Atlantic Health Employee Reviews

a positive
Certified Home Health Aide/Hospice (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 14, 2018
It was a positive experience working for Atlantic Health Systems. Every department works hard as a team to make Atlantic Health Systems the company it is today.
Pros
good pay, supportive coworkers, great supervisors, ability to move ahead
Progressive Medical Group in Northern New Jersey
Director, Operations (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 14, 2018
My experience with Atlantic Health has given me the opportunity for professional and personal development in the ever changing environment of healthcare. A typical day could include strategic planning meetings, staff development and financial reporting for the practices. The hardest yet most enjoyable part of my job would be the interaction between our physicians, staff and patients, being there to assist and provide the best level of service to our community.
Pros
Fortune 100 Company
Cons
My commute is 400 miles a week
Excellent company to work for
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 9, 2018
My voice was always heard as an employee, Atlantic Health cares about their employees as much as their patients. I always felt appreciated and encouraged to reach high.
An impressive corporation with ample opportunities
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 3, 2018
The people with which I worked were willing to help me, and embraced me into their department. It was made clear to me that I was wanted in this system.
Productive and great place to work
Temp Assignments (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 31, 2018
I would type the envelope packets including medical records with full-history reports and observations records, scanned physical exams reports ,X-rays, vital signs and additional films into medical records software as needed,Performed general clerical and administrative duties including administrative duties. I worked with a great set of nurses that were very kind and helpful.
Allied Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 30, 2018
Great place to work, strong in a team environment and work/life balance encouraged.

Limited opportunities for career advancement- not clear succession plan or career pathways.
Great company
FRONT END REP (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 29, 2018
This is a good company to work for, pay is good and benefits. Great environment and always advancement opportunities. Patient care is most important. Meet great people
Behavioral health needs revamping
N/A, prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 21, 2018
Mental health understaffed; very political place with a lot of red tape. Most positions landed based on who you know, little room for promotion. Manager has poor listening skills, focuses on petty things, & needs to address problems at source.
Pros
Decent pay, good co-workers, finally adding more parking for employees
Cons
political, uptight mngt, minimal room for advancement, management doesn't understand why programs struggle even if it's explained, understaffed
Great place to work a company that I will base other companies on
Echo Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 7, 2018
I was a consultant with AHS and the staff made me feel as if I was an employee. The environment promotes success. The management had great leaders, to lead.
what ive learned
Front End Representative (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 6, 2018
Whatever happens and you feel its wrong or unfair, whether its you or a co work. Just keep your mouth shut and don't bother saying anything. Make sure you get your job position and location in writing and signed or else you will be forced to travel from location to location if you are working in a private practice. Working in the hospital is better then working in a private practice. Don't learn to much or be smart or your taken advantage of. I learn that your in a lose, lose situation.
Pros
advancements, pay, benefits, able to learn.
Cons
management and coordinators in private practice setting. Employee parking.
Avoid Crisis unit
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 6, 2018
If you want to care for patients that are kept in jail-like rooms in a program that's understaffed and super busy then this is the place for you. It's stressful and you're barely able to take a break. Patients languish there for days due to lack of beds. You barely have time to spend with patients because it's so busy (15 patients/shift or more).
Forget room for advancement here; it's all who you know and very political. Upper management never takes any time to speak with direct care workers and really don't get it.
Pros
Decent pay, good co-workers; good patient providers
Cons
Understaffed, very high patient volume, poor computer charting system, awful patient rooms in crisis (look like depressing jail cells and people complain, hospital neglects mental health programs since they're not lucrative, very political place, poor management & human resources with too many managers, minimal room for job advancement in behavioral health
Very stressful work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 2, 2018
A Typical day at Morristown Medical center, for me, includes registration, insurance verifications, and customer service. the toughest part of the job is that management doesn't really care about there employees so its hard to grow within the company unless you have connection. The amount of years an employee has been here or his/her credentials don't really mean much.
Calm Spa Atmosphere
Gift Shop Associate/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 30, 2018
Running day to day store operations while assisting the front desk. Benefits are great, however management could use some improvement. Discounts are great.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
Slow-pace
No comment
OVERLOOK MEDICAL CENTER, PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 20, 2018
The organization is growing in various departments. Job advancement is hard, unless you know someone working in that specific department. Staffing is in need of improvement and should be based on acuity. You should be allowed to submit to more than two jobs at a time and feedback should be provided as to why you were not considered for an interview.
Cons
short breaks
Great company
Talent Associate- Accountable Care Organization (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 18, 2018
It a very stable company and great for working mothers. Lots of opportunities for internal mobility and advancement . Most groups do not support remote working which is a negative but it has many other positive aspects
Work culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 16, 2018
New Leadership is not employee-focused any longer. Benefits have been revised to be more expensive for the employee. Paid Time Off is equitable, when compared to the other hospitals in the area. Pay is okay.
Top 50 and 100 Hospitals in America
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Oncologty Research, Morristown Medical CenterApril 12, 2018
Typical Day at Work:
07:00 - 3:00 schedule, 30 minute lunch.

What I Learned:
Various and many modes of data entry and Regulatory documentation required for each medical study.

Management:
Very supportive.

Workplace Culture:
Teamwork and the support from co-workers.

The Hardest Part of the Job:
Multiple deadlines, and overlapping tasks.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
Teamwork, both within the department and outside. Everyone is pleasant to work with.
Pros
Great Health benefits
Cons
7.5 hour work day. Not paid for lunch.
Excellent place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 10, 2018
Great place to work. Allows for independent thinking and encourages upward mobility professionally. Strong commitment to employee and community. Would recommend this employer!
Pros
Strong leadership
Culture Change
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJApril 7, 2018
Worked closely with the leaders from all the sites to create a culture of teamwork, respect and a culture of healing. Was a good please to work but wanted to do a little bit more.
Atlantic Health System
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMarch 28, 2018
Atlantic Health System is a great company to work for. Management is flexible with staff and receptive to new ideas. The company is growing and will continue to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Health. Our community is ready to answer.