AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Lack of Trust
Vendor Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJMarch 31, 2018
AtlantiCare is not fair in compensation for its employees. The management team in the past was excellent, however the management team has changed and the new management is not one that I would like to work for.
Hospital
Nurse aide, Med/Surge Telemetry Floor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJMarch 25, 2018
Worked in the Atlantic Care Hospital on Jimmie Leeds road in Galloway, New Jersey. Worked in a number of different positions and responsibilities. It was an okay experience.
Pros
Enjoyed employees and colleagues
Cons
High taxes and Cost of Living in area
Rn pcu
Registered Nurse Neuro PCU (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 23, 2018
Magnet hospital. Huge required nursing involvement. Ongoing education year round. Level 2 Trauma center. Stroke center. Enjoyable staff to work with. 1
I enjoyed working at Atlanticare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 13, 2018
I found most managers to be helpful and worked with me. They provided me with a good work experience, encouraging me to try different departments. I was pool, per diem so I didn't get benefits, but I can't complain about the salary. Left because me husband was sick. It was a little stressful, but that's the nature of the beast, Loved my co-workers.
Pros
they worked with the schedule I could give them.
n/a
Access Center Health Navigator (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJMarch 12, 2018
Provides general clerical and secretarial duties for assigned outpatient department.
Work responsibilities include all aspects related to registration
Secure place to work.
Sr UR and QA Nurse and Staff Nurse in CCU (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401February 8, 2018
Spent 25 years of my life working there, so I liked working there and felt secure. I was treated fairly, paid well and there was room for advancement. I enjoyed my time at ARMC.
Pros
Honest working enviorment. You know where you stand. Good benefits package.
Cons
Often short staffed.
Good organization to work for.
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 5, 2018
Overall Atlanticare is a great originization to work for. I unfortunately transferred to a department with horrible managagement. Atlanticare offers great benefit packages.
Pros
Health benefits, vacation time
Current Facade impression
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJFebruary 2, 2018
I loved my job and appreciated the company for 27 years until my last position. The company cared about their employees and we showed our appreciation by never voting in a union. When I was employed with the company I had a very caring CEO and management for the most part. Every company has that one person in management however that feels they need to be harsh to prove themselves and make their supervisors shake in their shoes. The workers under this particular management gives no clue of the work environment because they know it will go on deaf ears. I used to have high praise for this employer. However, I can't do that now. Everyone has their own experience with an employer. There may be some employees who still think highly of this employer. People need to draw their own conclusion about an employer based on their own experience, not the experience of someone else because everyone has their own opinion of what is acceptable to them from an employer and employee interaction. Communication, however, is lacking in this company at many levels of the employee/management level.

My suggestions to my supervisor in my new position went on deaf ears until brought up in a meeting with the manager by me. Low and behold, my suggestion is being implemented almost 2 years later. I guess the supervisor wanted to keep job security. I was told several times I overstepped my boundaries when all I was trying to do was to improve the process. Don't you find it unfair that you need to give an employer 2 weeks notice of leaving employment and they can tell you that you are fired and have
  more... you escorted from the premises by security immediately? That didn't happen to me, however it just popped in my head how unfair some rules can be.  less
Benefits
Cons
Lack of sufficient staff, poor communication, insufficient training
fun place to work
APG Primary Care NP (Former Employee) –  galloway njJanuary 9, 2018
great place to work , friendly people, I worked very hard there but I am a worker so this did not bother me. Nurse practitioners and doctors work collaboratively
Excellent working enviroment
IT PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 8, 2018
good people and lots of opportunity for advancement. good pay and I was able to move into a IT management position after being an MA for 10 years.

I have a fair amount of responsibility and don't feel over loaded.

Want to know more about AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Productive and fun and exciting place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 5, 2018
It was never a boring day here nurses were nice. People spoke to you, you didn't feel left out just because your background wasn't the same. Food was very good but you have to pay or bring your own. They had employee appreciation every year I believe it last for a week they would prepare food for you buffet style everything was great.
Pros
You were always learning something
Cons
Breaks could be a little longer
Productive and fast-paced office but very enjoyable.
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 18, 2017
The department was well staffed and we had a very large medical staff, in which we had to credential new providers almost every day. I learned almost every aspect of the department, starting from the administrative assistant, to provider enrollment, to the credentialing coordinator. The workplace culture was vast and very well respected. Everyone was a team player and got the job done. Management kept us informed of any upcoming changes that were going to happen within the facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always work to do. It was a very diversified position, so each day was different. I got to meet alot of people with different personalities, which made it very interesting. The hardest part of the job sometimes was the workload was a little difficult at times, with the deadlines, etc.
Pros
well staffed department based on the workload
Cons
low pay
Good for a retirement job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 15, 2017
Where I love the team that I work for and the people that I work with, it's hard to really love my job when entry level employees at Walmart make more than me. If it wasn't for the terrible pay, then it wouldn't be too bad. But I find myself wondering why I still work here when I'm essentially digging myself into a financial grave.
Pros
Great people, Good experience, Great networking capabilities
Cons
Financial compensition
overall
SPD Technician-lead (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJNovember 1, 2017
Was a good work environment but management had changed over many times, and personality conflicts arose. Working with a manager that was overbearing and attila the hun. This has changed and the new manager is excellent with staff and doing her job.
Atlaicare is a fabulous facility to work at.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJOctober 27, 2017
Atlanticare is very supportive of their employees. Career advancement and continuing education along with a great work environment are just a few of the benefits of working at Atlanticare.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 18, 2017
I learned a lot and the company gave me the opportunity to learn and grow for almost 14 years of my stay I wish I don't have to relocate.I highly recommend the company for anyone who is a newly graduate and old.
Pros
free dinners
stressful work place, poor managment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Always busy, things are not made to help employees. Work load kept getting bigger without any type of pay raise . Training was unprofessional things were left very unclear. Stressful work enviroment3. Management was not cheery or welcoming to job
fast paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJSeptember 22, 2017
fast paced environment with little time to think or function. not a minute to use the bathroom let alone finish all your work without working for 12+ hours a day. terrible terrible manager always MIA
Good environment
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 16, 2017
AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center is a good hospital. Everyone is a team player. The nurses are patient advocates. Strong clinical and assessment skills.
Wonderful place to work and grow .
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I work in a very fast paced telemetry unit. Relaxed environment and great and dependable comworker. We do take take care of sick and scared population but we are also very compassionate in taking care of them. The management in very supportive in every ways and making sure we have all the tools we need.