Atlantic Health

Atlantic Health Employee Reviews

Atlantic Health insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Be prepared to work hard

Some information provided during the interview regarding hours was not accurate. The job description advises every other weekend is required but most employees work 3 weekends each month. Those applying for the position are advised that pushing/pulling/lifting of 50lbs is required but the carts weigh much more than that when full. Good employees are overlooked for advancement while lazy employees don't seem to receive consequences for poor work performance. The staff is not large enough to evenly distribute tasks.

Pros

Meal compensation

Cons

Staff size is not enough

Provider

Highly micromanaged and revenue based. Disorganized and not efficient. The company has many meetings and emails about the budget and revenue that they involve providers in and this is despite bringing in more money than anticipated.

Benefits

Cons

Too many meetings about revenue

Excellent management from the top down

Great work environment and flexibility the company is very supportive Responsive to your needs. Great benefits more so than many of my friends that are working in the same field. If I didn’t move out of state I never would’ve left them.

It's a big Organization with multiple departments.

A lot of favoritism and bias from management. Management team need management training and employees should play a key part in management reviews as we are the ones who directly engage and work with management team.

Pros

full time benefits

Cons

a lot of favortism, certain management team members aren't applicable for management positions that they are in***

You can move around

You can make more money sometimes by going to help in other departments and they will sign for some of the people to keep their licenses also they have good health insurance and you can be seen for somethings at the job

Pros

Free samples

Cons

Management can do what they want to you

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Nurse team members are wonderful but that's it.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Atlantic Health is non existent. Call and email you on your days off on a regular basis. Contact you during your vacation and leave repeatedly to do workPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Atlantic Health are not at all competitive with other agencies. They nickel and dime every penny you makeManagementIn general, managers at Atlantic Health are the worst I've ever had. The way they speak to the field staff is shameful. Morale is non existent. They clearly do not understand the basic knowledge that the key to a successful company is satisfied employeesOverallMy experience working at Atlantic Health was regretful. No value as a team member, and the expectations are not even remotely attainable

Exciting

It’s a challenge and more experienced for in my background. So far been okay. Just one opinion that I need to add is they need to change the job Title.

HAPPY Employee Here

Love my job, coworkers, and overall the environment and people at work have been nothing short of AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL! I adore my manager and assistant managers. My peers are great, we work hard and laugh harder at times. I won't change a thing(well, more money lol)

Great experience

Great experience meeting new customers and dealing with patients. You develop good relationships with customers and patients. Owners were a very nice family.

excellent place for growth

Would highly recommend excellent growth opportunities care about employees very well compensated state of the art technology tremendous research encourages education

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Atlantic Health?

Fair place to work

I was very happy on getting my new job at HMC I really was well, fair salaries and management will hear your opinions . But I'm really sad the shift I can only work is nights. People is very hard to get along with Clics are the problem to many bosses really annoyed. 😞

Pros

Management, salary

Cons

No meal discount, no transport/night shift, (clics)

My paycheck bounced. Every pay period.

My paycheck bounced every pay period. My co workers would leave work on pay day abd rush to their bank to cash their paycheck. SunTrust at the time asked me if I bounced my mortgage payment. I said no that was a deposit. It was my paycheck. This happened until our contracts were breached and we were all let go. The company changed their name to atlantic health.

Worst place to work

You have to be caseworker and reach to many units, secretary, transport consumers, and clean the kitchen. Too much work for $8.00 in the beginning they say flexibility on schedule, but then they change. In addition, you have to use you car snd drive a lot just for $50 dollars twice a week.

Cons

A great working environment!

Working at Atlantic Health was a positive experience. The training was thorough and gave insight into the daily needs of the patients and the need for nurses to be aware at ALL times of what is happening with the patients.

Pros

Positive mangement

Cons

None if you love dialysis.

Not a positive place to work

AHS is top heavy way to many director receiving very high salaries. Management is more concerned with being part of US News #40 than staff & patients.

Excellent company that excels in providing exemplary brain injury rehab.

I enjoyed working at Atlantic Health Group (Mentis Neuro Rehab) as it's primary business is treating individuals who have acquired brain injuries. Healthcare in general is my passion, most specifically brain injury rehab. AHG is privately owned which allows flexibility and the environment to become involved in many aspects of the company including operations.

Very Good Place with Career Advancment

Great place to work. Learned so much in my time here that i was able to build myself to work in many parts of this hospital. As a tech you only work three 12 hour shifts so you have four days off to go to school or relax.

Pros

Job advancement great staff

Cons

Atlantic Health ia an excellent company to work for.

From the start of orientation to the start of work I have been impressed with each and every employee in every department that I have met. Everyone takes pride in their work and is friendly and helpful to both co-workers and patients.

Pros

full time employees have excellent health benefits.

Cons

i am only a per diem employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Atlantic Health with