Atlantic Medical Imaging

Atlantic Medical Imaging Employee Reviews

I would seek employment elsewhere
A typical day as a technologist revolves around: correcting billing , referring doctor ordering error's, and scheduling errors. Operations and management are a disaster. No one in charge of operations, work flow or management has any idea of what actually transpires during a typical day. Equipment is old, and completely outdated. Any constructive criticism regarding AMI's operations are ignored, and considered a personal attack. Office managers, and department managers are largely condescending, and self serving. Your work life, and wages are based on how much the person writing your evaluation likes you, not competency or reliability. If I had to choose one word to describe the company's culture it would be: oppressive. No employee representation, HR is a nightmare. Because this company has the south Jersey market cornered, wages are low. All the technologists who have left are making at least $10.00 per hour more elsewhere. Think twice before submitting an application.
Awful
If you’d like to feel like you’re in HS again this is the company for you! HR director is full of gossip not knowledge, Galloway office administrator is the absolute worst ever! They spend more time gossiping and trashing staff they are “pro actively” managing! Stay away or go to a different location and avoid the HR “director”. Company has some great assets, but when dealing with such unprofessional behavior it’s hard to overlook!
Horrific place to work
Working there for over five years; in the beginning this experience was fine. Then they overturned their management and it became a horrific place to work. The leads and management, primarily in the Galloway office, will tell you, directly, “if you don’t like it then leave”. They put people in lead positions, who have zero knowledge about any sort of management skill. The pay is so low, it’s actually horrendous. How anyone can live off a pay like this is beyond any expectation. The managers will talk about you infrojt of patients, it’s a very degrading place to work.
Horrible place to work!
Management there is horrible and they hire people to be in a lead role who have no prior experience in a lead role and they are the worst supervisors ever. The last lead of the scheduling department was horrendous! All she did was use her title against the employees, talk all day and never stepped up to the plate when she was supposed to and didn’t care about her employees at all. Was very unfair and absolutely had no clue to what she was doing! Would never recommend Anyone to ever work there- EVER!!!!!
great place to work
AMI is a great place to work. All of the physicians are good. My co workers are awesome. I have thoroughly enjoyed working for AMI. My days are long and my job is demanding but it is all in a days work.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Horrendous Place to Work.
Absolutely horrendous place to work. No wonder why everyone is leaving... and management doesnt see it as their problem. They could not care less! Their motto is DO MORE WITH LESS. Less staff, less pay, but MORE hours and MORE patient load! On top of an already insane patient schedule with no time in between studies to write up AND type in paperwork when needed, you can expect 3 or 4 addons. HR is horrible and rude. The doctors can be extremely belittling in front of patients to workers. Some offices dont have places for techs to sit in the tech area but get yelled at for standing there. Compensation is terrible. You have tenured techs barely making 30$ an hour. This company has anyone that lives in the shore area by the balls and they certainly act like it and know it. Christmas bonus is nice but not nice enough to stay and work there. I was told to not expect a lunch or break on a 12 hour workday. They treat you like absolute dirt.
Pros
Christmas Bonus.
Cons
No breaks, little pay, blatant favoritism, horrendous management
Great place to work if you want to be overworked for very minimal pay. Their new motto do more with less
I have been an employee for more than 10 years and have watched this place take a nose dive they do not care for their employees , their families, or patient's. The technicians get the worse of it they are regularly working without breaks including lunch or dinner they are forced to add on multiple patients on top of already saturated schedules . Patients wait for hours because of this especially in mammo. 1 mammo room , 3 patients scheduled every 15 min. I have never seen a company that has come so far from its original roots it's a disgrace. There is such a discrepancy in pay between technicians they do not take in to consideration years of service provided Their HR person is a unprofessional unrefined and quite frankly a bully. The upper management either has no clue of how poorly their employees are treated or they just don't care. 5 plus years techs are leaving in waves as well as Radiologists who helped define the company. Management as well as certain Radiologist refer to patients as customers. You are always looking over your shoulder as there is NO job security. As a tech your expected and responsible to do medical billing and coding . Excessive paper work. Do yourself a favor and just keep looking I am!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Salary, benefits, management
Nice place to work
outpatient imaging center. Busy, full daily schedules. Short staffed after 4pm. Needed more help after 4pm. Management not supportive of staff. Condescending Physicians
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Atlantic Medical Imaging?
Patient care is a top priority.
The most enjoyable part of this job is coming alongside women as they take care of their breast health. Our Radiologists are complimentary and encouraging. There is always an opportunity to learn.
Pros
Rewarding job.
Factory-like health care. Poor management. Non academic healthcare setting. They do not encourage continuing education. Minimally educated staff.
Minimally educated staff and CE is not encouraged. Poor management at each site. They won't tell you but, you will be expected to travel at a moments notice to another site to work for the day or even just a few hours without compensation. They expect you to do things you are not trained to do or experienced in doing. Tech heavy company is not welcoming to other health professionals, giving the company a more technical, rather than professional feel to it. Not a patient focused company. Good starter job in the field.
Pros
Christmas bonus, good benefits
Cons
below average pay. travel between sites. Poor management
Out patient
Several locations for convenience. Staff is friendly and easy to work with. Poor salary, not up to industry standards especially for the work load and procedures the company expects from technologist.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Salary
Patient first
The patient truly comes first at AMI.
While management does its best to balance scheduling with reasonable expectations, it has an extremely complex management structure which makes it difficult to determine who you report to at any moment. Especially if you work at more than one location.

AMI has about one dozen offices scattered through Southeastern NJ.

The hardest part of the job is that EVERYTHING involved with the company is computer-based. So, the workflow gets slowed or stopped if there are IT issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the wonderful people on the team and the patients we serve.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
computer issues, full schedules with add-ons.
not very well organized
The company as a whole is all over the place. I do not feel like they take their workers life style into concern They are not willing to help anyone out if they need changes in their schedule.
not the best work place
Low pay, horrible management. No communication at all, they don't care about you, and was told by Manager if I didn't like something I could leave. Very busy and stressful.
Lack of education opportunity.
company has become large corporation during my tenure. Profit is has become the the company motto , over patient and employee needs..Patient factory culture.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
Factory mentality.
Nice place
I worked for Atlantic Medical Imaging in the Somerspoint, NJ location. The office along with some of the staff were nice.The best part of that job was working with the patients.
The company is growing so changes are being made.
This company has great benefits and is growing with good management. Which also means that there is restructure in the positions that they have. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Awesome benefits, good work life balance
Cons
restructuring changes makes your job uncertain
Great Experience
Working for Atlantic Medial Imaging was a great experience, the only issue I had was the pay rate otherwise they have great benefits for their employees and bonuses.
Good first healthcare job experience
Atlantic Medical Imaging was a great first step in starting my healthcare career. I learned multiple electronic medical records systems. I was also educated on many different Radiology procedures. I would Atlantic Medical Imaging is a fair employer and a great place for anyone new to Healthcare.
Great Place to Work
A Great place to work, Teamwork and postive attitudes makes this place great to work.
Management is always there for you, and has an open door anytime.

The hardest part of the job is staying on schedule at times.

I enjoy our patients here, they come here in need and we all try to satisfy every patients needs.
Horrible.
Lazy, incompetent staff. Company cares more about maximizing patient volume than getting the exams and reports correct. Isn't that the whole reason patients come to us?
benefits
Cons
Where do I begin? Incompetent employees, high turnover, basically no management, very poorly run. Don't count on the company backing you up if there are any patient issues.