ATLANTIC PRECISION PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

good
Mold Maker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Shelby Charter Township, MINovember 8, 2018
Supervisors and coworkers were friendly. I would go into work every day and tare apart molds, clean them up fix small issues and put them back together.
Productive, and friendly
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MINovember 6, 2018
Overall a great place to work, great people and good atmosphere. Professional, and clean working environment. Well maintained, and reasonable place of employment. People there are great.
productive good enviorment
Hilo Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Shelby Charter Township, MIAugust 26, 2018
ive been here for two years and I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I believe that this is not a career job. I needed to move on in oreder to improve my life.
Pros
very laid back
Cons
very few raises and no carrer advancement
Management Is a Joke
3 rd Shift Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Management has zero idea how to put the most qualified and talented people in the right positions. The kind of place where everybody is running around trying to get each other fired.
Pros
None really
Cons
Managenment
not a great company to work for
Quality Control Inspector/ Vision center (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 1, 2018
HR is rude, people don't work there very long, a lot of drama between shifts, managers favor people, not a very good place to work. Management don't care they are only there for a pay check.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 22, 2017
It was a very slow paced machine operator job. Basically picking up seat belt covers 1 by 1 and putting them into a box, your normal production shop i guess. but it definitely was not for me
Really friendly environment to work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 27, 2017
My time at APP was very enjoyable. Work was easy and, even at its hardest, I was assisted by the relief operators and even management. The supervisors on shift were probably the best supervisors I've ever worked for and were both very helpful and friendly. Co-workers were nice and easy to get along with. All in all, APP was a well-run business that would have been easy to stay at.
Pros
Two breaks, easy work, time to relax (depending on your machine that day)
Cons
Different machine almost every day
Stressful
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MINovember 15, 2017
Lack of communication with management, Lack of raises do to point management. Over worked and under payed. No problem solving when there are problems.
Pros
Cons
No weekends to yourself
Great place to work for students of just out of high school
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIOctober 25, 2017
Overall a great place to work, benefits, pay increase not so great they could do better. A typical day is pretty much laid back.. it's a plastics company so not very hard work.
Good company
quality inspection, machine operator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIAugust 21, 2017
Very good staff and HR, very clean environment, upon being hired in you receive a $15,000 life insurance policy, good benefits once hired in, flexibility in shifts, 2nd and 3rd shift premiuim.
Owners don't care
Operator (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIJune 3, 2017
Nice place to work but the owners really don't care to much for there employees. The supervisors are cool except for a select few. Quality of products could be better if tools were fix by the company that owns them.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Only 2 breaka
QC Inspector
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIMarch 14, 2017
My responsibility is to check parts in quality and control sector, in my company. Also I make sure my team members are doing well in their work and if they have problems regarding a part I give them proper education and If I am not able to answer their questions I make sure I ask the proper authority and get the problem solved as soon as possible.
Pros
They listen to the employees and solve the issues they have.
Cons
They neglect a lot of stuff which they shouldn't do.
One, if not the worst place you can work.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIFebruary 2, 2017
Terrible pay, Operators start at Minimum wage, every position besides the office workers get terrible pay, $0.15 to $0.25 raises for a year raise, you get 1 raise then they will make any excuse to not give you a raise, you WILL be terminated if you go against any of the office workers or say anything to them. Just a overall terrible place to work. Co-workers and Supervisors are very nice and polite though, and the work is very simple and easy for all ages.
Pros
Great place to get experience
Cons
Everything besides getting experience
Good Place
Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIMay 2, 2016
Great work environment and friendly co workers learned alot about the plastic injection molding field and how important the parts are to other automotive companies
machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIJanuary 29, 2016
there is nothing like doing your job and other people being able to count on you to get the job done. inspection and packaging is not as simple as one would think
fast paced, high energy environment
Mold Setter (Current Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIAugust 4, 2015
go into work and get my build schedule with my daily mold changes on it, gather tools and materials needed to complete the mold change and start the task. once finished with daily mold changes i would assist material handlers and make sure equipment within the shop is maintained and working properly while also assisting press operators with anything. keep my work space clean throughout the day.
Manufacture Autoparts
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Livonia,MIJuly 28, 2015
it was a great place to work and people were very nice and coperative and loving and caring !!!! i gained alot of experience to stand and talk infront of people in the professtional life
Low pay & poor management
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIOctober 15, 2014
Management does not take accountability for any of their failures. They barely pay minimum wage and protect the employees who tell on their co-workers for imagined shortcomings.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Pay