Atlas Air, Inc. Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work for full time.
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2019
My position was a seasonal one. This is a good company to work for. Constantly traveling to various locations, per diem, hotel accommodations, mostly friendly co-workers. I love it.
Pros
Travel, time-off, great compensation, good management.
Cons
No benefits for seasonal position.
it ok
flight watcher (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 15, 2019
the only complaint i have is i work nights and the people in the day shift think they are better then us. Like they would leave us all the work and not come in on time
Growing Company with potential
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYDecember 13, 2018
I have no been here long enough to give a detailed answer. The company is growing rapidly. The benefits are great but communications between departments can be improved.
Wasted time. Extremely regret flying for them.
747 Pilot (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 28, 2018
Training was 3 months long in Florida with very bare minimum pay. They promised extreme job security. I was called out for a few moths and then for 6+ months I was never given a chance to go to work. I was then disqualified without pay for not having enough hours to fly. I was more than wanting to get hours to fly. Looking for other jobs I’m in deep debt because of them.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
Jet lag, Stuck up co workers, HR is bad, no work, bad pay, no care
great location and fun place to work
TREASURY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 17, 2018
Very nice atmosphere to work in. I learned many skills while working there.

Good communication within the department.

All of the employees were great to work with.
Nice place
Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 4, 2018
Atlas Air is a great place to work if you have a passion for this type of work and do not mind 12 hour shifts, possibly overnight. There are also benefits occasionally besides what is listed.
Pros
Multiple days off
Cons
12 hour shifts
Good start
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2018
Atlas is a great start for your career, unfortunately the pay is extremely low compared to industry average.Work life balance is great and everyone is respectful. There is not much room for advancement though, you need to branch out if you wish to continuing growing in your career.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
compensation is too low
Good salary and work site
N/A (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NY 10577July 24, 2018
The Atlas Air office building at headquarters is a very nice place to work in the suburbs of New York City. The work culture there is geared toward aviation and technology professionals.
Average company
MAINTENANCE PROGRAM ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 4, 2018
Not much leadrship or group cooperation.
As a contractor totaly kept out of the loop.
Turned out to be a "grunt" engineering job. Flight mgmt often asked me to help them due to my experience
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Poor middle mgt
fast paced, intense, fun work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 22, 2018
An amazing company with great people. This company is innovative, but needs a little work. the environment is nice, but the position I was in was new and a bit unorganized.

Want to know more about Atlas Air, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great Place to work
Structures Engineer (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 21, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Atlas as a contract employee. My Co-workers were great to work with. The work place was great. My managers were great to wrokr for.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Area was expensive to live in.
Productive n inspiring job.
A/C Helper (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsJune 5, 2018
Working at atlas air persuade me to seek a career in hvac. I move to Florida I went to Florida career college to become a certified hvac tech. It was a great experience.
It's a short term job, not a career.
Senior Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston TXMay 31, 2018
I have been with the company since the very beginning. I have seen all the changes in real time. Not many of them have been good.
If you want a short term opportunity to see the world, this may be for you; not many people get to see Germany, Kuwait, Crete, Qatar, Australia, Bahrain, Poland.... the list goes on.... these will be everyday destinations for you. But if you are looking for a long term Flight Attendant career, look elsewhere like UA, AA, DL, SWA etc

Management is friendly to your face, but has no interest in your well being. Morale tends to be low.
There is a lot of favoritism, if you are going to be one of the 'in crowd' to get on and advance, then prepare to spend a lot of time brown nosing with management in the office.
On the upside, most of your passengers will be US military, it IS a great feeling to bring them home.
Pros
Flying the 747! Worldwide travel, going to unique places that the other air carriers do not visit.
Cons
Low pay, elderly planes, very long hours, low morale, NO travel benefits, poor management...
play basket ball
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2018
having reliable car having tool knowing what merchandise to go buy from which vendor prepair before work start so you donot make a mass
Pros
frree lunch
Cons
short brake
Fun place to wrok
Senior Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 30, 2018
not much travel
old and outdated technology
people were great to work with
management was engaged
senior level leadership was energetic and had a good vision
Pros
People
Cons
Technology
Could not trust the pilot managers in any way.
Airline Pilot (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
Constantly gone and when you're home, you are so exhausted that you are going to sleep at 10:00 am and waking up at 10:00 pm. Management was extremely toxic!! Would go out for a 3-day trip to Europe and hit Anchorage, AK three weeks later. Your schedule was always changing and you were always tired. We had no union at that time, so if you did not do what they told you to do, you would get fired. As a Captain, I always felt as though every time I went to work, I taped my license on the dashboard. If I screwed up somewhere along the way, it was gone. Otherwise I would take it down and put it back in my wallet for the next flight.

THE PAY WAS JUST GOD-AWFUL!!!!!!!!
Pros
Got to see the world flying the B-747.
Cons
Horrible management!!!
Great job if you are not micro-managed
747 LCF Ground Operations Ramp Agent/Trainer (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 27, 2018
Work load is a trade off .
Busy days, eat when you walk thru the building.
Corporate Manager use to be a Home Depot Manager and does not care about people, just his bonus by seeing how much money he can save from hiring new employees or giving raises.

Tend to hire people with no Aircraft experience and can not do the job or retain they're training but still keep them even when they damage equipment.

Other than that the majority of the other folks are great. Still have some who are clickish, and will stab you in the back in a skinny minute.
I enjoy the variety of flying, equipment and destinations
Line Check Airman (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 10, 2018
While we are hiring on a full scale rate, we are losing pilots due to bad management. We still don’t have an attractive contract in order to retain our recruits.
We fly the troops and their families all over the world, we fly a 767 with only business class seats for celebrities and sports teams.
Pros
121 airline, Gateway, no crash pad.
Cons
17 Days owed to the company
Run
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
Overall poorly managed, ill skill understaffed and be prepared to be away from home for over three weeks and missing everything thats important to you
This

,/m
Cons
everything
No Rhyme or reason to what they do.
Senior Service Desk Technician II (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Senior management ill-equipped to handle stresses of the job, which trickled down to the rest of the employees. Would be better if it were organized.Someday...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Air, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.