Atlantic Shores Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Great place with a family feel
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 1, 2019
Great place, with great employees
The staff are dedicated and go out of their way to ensure their residents are treated wonderfully no matter the time or place. All needs are catered to and the friendships developed with our residents is priceless
Pros
Staff and residents are great
Cons
Hard to lose close friends that you develop
friendly fun enviroment to work in
Dietary Aide/ Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 10, 2018
Great place to work with a lot of team work. Management is very friendly and always there to help when you need instructing. The residents are very friendly and really appreciate everything that we do for them there, If i hadn't moved to AZ i would definitely still be at Atlantic shores.
Pros
Friendly, Great residents, fast paced, garenteed hours
ok i guess
PORTER (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VASeptember 14, 2018
i did a lot of cleaning and setting up events. The management give us party for or hard work as well raises. The hardest part was sometime i had to be in more than one place at a time. when i would see the smile on peoples face when there event was set up on time and done right that was the beast part of my day.
It was ok
Busser (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 23, 2018
Laid back type of work hard working it’s fun working with the residents they keep you going they know when something itsnt right with you they provide you with proper uniform
bad place
Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2018
unprofessional work environment. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there. Managers and HR are not good at all. They don't appreciate their employees
Productive Workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 19, 2017
Some of the things I enjoy about working at Atlantic Shore is gaining my culinary skills, and getting the opportunity to interact with residents during Sunday Brunch. The only thing I don't like about working at Atlantic Shores is the balance between work and social life.
Pros
Gain new work skills every week.
Cons
No balance in work times.
2017 florida.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
I had worked for this company about a month as a CNA . On anything poor communication skills!!! , & unprofessional. Also the pay was very cheap This was my first nursing facility. If there were more people you could understand there. Instead of setting you up for failure. Maybe there company in the future could be great.! But as if now no room to grow. And I dont like how I was treated. Im sure others have. Been treated the same way.. . If it wasnt for the elderly being there being so kind and caring I wouldnt have lasted as long as a did.
Pros
The lady who trains is awesome!
Cons
Cheap pay, lack of comnunication
Unrealistic expectations
Certified Nursing Assistant (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2017
Overall working with Atlantic shores has been very motivating. A lot of the discrepancies are towards the management team. High turn over rates when it comes to administration and Directors of nursing; even the social services department.
It says a lot about control and the treatment of employees. I recently left this company because of the large amount of terminations in one month. With no exaggerations, we lost over half of our full time staff with no new replacements. Forcing those who remained to work extremely understaffed. Along with that, a large number of major on site injuries occurred, putting many out of work. In return, that had left the rest burned out, over worked, underpaid and unappreciated. They left the company. That environment motivated many who no longer works with Atlantic shores to return to school to pursue degrees that will allow them to change facility tyrannical policies, promote high work place morale and even out the odds when it comes to the value of their employees.
I believe that this facility would have been a complete four stars if they would work on management.
Pros
employment.
Cons
no adequate parking for staff. No staff period.
Seaside Unit
CNA Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2016
Most days were easy going with high energy, everyone was always willing to go right to work and work as a team to achieve high quality of care. As problems did arise we handle them as a team working together. generally we were fast paced and each one of the staff members played a vital role in our team. we could always depend on our management team to step in and help when needed, even coming down to the floor and assisting with task that they were able to perform and then working with the whole staff trying to find a solution to a problem.
Not the best place
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 21, 2014
5 kitchens, you get placed in one and are stuck there... no room to move up
Pros
30 min paid lunch
Cons
Low moral
Very accommodating
Wait staff (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 14, 2014
Overall workload is fairly simple and not to strenuous.
Not many opportunities to advance.
Co-workers are great, get along with most.
Cons
Lack of advancements within company
A great clinic with wonderful people to learn from.
Externship, Virginia Beach (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 24, 2013
Working at the Atlantic Shores Wellness Clinic was an amazing experience. The providers and all of the clinic staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. At the clinic I would triage incoming patients, make initial evaluations of patient wounds, make referrals to other doctors for patients, and schedule appointments. I also maintained and updated patient records with, including but not limited to charting, documentation, and medications.
Pros
Charting and documentation and triaging.
Cons
Distance I had to travel for my externship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Shores Retirement Community. Our community is ready to answer.

Atlantic Shores Retirement Community Reviews by Job Title