Play YouTube video button

Atlas Copco Employee Reviews

Featured review
Atlas Copco selected this as a representative review
Great company with endless development tools
Industrial Tool Bench Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 6, 2018
As a workbench technician I would have to repair different type of tools on different levels. It was a great experience because I had the opportunity to learn various levels of troubleshooting and I have more than a dozen options of people to ask help from. I quickly learned that different people were skilled in different areas. Where one technician was very good in working the programming tool another tech was very knowledgeable in identifying different board level problems. Although there was a Team Leader, a Shop Supervisor and a Trainer it made a big difference that everyone was always glad to help out and that is something that helped me develop pretty quickly and start learning new tools without depending on just one person to teach me. I would take initiative and then I would have different people reach out and help me. It was also good to know that on a many occasions lunch was on Atlas.
Pros
Excellent place to develop Electronics and Mechanical skills, pay was great
Cons
Being a Temp-2-Hire left me needing some Benefits
temporary position
Nesco Resources-Temp (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 27, 2018
the job was listed as a Service Dispatcher, but when i started the person i was replacing left and was not allowed to train me. They threw me into a job with very little training and each day i took calls for equipment that was broke down and was supposed to schedule a tech to go out and look at the equipment, but they were already booked. I took calls from very upset customers and i was not able to send out a tech because there were none available. At one point there were 11 jobs pending that had been waiting for 3 days and we had no techs to get them done. Very poor training
Great Benefits, Horrible management
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2018
Hostile work environment. Every year they will increase your goal dramatically and decrease your commission points. The upper management (Regional, Division, etc.) are buddy buddy who will treat you like your expendable trash. The regional are by far the worst. You will only get ahead by giving head.
Pros
Great benefits stable company
Cons
Horrible management, hostile work environment
Poor work life balance
Regional Sales Manager - Motor Vehicle Industry (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIDecember 11, 2018
Fast paced industry that doesn't value employee personal lives. Aggressive sales goals on top of required training make it more difficult for remote employees to manage customers and attend training classes at corporate offices.
Pros
generous expense report policy
Cons
work life balance, remote training resouces
New Division President
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 14, 2018
Atlas Copco is a great company to work for but it's an international company which means your General might not ways know the culture of the United States and that can tend to make things very difficult.

We had a wonderful Division President but he was released from his duties and we were appointed a new President and he came in and brought so much separation and division to our department.
Took for ever for a decision to be made
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 21, 2018
When a problem came up, took for ever for a solution to be accepted. The plant was shut down and moved do to the inadequacy of the upper management. The upper management talked a lot of making changes, but never did. They were chasing work, instead of anticipating what to produce ahead of the curve.
Very good benefits and vacation time. I made some good friends.
Administrative/Tax Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJSeptember 26, 2018
I found that my specific job as Admin and Receptionist not as Challenging as I hoped. I am not one to sit around being idle, especially if I am getting paid for it. When I had a lot of work, I enjoyed my job. Unfortunately there was absolutely no position to advance to. The Company as a whole was a good place to work.
Pros
Many meetings which were interesting and provided excellent catering.
Cons
No room for advancement.
great global company
Central Region Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  midwest regionSeptember 21, 2018
Very stressful at times. Management and to much medling and overreactions. Customers requested many times for me not to have my manager attend meetings. Very borish and demanding. Pushy which wasnt appreciated. Could go on.

My co workers were outstanding, helpful and fun. Only part that was rewarding.
Pros
Overall a great company with great products!
Cons
Horrible management personnel.
Got a few good people to work with
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 17, 2018
this is the most unorangainzed place i have worked in Rock Hill SC They hire through temp service and tell you you will be hired in 90 days thats a lie they will hire people that come in behind you and a point system thats a joke it there to keep you from advanceing good ole boy deal there they need a union
Pros
they give you pizza and doughnuts and no raises
Cons
The hole Rock hill Oraganization
Working here helped me develop good communication skills.
Assisted Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 13, 2018
When I was here working with others was huge. We all had a different roles and at the end of each day we had to come together and compare our numbers to make sure we had enough of each item in stock in the warehouse for productions.
Excellent company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAFebruary 18, 2019
Excellent diverse company with a strategy for long term sustainability. Many opportunities with this organization if desired. Opportunity to relocate within USA or international. Company promotes from within. Solid leadership
Pros
opportunities
Cons
Terrible management. Manager is a "yes" man looking for like minded people.
Pneumatic Tool Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40299December 4, 2018
Worked there for 7 months. No issues, then was let go randomly one day. Would not recommend this place at all. They'll work you to death while they need you and then leave you high and dry.
Awful managment and supervisors
Production (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MINovember 5, 2018
This company in New Hudson has awful management and awful supervisors.. they pick and choose who they want to advance without regard to Ability experience or work ethic this is a terrible place to work
Pros
Cons
Managment supervosors
Productive.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Great workplace. Good job experience. Good and bad days like everywhere but mostly good. Great benefits. Room to grow if you apply yourself. 30 minute lunch for shop and warehouse. Hour lunch for office/salary people.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Facility Relocated.
Interactive and Fastpaced
Brand and Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 19, 2019
A typical day is juggling multiple projects with interaction from team and associates. Corporate environment and ethics make the company desirable to work for.
Overall good, except for some managers
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 25, 2019
likes to promote young people to management. Older people are not as likely to be promoted. Management likes to beat down the people that do a good job and work hard.
Gas and Process Division
Business Development Manager, Latin America (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2018
The Gas and Process Division is one of the best divisions in Atlas Copco. It has great people, company culture, and products.

It's a place where you can learn something new everyday.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cons
Aftermarket Dept. needs improvement
Internship
Systems Administrator / Data Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 26, 2018
While I was an intern at Atlas Copco I was exposed to a variety of things in the work place. I worked with the data center team alongside the networking team as well. There was somewhat a sense of urgency a lot of the time while I was there and that was probably to sub-par upper management. The office was always clean and people were typically quiet. Atlas Copco does a lot of contracts for their workers. It seems to be somewhat difficult to get on full time apart of their team. Overall I say I enjoyed my time there. We would have group outings from time to time and my team actually cared about one another.
Pros
Company Outings, free lunch time to time, not so heavy workload
Cons
Upper management
The work portion was challenging and satisfying
Bench Technician / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 3, 2018
The work day was routine, learned to repair a wide variety of tools which was interesting and challenging. Management was lacking leadership. Employees were enjoyable to work with. One of the most frustrating aspects was learning the company computer software.
Pros
Provided soft drinks and snacks
Cons
Lack of communication from upper management
This companies accepts and adapts to change frequently
Process Development Specialist/Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 13, 2018
This company changed directions and plans frequently. These changes are sometimes necessary for companies to continue earning money for the shareholders.
Great Company
Eastern Regional Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJNovember 7, 2018
This is a great company to work at if you live near a location. I had to leave because the company shut down the local branch I worked at. They treat the employees well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Copco. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Atlas Copco.

Powered by Comparably