Atlas Lift Tech Employee Reviews

Great place to work and learn
Lift coach (Current Employee) –  Marysville, CAJanuary 7, 2019
The company is great and caring of the employees. Atlas lift tech has great people at headquarters and personable h.r. atlas keeps employees informed. We work all over the U.S and still expanding!
Pros
Do their best to provide hours
Cons
Contract based
Great step up program
Lift Coach (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 7, 2018
Atlas Lift Tech is a great company to work for and has so many opportunities for advancement. They strive to fill higher positions from inside their current workforce.
Pros
Great incentives.
Atlas
Lift Coach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
Good place to start a career in the medical field. Staff and management are always there for you and are always helpful when you have questions. Pay was better than most jobs ive had.
Fast pace, growing industry
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 1, 2017
Atlas Lift Tech is at the forefront of Safe Patient Handing accordance with state law. It's methods of implementation in facilities helps change the culture through education and training at the bedside with the assistance of Lift Coach specialists. My experience has given me the exposure of what it's like to manage a high caliber program working while coordinating with multiple individuals at the facility.

The challenges in my current position is establishing relationships with key players in order to make SPH changes while directing a team. But it does have it's rewards such as success in reducing work related injuries through our education, facilitating hospital program accomplishments with assistance from Atlas.
Pros
Supportive administrative team with open communication.
Cons
Staffing facilities due to lack of exposure being a new company.
Very good job with plenty opportunities to learn
Lift Coach (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CANovember 16, 2017
Atlas Lift Tech is a strong company that has saved plenty of hospitals millions of dollars overall. The idea of what they do is brilliant and may save plenty of healthcare workers their backs for the rest of their lives. It can be a fast paced or slow paced job depending on the day. I believe given some time to truly establish themselves they will be a strong company.
Pros
Discounted lunches, working with pretty nurses, health care with less risk
Cons
occassionally long down time and slow weeks
Fun friendly relaxed workplace
Lift Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 8, 2017
I loved working for atlas it was a great experience I learned a lot due to the fact that I had access to all departments in the hospital. My co workers were great and the whole PT/OT department were AWAOME!
Pros
Exciting and the pay
Cons
Downtime
Great Company
Lift Coach (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYOctober 29, 2017
I loved working there. Positive and enjoyable people. I enjoyed the exposure I received over there as an employee and the many things I learned alongside my supervisors and co-workers.
Official response from Atlas Lift Tech
October 30, 2017

Thank you for the kind words! We definitely pride ourselves on our employees, and we are also very proud of our New York team. It is always important that we hire individuals who are the right fit for Atlas culture. Based on your feedback, it seems selected the right people out there!

Amazing company
EMT Lift Tech (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 10, 2017
Life Changing. This company allows you to change the health culture. We are helping one nurse at a time by saving their career. Nurses have been retiring early due to back injuries and we are here to help them prevent that for longevity. We incorporate machines that do all the heavy lifting. If you are comfortable with controlling the environment and engaging the people around you by coaching them to protect themselves your will make great strides within this company.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Everything!
Cons
depending on what location you are at ADP the service you use to clock in is horrible
Official response from Atlas Lift Tech
October 30, 2017

It's always great to hear from our employees. Thank you for giving a great summary about your role and sharing how much you enjoy being part of Atlas! Keep up the great work!

Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
Upper management is very responsive and understanding. Atlas takes pride in having a work family atmosphere. You learn the ins and out of how a hospital operates as well as working independently and as a team.
somewhat boring - no skills
Coach (Current Employee) –  Mineola, NYJune 22, 2017
Working with the hospital staff is great and the other coaches are good too.
limited skills are used for this job so it can get boring on the night shift.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
job security is based on contract renewal
loved it at first, but....
Lift Coach (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2017
I use to love it because of all that I got exposed to in the hospital, then my manager started to become less involved and a lot of responsibility got pushed on me.
Pros
on call, flexible schedule
Cons
management, working every weekend
Great facility / horrible company
Senior Lift Coach (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 18, 2016
Atlas is a company that treats its employees like a number. They throw you into the hospital without much support and a lot of expectation. If not for a great staff with good work ethic, the company's place at Stanford would have been short lived.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
no company support
Good hospital environment experience
Lift Coach (Current Employee) –  San franciscoAugust 19, 2015
Good way for EMTs to become familiar with the hospital environment. Learn a lot about proper body mechanics and patient and staff safety while mobilizing. Not much actual EMT related work.
Pros
Parking pass provided for UCSF campus
Cons
Over 20+ units to respond to at UCSF
UP and Coming niche for Hospitals nation wide.
Head Lift Coach (Manager) Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 6, 2014
Typical day includes routine Email and Staff responses
Communicate with customer on needs
Mitigate Staffing issues
Collaboration amongst Management
Time=never enough of it to complete all necessary tasks requested in a large hospital
People= Getting to know them and work with and alongside
Pros
Enthusiastic Talent
Cons
Slight disconnect from C suite to the trenches
High Stress
Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 15, 2014
Working at a hospital and having no support from you headquarters made for the worst work experience I have had.
Challenging work with excellent learning experience
Head Coach/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 15, 2014
Working for Atlas was a rewarding experience I wish I was still involved in. Management at the higher levels was out of touch with what was happening in the field and made some choices that had a negative effect on work inside the facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Lift Tech. Our community is ready to answer.