Atlantis Casino Resort Spa logo
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100Below average

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Employee Reviews

Runs as a corporation

Over worked, understaffed, underpaid, under appreciated. Loved my department and my direct management. But the higher management got, it is a different story. Did not raise wages until the job market forced them to. I will say that you will have job security here.

Pros

Free lunches, Interaction with fellow team members, discount in the gift shop/convenience store, job security

Cons

Pay, healthcare, hours, staffing, wage raises are to the penny, work every single holiday, serving players is not super pleasant

Cruel work space

Management doesn’t care about your own personal issues and rarely gives you time off when asked for in advanced. I’ve felt over worked and abused here most of my time. However most the tips are well

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Poor management

Great company great atmosphere! Another day in paradise!

Loved the company staff was friendly for the most part. Management was usually directly involved and checked in on employees of all levels. Gave advice pointers ect.

Pros

Benefits, vacation time promotion opportunity job security.

Cons

Work environment can be stressful during events and holidays

They will just work you to death and then throw you out on the street.

-must complete one year of employment before benefits are granted. -corporate level management is hostile and unfriendly. This culture begins at the top of the chain of command and runs all the way down to the bathroom attendants. -was told that I got hired for one wage then after I started working they undercut me and underpaid me as I was promised.

Very laid back environment

This was a typical 9-5 where I was able to go in and just work. Very easy and very rewarding due to the fact that the Management was very laid back on my time.

Pros

Free lunch and good compensation

Cons

Lack of training

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Productive and informational.

Learned what I needed to give great customer service, and was trained very quickly. Each department communicates with each other efficiently. The managers know what to do with every situation and there's always a clear path for advancement.

Pros

Free lunches, healthy work environment

Cons

Insurance

Unsatisfying and Stagnant

The job started off fine, but proceeded downhill through-out the years. Co-workers leaving for better opportunities. Having new people and problems way more frequently. Getting yelled and cussed out happened to me every weekend by guests. Other departments looked down at us and we received little support. Job description did not give a realistic expectation of what would happen on shift. When things get difficult you are not rewarded well for it. You could possible receive a free pizza voucher or buffet for 2 on their raffle system. Machines seemed to be down all the time due to the lack of a dedicated technician for our department. The area of the department is technically never "closed" which made restocking, maintenance of equipment, and cleaning difficult especially on busier days. It felt like we were running a skeleton crew every day hoping the day would be slow. This place taught me to be thick-skinned and for that I'm grateful.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Hostile workplace, Low pay, Chaotic Scheduling, High number of Beligerant and Bothersome Guests/Customers

Soul Sucking and emotionally draining

Best decision I ever made was leaving. Horrible pay and high expectations. It was a nightmare trying to get anything from other departments. The "Benefits" cost me a huge amount of my paycheck and made it not worthwhile in pursuing. Only ever got a raise when I got promoted. Every day it felt like a piece of my soul exited my body from the shear amount of dread I felt going in to work.

Pros

Free Lunch, Sense of comradery with the other poor souls who work here

Cons

Practically no breaks, bad healthcare, management does not care about you

Good place to keep you challenged.

Towards the end it became a game place and due to politics it became tiring. Recently they have hired some back stabber. It became obvious towards the end of my tenure after 21 years. Some of them were like this always, but recently start showing their true face.

Pros

Owner involved.

Cons

There are too many back stabbing.

Decent Jobs if you get tips

While working at the Atlantis casino and resort it seemed to be good at the beginning. As i worked their longer you could tell that it was a dead end with no advancement opportunities.

Pros

free meals and tips

Cons

over worked and required to cover other people shifts

Jobs at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

See more jobs

Wouldn’t recommend. :/

This job has an extremely high turn over rate. Management isn’t the best. Over all employee Morral is extremely low. Wouldn’t recommend working for this company right now due to the lack of personnel and protocol.

Pros

Cool people, exiting

Cons

Terrible leadership. Lack of protocol.

security

great place all around. Beautiful place and wonderful atmosphere. Would definitely m ately recommend for sure, I love being at this resort. Great people and relationships

AV Team is a Joke!!

First week working on The AV “Team” the supervisors talked nothing but trash on the entire team! Training was impossible due to their lack of knowledge. They don’t take any advice to make the department better, just want to keep it sub-par. It’s very fragmented and a disgrace. Their Gain Structure is all wrong, guests keep complaining of “crunchy audio” in the banquet rooms, tried to let them know what they’re doing is overdriving the speakers in the rooms but they didn’t want to hear it. Also the stage where the band plays is gained wrong, players keep complaining about not being able to hear the band in their in-ears. Asked for the manuals and was told “I wasn’t gonna learn how to work the gear or learn anything about it with the manual”, ya that’s if your to dumb to know what your reading you won’t!! It took them months of me asking for them to get me just a couple manuals. Set me up for failure!! The worst supervisors I have ever had! They need to go to a class to learn how to treat people! I didn’t want to put up with the abuse so I quit!! IF YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE IN AV LOOK AT GETTING A JOB ANYWHERE ELSE OTHER THEN HERE, NOT BECAUSE THE ATLANTIS IS A BAD PLACE TO WORK BUT BECAUSE OF THE AV TEAM IS A JOKE!!! ONCE THESE SUPERVISORS GET CAUGHT TREATING PEOPLE LIKE GARBAGE AND GET FIRED/LET GO I COULD SEE THIS TEAM TURNING AROUND AND BEING GREAT!

Pros

Free food, HR is friendly, got paid every two weeks

Cons

AV supervisors are horrible!!

Productive but felt bit looked down on as a woman

This was my first kitchen job and my chef never wanted me to leave pantry. He didnt think i could handle another station and wanted me to stay in pantry dispite what others said. Other wise it was a good beginner

Productive and Fun. Good team members.

During my time I enjoyed every task that I did. I learned new experiences, skills, knowledge and culture. They taught me how to communicate about the needs of the customer and manage and an effective member of a team while executing the skills.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Na

This place is joke

The manager talks about not favoriting staff members but her boss is her mom! Talk about favoritism. Don’t even bother trying to talk to any executives or HR about reporting your manager for disorderly conduct because you’ll be told they can’t do anything about it. The manager talks about not gossiping and spreading rumors but that’s all she does. The pay is not worth it! You can work at a fast food restaurant and get paid more for less work and stress. The management expects so much and they will suck the life out of you for $12 an hour. Not worth the time or the energy! Their Forbes plaque is a joke. They only have it because Forbes doesn’t visit so they automatically get it.

Pros

Providers and front staff are really cool

Support from executive team was lackingThe largest employer/ company on the island outside of the government, stable environment, benefits were good,

The typical day at Atlantis was always busy with making pastries for restaurants, room service, cafeteria, special amenities, ensuring team members finished production work, as the Pastry shop was a 24 hour operation. Scheduling and ensuring that all shifts were covered at all times was a challenge. Resolving employee issues, disputes and approving overtime was just a few. Everyday was different and filled with challenges such as staffing. Atlantis did a good job with training its managers by enrolling them in various management classes. The work culture was more laid back and the hardest part of my job was getting support and help when needed from my superiors. I love people so I enjoyed coming to work to try new recipes and I looked forward to upcoming events such as holidays. Easter and Christmas was my favorite time to display buffets with chocolate and sugar pieces, gingerbread houses, new desserts and decorations of cakes and pastries.

Great place to learn to work around a diverse community as well as learning to work a bit of eveything

Great Place to Learn a bit of every area .As well as working with a diverse cultural background of people . They do give compensated lunch to employees.

Good environment

Love it there good opportunity, people are nice,willin to train you and teach you,show you opportunity learn new jobs and new skills ,always room for mor3

Pros

Opportunity

Inter departmental animosity

Last concern is guest services...each department trends to fight with every other department. Employees tend to be looking at finding a way to push their responsibilities to others rather than assist the guests

Great company. Excellent product.

I have over 16 years experience working in restaurants. I have worked as a server, a banquet server, a banquet steward and a bartender. I enjoy making people happy providing excellent food in a beautiful setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Atlantis Casino Resort Spa with