ATLANTIC WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

GOD Honoring Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 20, 2018
Manager is very flexible with scheduling. It is a family oriented environment. On call company chaplain 24/7. Fun place to work. You can make more in commission than most competitors.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Mind set
Store Mananger (Former Employee) –  Houston, MOSeptember 20, 2018
This company has given me the mind set to become a great "LEADER" we do not manage here we LEAD. They treat employees fairly and will work with employees to help encourage. Mold, and build confidence in the job. Not like other providers that cut you if you dont hit goal or treat you as a "number" They actually care! Our owner has created such a great culture here and knows all employees by name! Good luck getting that at a corperate business. The training is simple and, easy to complete. They give you everything you need to be successful. I would recommend this job to anybody looking to take the next step in their sales career.
Pros
Employee care fund, chaplin on call, pto
a positive place
Rwc (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 20, 2018
This company does care. Late in 2017 I had a emergency situation arise. Atlantic wireless helped pay for my situation. I did not have to pay them back. You 100% get back what you put into the company. I have had no issue and feel comfortable talking with my cain of command about anything.
Pros
Great direct supervisor, and caring higher ups
Productive and fun place to work. Positive constructive criticism. You are challenged to better yourself and reach beyond your goal.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kirksville MissouriSeptember 20, 2018
Very well balanced and exciting place to work at. Company not only cares about its employees but the company also cares about the world and the people in it. Very positive atmosphere. I hate having days off.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, Great Co workers.
Cons
I can’t think of any for my situation in life
A place for Sales Professionals
ASM (Current Employee) –  MOSeptember 13, 2018
Atlantic Wireless is a very fun place to work. In fact Fun is one of its core values. Management at all levels is focused on development and success of the team.

The wireless industry is very competitive market. It requires associates be willing to be relentless and willing to adapt quickly. Atlantic has an amazing base plus commission pay structure that also includes monthly bonuses based on performance in key categories.

The ownership is very involved communicating with all levels of staff daily.
Pros
Pay structure, Ownership, culture
Cons
retail hours
A Company that actually cares
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 28, 2018
It appears that many of the people who have left reviews for this company are disgruntled employees. Atlantic Wireless has been great to me. I started out at the bottom then got promoted twice in my first year. The company expects a lot out of you, but they are fair and they actually pay you what you are worth. If you produce, you make plenty of money and you get recognition and eventually promoted.

Do yourself a favor and don't read the negative reviews. They are misleading.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Management, Culture
Basically you'll be telemarketing
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 17, 2018
They lure you in with a promise of high income potential. You get paid a base hourly wage plus commison, but you only receive commison on new line activations and if you have a new line activation that brings back their device in the time frame they give for returns you loose the commission. You have to cold call customers and businesses to give them "account reviews" to get them in the store then try to get them to add extra services. Co-workers often go behind each others backs and call customer's you've been dealing with to try and steal the sale.
Pros
Get to play with cool new devices.
Cons
Everything else
Terrible managment
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Erwin, NCOctober 10, 2017
Hostile work environment, no commission, hardly any benefits, bad communication, general manager wants EVERYTHING by the book, or termination, pay deductions
Pros
Hour lunch, flexed schedule
Cons
No commission, hostile work environment, constant threat of loosing job.
Run don't walk from this place
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Erwin, NCOctober 10, 2017
This place lacks training for its associates and managers. Poor communication from the top down not to mention they will deduct your pay for mistakes.
Pros
usually I worked alone
Cons
everything else about this place
Great Company
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 21, 2017
Atlantic Wireless is an amazing company to work for. With paid medical, dental, and vision care, that is a blessing in itself with the prices of insurance.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Sales Quotas

Want to know more about ATLANTIC WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS?

Ask a question
Family environment
Sales Manager/Administration (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 23, 2017
Atlantic Wireless is a great place to work with major growth opportunities. They have been nothing but good to me my time there, and I will forever be be grateful for them.
Poor Communication, Poor Training, Poorly Structured
Store Manager (Multiple Locations) (Former Employee) –  Hampstead, NCDecember 17, 2016
People here are very nice, however, training is very poor, you just read an excel sheet and take tests in the back and ask questions if needed. Only get hands on training if you reach out. Upper management are very flawed with communication. They preach open communication, but the commitment to words given or mis communication is very confusing and somewhat frustrating. This I have heard from peers as well as employees. Expectations in the company were found out 2 months down the road, were not really shown up front. Commission is really made on working less hours, and very gauge reasoning behind the data made into the commission structure. Management has themselves spread thin, which leads to the bad communication and loss of training and help. No accountability, there is only when things are bad and when someone needs to be let go. This company needs a lot of work, too much turnover, seems to have the impression that its easier to let people go instead of trying to figure out how they can keep employees and change things. If you were to be working with this company, I advise to ask very thorough questions within your interview, I learned way too much late about what I feel like I should have learned it up front.
Pros
Work Life, good hours for management, people are very nice
Cons
Interesting Commission Structure, Bad Communication, Bad Structure, Needs Help
Worst display of Christian values.
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCJuly 12, 2016
Management promotes lying to customers to increase sales. Treat employees like replaceable inventory. Some RWC are genuinely good people wanting to help the customers. They don't last long because management rather see increase sales by any means. No job security. I was told that free health insurance was included in benefits but after 4 months that changed
Pros
Meeting new people and building relationships with customers
Cons
Healthcare. No schedule breaks
Revolving Door
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 31, 2016
This company has a history of terrible management and sketchy sales tactics. The owner supposedly models the company based on "Christian" values and principles but i have personally seen more people fired from just one location than any place I have ever worked for. Ive seen management leave and later find out from them personally that they either left due to sketchy business practices or they were given unrealistic sales numbers to produce,which in essence meant their eventual termination. This company (Atlantic Wireless) is an agent location and is ran like a small mom and pop business with very little to no concern for the sales reps that are employed there. The only thing that truly matters are the numbers generated. Its a great place to get a little experience in sales but dont expect to make it a long term career as there were only 3 or 4 people that had at least 5 years of experience within the company when I first started. This is not a company that values professionalism or integrity, when sales reps are constantly pressured to push sales and services on new or existing that most dont even need or can afford in the long run. This company is also under investigation by the EEOC due to a complaint from a prior employee. Long story short,save yourself the time and trouble and apply elsewhere.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Too many to list here.
Talk vs. Walk
Professional Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 21, 2016
The company is not terrible overall, but there are a lot of sketchy things going on here on a regular basis. A lot of hype centers around integrity and respect, but the higher in the company one goes, the less likely one is to be treated with these elements. A facade of generosity is put forward, but at the end of the day the only thing that matters to the leaders is numbers, and even if you obviously ignore the principles you can stick around with good sales figures. Most of the salespeople are good, but the people making most of the decisions are quick to get rid of people they don't like for whatever reason.
Pros
Good salespeople
Cons
Conniving leaders