one. Was so excited to work for Atlantic Health and never
  more... been so unhappy in my life.  less
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
No free food
High paced, friendly environment
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 10, 2018
Working at AHS gave me the opportunity to advance and take on additional educational courses. They offer great benefits and are a high level institute with great patient care.
Pros
Good benefits, friendly environment
Cons
working hours
im never leaving here
Mobility Assistance Operator (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 27, 2018
ive been at ahs for 3 years and i can say i dont intend on leaving. no job place is perfect but i am fortunate to have a great manager, flexibility and very good pay for my services. there is plenty of opportunity to grow as well as i have through my years.
Pros
pay, maangement, growth
Cons
no complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight