Atlas Copco

3.9Pay & Benefits

Found 140 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,293 reviews

Atlas Copco insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Fast paced great environment with a solid team but lacking in the upper management division

The work is fulfilling but the demands and expectations are sometimes futile that is the pressure that comes from the factory and their production values. Management gets disorganized the higher you go up as well but everyone involved means well and it’s a great place to learn and move up in the tech industry.

Pros

Flexible hours, benefits, decent pay

Cons

No scheduled breaks, Poor management, lack of valuable info/tools to complete your job

Terrible management

If you like to be overworked and underpaid in a higher than normal stress level for 10hr work days and work 6 days a week this place is for you! The management team here is the worst I've ever seen. The 2 managers are like dealing with High school children every day. One is a hot head that blows up at everyone at any time for any reason and the other does not have a clue about what's going on. Neither one should be managers that deal with employees. You are set up for failure from the beginning. Your job is to quote, PM, and diagnose tools so you can order parts for repair if needed. You seldom have the proper parts to make a proper diagnosis. All the test parts that are available are old if you can even find them. There are limited test stands so you are always waiting on one to become available. The tools that atlas copco produces are way overpriced and for the most part junk. The pay is sub-par for the job you do. The only good thing about this job was the benefits package and the employees that work here. The rest of it is terrible. There is a better way. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this place.

Benefits

Cons

Awful management, High stress level due to poor management, Long hours, Mandatory overtime, Mandatory weekends, Pay doesn't fit the job description

Life at Atlas Copco

As a Field Service Technician you are required to go to company sites and perform work. In the region I'm in that requires a lot of travel. A normal week has you leaving your home on Monday and returning on Friday. This is with a company vehicle, credit card, food allowances, paid hotel stays, and fuel card. You can literally forget your money at home and not need it while on the road. My region is working on getting us more home time but for now we travel most every week. My day starts when I leave for work and the clock stops when I get home or to my hotel. My position is salaried plus OT, so I really don't have sick days but I'm paid if I'm sick and have to stay home. Training is paid at your normal salary, as well as the travel to get there and back. You have to be able to work independently as you are alone on most jobs. Atlas has been a great company to work for thus far and management really does care and values your oppinions. This is by far the best place I have worked and can't see myself going anywhere anytime soon.

Pros

Paid TO, Salary+OT, Management, Coworkers

Cons

Time away from home

Big company with mom and pop feel

I have never worked for a better company. I left to start a new career in sales to make more money for my family. I miss Atlas Copco every day. I hope to return in a sales role one day.

Pros

Excellent benefits, family feel

Can be draining

A lot of training with no real direction of diagnosis besides switching out parts on the tools to see if it fixes it. Good time off but long 10 hr days. Always asked to work Saturdays 4 to 6 hours. 5:00 start time is to early. 7:00 start time optional. Hired in new shop or Tech manager and is changing policies with warnings and then no telling what is after that. Was a good place to work a few years back. Team leads don't back you up with managers. Keep to yourself and head down. Don't trust no body. Starts new hires out more than techs being there longer and more experienced.

Pros

Paid time off and insurance. Good 401K

Cons

Constant change of policies with sick time and other.

Good solid company

Have worked for this company for over 10 years, company is stable and solid. Opportunities for advancement depends on the department you are in. Fair compensation and great benefits.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Advancement opportunites may be limited depending on the department.

2 weeks vacation to start.

you would start your day picking up after other shifts /always a mess then you would load the lines with everything they needed always short on spools would have to go through dunnage to find the right ones so the lines dont shut down if you cant find any you would have to go to building 2 to make them a real pain .management was bad turnover rate for employees was very high .starting pay was ok but raises were low .50 cents in 2 years.the hardest part of the job was sorting dunnage looking for the right spolls .the best part of my job was my coworkers they were great .most of my coworkers were looking to leave this company very unhappy.for all the hardwork my coworkers did they should reward them with better raises more people would stay.i would not recommend working here.

Pros

free pizza/paid personal days/

Cons

management very unorganized.

Good benefits flexible working environment!

Good company with growth potential. Flexible working hours which is nice when you have personal matters to tend to. Management cares about its employees and treats them with repect.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Health Insurance

Important industry - rewarding to help so many people

The compressed air industry is important for every manufacturer in the world. Helping these manufacturers save money, operate more efficiently, and ultimately helping the planet is very rewarding.As the industry leader, Atlas Copco offers many advantages to the customers, as well as to me as an employee. The work is challenging, but the compensation is very good and the flexibility is very helpful.

Pros

Great 401K. Flexibility of hours. Very positive work environment.

Cons

Big company. Takes a while to understand the company.

I enjoyed working here. Great work life balance. Excellent pay and benefits. Easy product to sell. Travel was extensive but all expenses were paid for.

Good place to work if you are single

I liked the people and customers but not much of a personal life working at Atlas Copco Rental. The micro managing was a little overwhelming, as you.have to account for every minute of the day. We were also required to do weekly expense reports.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Poor work life balance

Its a job

There are some good people to work with,and the job is fairly simple. They promise raises and you dont get them, they never tell you what good job you did that month on the goals. Only criticize you when you dont do something right. They only care about the people in the offices.

Not so great

They are letting people go left and right. Management only cares about front office personnel. Absolutely no cross training one job and that's all. They go off a scale of the more you know the more you make with a hang in there we will get you trained up. Its a easy job but very boring. Pay is not that great with no raise this year.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Low pay

Productive and fun

Atlas was a great company to work for they find u jobs great people who is caring help you find the job you want great pay always willing to help u get hired like i said always looking out for there employees.

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Great benefits

Pays well with good benefits, for a reason

Atlas Copco is overall a good organization I believe. The pay and benefits are pretty good because this is a hard job. It is very physically demanding and the customers can ofthen times be difficult to deal with. There isn't a lot of training or support in regards to the many administrative and policy requirements for this job. The technician is left to learn by trial and error regularly. Only when someone complains about what you're doing or it how you do it do you sometimes figure out what NOT to do.The good - The company pays me from when I leave my house in the morning until I return to my driveway in the evening. They pay 1.5x overtime for anything over 8 hours per day and 2x overtime for anything over 12 hours per day. There are also many other small perks that help to try and make this demanding job a little easier.

Pros

Comp'ed meal after 10hrs, Small commission for sales leads, Per diem when traveling overnight and for on call days

Cons

Large amount of work is outdoors in all types of weather and conditions, Some customers do the very minimum to keep their equipment running, that causes extra work for the tech

Fast Paced

I enjoyed my job but the manager was bipolar, they would tell you to so something one day but then something different the next day. Coworkers form clicks and the manager acts oblivious to it.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, moral boost

Cons

Managers

Not hard work

Easy work if that's your style. I personally like a challenge which is why I'm leaving. Not much room to grow and raises are not that great and they are yearly raises.

Pros

Healthcare offered is very good

Good benefits and wages

They do offer good benefits and wage, It was not a stressful job. I enjoyed working on variety of equipments. people who works there were friendly and helpful.

Not bad if your naive to the fact you are a number and have no life

This job is a joke. They take take take but never give. When they are behind which is all the time, it’s a free for all but the minute they are caught up they take away all overtime. It is a unlivable wage, and the company makes so much money. They spend no money on upgrade when it comes to the floor. They pick under qualified people for jobs because they are so cheap. Make rules up as they go, and the office people are cowards. They don’t answer or face anything they take all the credit but none of the responsibility. They will gladly ask you to do more but not pay you. This place literally takes your work ethic and soul.

Pros

Benefits time off

Cons

Sorry excuse for leadership, do stuff borderline illegal

Do get good raises

Bad management.no hazard pay.The yearly raise may only be 30 cent . they have a point system.ots a fortune 500 hundred company but really under pay employee.

Good employer; flexible hours

This was a good place to work, one of the best features was their flexible work week, where you could clock in and out whenever worked for you, as long as you were there enough hours and were getting your work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Copco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Atlas Copco.
Powered byComparably