Atlanticare Employee Reviews

Employee Diversity, many locations for practice
APN (Current Employee) –  Atlantic County, NJNovember 12, 2018
Good relations with peer colleagues; a typical day allows a fair amount of independent APN practice in the direct patient care aspect of the position.
The hardest part of the job is that there seem to be multiple barriers in place to move education and best/evidenced based practices forward in patient care.
Workplace culture tends to be "cliquey". Organizational and management culture feels stale, lacking in vision, insight.
Pros
Promote Healthy Living
Cons
Lack retention incentives for employees
Politics
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJNovember 3, 2018
Started out as a good place to work. Then you notice the favoritisms, intimidation, hostile work environment. If you play the political game you’ll be golden. HR protects the company not the employee. For what they expect- you’re underpaid. There is no confidentiality and HIPPA violations all day long. Management across the board is very petty and you dont feel safe talking with anyone. The benefits package is good. If you just want to go towork and do your job and go home you’re penalized for that.
Benefits
Cons
Mgt is run like high school with favoritisms, pay vs work load, no communication, HR ineffective
Innovative environment allowing creativity to be an integral part of the position
My position as Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 19, 2018
My position required design of previously non existent out patient pharmacies whose objectives were to enhance employee access to prescription medications, reduce patient hospital in patient days while reducing readmissions. Since these sites never existed before, my role was to develop programs to enhance patient access to medications while maintaining an economic benefit to our health system by coordinating 340B programs to patient eligibility.
Each day was challenging since this department never existed before I arrived. My management style awarded me a 99% employee satisfaction record among my staff.
Pros
Autonomy in developing a department new to AtlantiCare
Assist to Sr. VP Administrative Services & CHRO (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJNovember 26, 2018
AtlantiCare is a fantastic place to work. It is a safe and healthy work environment with caring leaders and fellow staff. The hardest part of the job is that is is very busy but it makes the days go faster. The proof of what a great place it is to work is in the length of service of so many of its employees.
Pros
Healthy, safe, caring work environment
Bad Management
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 2, 2019
I worked for AtlantiCare for over one year as Valet supervisor. I was wrongfully let go from the job, as i had request 2 days off about 2 months in advance and it was approved. When the day came i proceeded to my plan. when i returned to work they fired me for a 2 No call no shows. I then provided then with a copy of my my approved request off form and to them it didnt matter.
I loved working at AtlantiCare and would still be there if I didn't relocate.
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJNovember 26, 2018
AtlantiCare prides itself on being on the cutting edge. They are always looking for opportunities for growth within the community. Staff are always provided education and opportunities for growth.
Pros
Co-workers and staff are very dedicated.
Cons
Stressful at times, too much work for alloted time frames.
Productive, nurturing company
Hospice/Hospital Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Atlantic County, NJOctober 2, 2018
Atlanticare is company which provides medical services for the tourists and citizens of Atlantic County, NJ. The individuals which work at Atlanticare are professionals who care about their patients, the families and their colleagues. There are many initiatives which encourage staff to live healthy lives. It is a good place to work and learn about yourself, your potential to grow and new paradigms of care. Atlanticare is on the cutting edge of medicine. The hardest part of the job is leaving for the day as there is always more to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere of comradery, support and service.
Pros
flexibility, additional education
Cons
computer programs
Great environment to gain experience
Registered Nurse - Medical-Surgical Trauma Unit (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 29, 2018
Began my nursing career here and gained great experience. Typical workday was busy caring for up to 6 patients with frequent admissions. Management requires all staff participation in unit projects additionally. There is a great culture and mission and throughout my 12 years here, I really loved my coworkers and the teamwork. RN pay here is median, nursing support is very underpaid. Overall I enjoyed my time here, however, 2 years ago the organization was a acquired by a larger for-profit company and the focus of management shifted. Priority has now become customer service scores and Press-Gainey reviews.
OR Nurse
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJOctober 26, 2018
A typical day for me began at 6:00 am and ended around 6:30 pm or later depending on staffing. On call nursing was mandatory on average I would work 1- 24 hour shifts per month of on-call normally over the weekends. I learned to work in a diverse and changing environment due to physical updates and advancement of clinical skills. Mainly I worked with Orthopedics (total joint replacement). Management was supportive and available if there was a need. Hardest part of the job was 12 or more hours to a single working day. In the OR heavy lifting with medical instrument trays, proper patient positioning and assisting with anesthesia. Most enjoyable was working with staff, basically team work in the most essential way. Patient care, and safety were always in the best interests of our team.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Flexiblity
Cons
Heavy lifting with instrument trays
The day went quickly with patient care.The hardest part was we were short staffed
CLIENT SERVICES/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJSeptember 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of job were the nice patients that I met.The location and facility was really nice.I didnt have to drive to far to work.The job was interesting because every day something new turned up in lab requirements and kept you on your toes.I miss the actual testing and computer skills that was require for patient service centers.
Great Manager
Case Manager - Crisis Responder & Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marmora, NJSeptember 19, 2018
Pretty busy, fast paced, great manager, learn to deal with all kind of mental health situations, hard part to deal with someone that doesn't want to live but we were there to help and support them. The most enjoyable part to be able to help so many people and to make the difference in the community.
Pros
Great team Work
Cons
on call on weekends and/or after 7 pm weekdays
Low pay for hard work
MEDICAL OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 11, 2018
Day to day functions were tolerable. All management above supervisor level was unfair and unjust, and was not willing to recognize the accomplishments and successes within the position. Opinion was not valued, all about politics and not the patient
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pay, Management, Organization
Fantastic place to work
A A/ PCA /Opioid Overdose Recovery Peer (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 4, 2018
Atlanticare is a remarkable company to work for. They are invested in your learning and education with tuition reimbursement. They are engaged in your growth and education as well as having a true concern for your family life and well-being. I have grown and learned so much in the past 5 years and I intend on being a part of there company for years to come.
Day depends on your area of work
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 7, 2018
Your day depends heavily on your department work area. Overall, the organization is great, however the differences and not-so-great part begin to show depending your department.
Cons
short breaks, health care, lack of recognition
Great company with a lot of resources.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJuly 17, 2018
AtlantiCare is a wonderful company that I really enjoyed working for. Great culture and great senior management. Unfortunately, I could not continue to work there while I continued my education (logistical issues).
Pros
Great leadership and culture.
Cons
Limited advancement in my former role.
Crisis
Psychiatric RN (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 22, 2018
Atlaticare, as a whole is a great organization. The magnet model is really emphasized. However, management on this unit does not follow that model. There are unsafe nurse to patient ratios and a management team who are concerned about the budget and not their staff. Management will allow a severely understaffed unit to flounder, rather than step in and help. Requests to management are either ignored or denied for "budget reasons" or "staffing issues" that never seem to improve. Information sharing is not adequate and rules seem to change at random whims. Management plays favorites and does not practice fair and ethical treatment of employees. Upper management seems disinterested in the concerns of employees on unit, even after they are repeatedly made aware of problems.
Pros
Autonomy, fellow staff support, benefits
Cons
Poor, uncaring, management team, Safety concerns get lip service, but are never really addressed, Unsafe nurse to patient ratios, Staff favoritism and unethical practices on unit by management, No support from management
Workers CompCoordinator/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJOctober 11, 2018
Atlanticare was a great place to work. The training available was unlimited. The internal jobs were given to employees versus outside candidates. Overall great place to work.
Knowledgeable team of medical professionals.
Emergency Department RN/ Secondary Trauma RN (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 19, 2018
Fast paced and demanding work environment. Which make the work day go by very fast. Knowledgeable team of doctors, nurses, and patient care technicians who work together to provide excellent care to patients.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
lack of staff on busy days, and denied vacation requests.
Great Team
FT Oasis Coordinator/Partly Remote (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 24, 2018
ACHC has a great homecare team with caring individuals who work together to provide the best care for patients in the community. Communication seems to be lacking throughout the departments within homecare, but I think it is being worked on as the agency has gone through many management changes in the last year.
Great Place
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 9, 2018
Great place to work with individuals that need you. Although it may not seem like it is paying off seeing the person well enough to go home in stable condition is an achievement.