Atlas Copco Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
awesome place to work
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 10, 2018
This is the best job I ever had. We had got bought out and the new company laid everyone off if they couldn't relocate. I really wish this company was still around.
Lean or not lean
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 10, 2018
The company needs to find its way with lean. Management talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. CI proposals are overridden with decisions that are counter to lean.
The work portion was challenging and satisfying
Bench Technician / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 3, 2018
The work day was routine, learned to repair a wide variety of tools which was interesting and challenging. Management was lacking leadership. Employees were enjoyable to work with. One of the most frustrating aspects was learning the company computer software.
Pros
Provided soft drinks and snacks
Cons
Lack of communication from upper management
Internship
Systems Administrator / Data Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 26, 2018
While I was an intern at Atlas Copco I was exposed to a variety of things in the work place. I worked with the data center team alongside the networking team as well. There was somewhat a sense of urgency a lot of the time while I was there and that was probably to sub-par upper management. The office was always clean and people were typically quiet. Atlas Copco does a lot of contracts for their workers. It seems to be somewhat difficult to get on full time apart of their team. Overall I say I enjoyed my time there. We would have group outings from time to time and my team actually cared about one another.
Pros
Company Outings, free lunch time to time, not so heavy workload
Cons
Upper management
Constant turnover / Long Hours
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2018
Good Benefits. Long hours. Constant change and turnover. Minimum of 10 hour day are required. I enjoyed working with everyone at this company. Management is not consistent.
Worthwhile
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Loudon, PAJune 23, 2018
The job environment is great and the people are awesome. The supervisors try to get you what you need when you need it. Can be very fast paced with some downtime.
Don't work at the Fort Loudon location
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Fort Loudon, PAJune 17, 2018
This location is nothing but families taking care of eachother. If you aren't related to someone be ready for fake promises. The plant isn't maintained well and it is very dirty.
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 3, 2018
Atlas Copco seeks to be the industry leader in all fields. The company mojo matches. It’s a very enjoyable place to work with many resources and excellent benefits.
Customers were great to work with
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 21, 2018
Learned so much about compressors.
Management was fair and did not jump conclusions before the facts.
The hardest part was learning the compressors if you no background.
Most enjoyable was assisting the customers with answers and staying busy.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Training
Na
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2018
Pay was decreased and targets increased every year for the last 3 years.

Bonuses for achieving targets, had to fight to get paid.

CFO capped sales commissions
Nice international company
Accounts Receivable Team Lead/T&E Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 26, 2018
Everyone is nice to work with and the company is fairly good to their employees. The work is demanding, but a great place to learn and to grow. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun and Interesting
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Voorheesville, NYMarch 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Atlas Copco. It was my first real job and allowed me to experience working in a larger company and having to collaborate with many different people to get a job done. It definitely opened my eyes to project management, something I enjoy and do today.
Production coupled with sport to keep fit
Maintenance Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlas Copco Zambia, ChingolaMarch 14, 2018
Quality multi-skilling of high voltage, low voltage and air-conditioning system repairs and trouble shooting. Enhanced technical training on underground atlas Copco mining machinery. Keeping a small but highly skilled maintenance team. Encouragement of healthy technical competition among workers. Recognising efforts by those who managed to solve complicated breakdowns. Creating good relationship between management and workforce.
Pros
Break inbetween work hours
Cons
Enhanced safety to personnel, equipment and environment
pretty much work time to interface
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 14, 2018
set up and run parts in my primary area which was grinding and of course maintain quality and production when I was occasionally caught up I would work in other areas such as on the mazak variaxis partial setups and operate tool change etc...
pretty good management over all with a good H.R. dept as an integral piece of the structure to help maintain a culture of reasonable fairness that also worked well with health and safety to Reduce workplace Injuries and get input from engineering on on issues such as ergonomics, shielding, and all general safety concerns and a pretty much open door policy from the plant manager down who would occasionally buy lunch.
Pros
good pay, not too many surprises on overtime
Cons
Heavy parts, stinky coolant, cleaning sludge tanks, occasionally people were injured
Professional
Executive and Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2018
This company is family and take very good care of its employees. I had to leave due to my mothers ill health and my brothers passing, otherwise I would still be working with this company.
Pros
Loyal
ELECTRICIAN & RIG BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 10, 2018
I loved working at atlas. You have the occasional a hole coworker and manager. But if you do your job, come in on time and work with your team it's a real fun relaxing place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
12 point system. Strict
I loved working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2018
I started from an entry level position and worked my way up. This company was an absolute joy to work with. The owner was understanding and flexible. He paid his employees well. The only thing that made me sad was that we all had to leave because the automobile market crashed and he sold the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sad to leave
Keep up hard work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 1, 2018
More the 2 and half year work them it was my pleasure
thanks for everything i really miss this place i wish continue for long time unfortunate i am leaving
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAFebruary 24, 2018
Great place to work, the money was great. The people you work with are great. Yes, we worked hard but it was all worth it at the end of the day. You got paid for what your worked for.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company.......but
Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2018
A great company to work for, but not for the faint of heart. Challenges abound, but rewards can be great. Perhaps the biggest downfall can be politics.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Huge Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Copco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight