Work wellbeing score is 76 out of 100

Atlas Lift Tech Employee Reviews

United States51 reviews

hospitalcoachliftstaffcompanyworkinggreatgood

Simple stress free job

I have been working at Atlas for 3 months now. If your goal is to become a medical professional, this is the job experience for you. You get to work in the hospital with just a CPR/BLS certification. Every day is a different day and you will learn something new. The only stress I've experienced with this job is when I get back-to-back calls from nurses needing assistance. Besides that, it is a very relaxed job. Full-time is 32 hours. Part-time is a minimum of 8 hours. Depending on your staffing, there may or may not be overtime.

Definitely over work you here

Poor management that’s for sure . They try to accommodate your schedule and they really don’t just to what’s convenient for them sad to say but the 100 percent truth

Male dominated; will be interviewed by all males

Four men will interview you; someone on the phone is cutting off because they lack in their schedule; only apply if you are male. Continue your education; do not settle for less.

Horrible regional director.

What is the best part of working at the company?Team and hospital personnel. Not the RD or any leadership higher up.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The RD “pinging” the PM’s tablet to question where everyone’s at.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Training was fun at the office in Cali. As long as leadership goes it was fun being with my team.What is a typical day like for you at the company?My center opened at 4am, but the RD wanted my hours 7am to 7pm….. umm no…

Thriving and Learning in a Dynamic, Collaborative Environment

At Atlas Lift Tech, no two days are the same - it's a constant learning curve. Management's supportive, guiding us to develop our skills. It's a tight-knit community here, we tackle tough tasks together. What I love most? The thrill of problem-solving with a great team!"

Pros

Excellent benefits

Atlas Lift Tech insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great place to get your foot in the door

Great place to start your healthcare career, no certifications needed aside from the CPR stuff. I like how I can work by myself, but sometimes it gets overwhelming with the call volume.

Pros

No certifications, helping care staff and patients, career advancement opportunities

Cons

hectic at times, full time isn't 40 hours

Poor Management

The managers here talk behind their employees' backs and often blame you for their own mistakes. Do not trust HR to help you either, HR will side with the managers. DO NOT WORK HERE!

Sounds good but is a gimmick

No overtime hours. I don’t know why they advertise full time when full time is only considered 32 hours. $18 is not enough to deal with management or hostile-toxic working environment! It’s ridiculous the amount of trainings that you have to do and a lot of times you are left alone to teach CNA’s and RN’s on how to use equipment fresh out of training yourself. There’s no compensation or care with this company. You’re just a body there to work and get management “numbers” up for the month. Half the time employees run jobs and don’t even do them, especially MT 3’s and 4’s that have been there. Certain people get away with stuff while others work harder. Not a good place to work if you’re looking for full time/overtime and definitely not a good working environment. Staff and management just talks behind your back and smile in your face. You get a trip out to Cali but once you get to your placement they tell you to forget everything you learned and have to learn everything from scratch which is confusing, frustrating and ridiculous as well. Ethically everything about this company is questionable.

Pros

Helping and caring for patients and trip to Cali for initial training

Cons

32 hours is not full time and no overtime, over worked

Management is awful and you work alone with no flexibility

Management talks badly behind employees backs, give interviews for management to people who steal time, are not flexible at all on the schedule due to contract hours having to be met, and you almost always work alone with no help.

Pros

Helping patients

March 13, 2023
Thank you for your honest feedback. The Mobility Technician role is an autonomous role; we hire and train team members with the expectation that they can perform the job without being micromanaged. The managers are expected to be onsite and provide support, however, there are some shifts (e.g night shifts) that this can be a challenge to do consistently. With that said, our people should never feel that they are not supported, and we will communicate with Operations to understand your reference.You are correct that the schedule is a bit inflexible due to the need to meet the contracted hours. As a service provider to our clients, this is an expectation from our clients and thus an expectation of our employees.Stealing time is against our policy, and we would be interested in understanding what you mean by management giving interviews to people who steal time. Please reach out to HR @atlaslifttech.com so that we can better understand your statement and we can look into it.

Very tiring and stressful especially in a huge hospital.

Great for experience but after 6 months, you will definitely hate it. High demanding and being a contractor you will always take the blame. Wish there was some understanding but there wasn’t any excuses for our team. Wish some of us receive the recent check but wasn’t included.

Pros

Build characters and confidence especially if you’re looking into healthcare career

Cons

Most nurses are rude. Expects you to be their CNA instead of coaching. Lots of linen changing.

March 13, 2023
Thank you for your feedback. We are indeed contracted with some very large hospitals in the US, and the Mobility Tech role can definitely be a highly demanding role. We are sorry to hear that some members were rude in the workplace. We would love it if all humans were kind, but unfortunately, that isn't always the case. As for a recent check, we are not tracking the reference. Please reach out to HR@atlaslifttech.com and we can look into it if we understand the context.

Do not work here

This company does not take care of its employees. The managers treat their employees poorly, they may seem nice at first, but are very unprofessional and act very childish if they do not get their way. Not to mention that they FALSELY ADVERTISE their positions. Your job title is lift coach or mobility tech, NOT patient care assistant or emergency medical technician. All you do is break your back for $15 an hour. It is not worth it! FIND A BETTER JOB AND SAVE YOURSELF!

March 14, 2023
Thank you for your honest feedback. Regarding the culture of Atlas not taking care of our people, we go to great lengths to take care of our people, including providing paid travel, paid training, covering 75% of the benefit premiums, providing ample promotional opportunities, multiple wage increase opportunities within the first few months, and more. If the comment is more directed at a particular manager you had, please contact HR@atlaslifttech.com. We would like to understand what happened so that we can look into it. Regarding the postings, we are the pioneer in the field of Safe Patient Handling and Mobility, so unfortunately the job title of Mobility Technician does not exist in the Indeed system. We find that Patient Care Assistants, EMTs, and CNAs are very strong candidates for the role, and we clarify in the job postings that the role is actually for a Mobility Technician. As for the wage quoted in the review, it is inaccurate as we adjusted the wages to reflect the market even before your review was posted. The wage is MUCH higher now, and we advertise the compensation transparently on the job postings.

workplace & managemant

had an amazing workplace and management at first but later on it changes. emoloyees (not all) at the hospital i worked on are all amazing ! made some friends.

Pros

expose to medical setting, learning something new everyday

Cons

short breaks, not paid enough for the effort at work, exhausting hours, management

March 14, 2023
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are very aware that working in the hospital setting has been rough on our employees, especially during the Covid-19 Pandemic. We always aim to be an 'amazing workplace' as you described, so please reach out to HR@atlaslifttech.com to let us know what changed about it for you later. We want to know, so we can address it.As for the breaks, we follow the State regulations for rest breaks and meal breaks, but surely the breaks feel short when the work is demanding. The Mobility Tech role is definitely exhausting, as we are in the business of saving lives and preventing injuries in the hospitals. Regarding compensation, we are frequently tracking the market in all the US regions in which we exist. We have made numerous adjustments to various markets in recent months, to ensure that the compensation for the job is fair and market competitive.

Amazing Company to work for!

I have been with Atlas for over 5 years and I truly love my job! The people at Atlas are by far and away the best people I have ever worked with. I love the company's mission and our dedication to the safety of care staff and patients.

Pros

Job satisfaction, the people and flexibility

A Good stepping stone to getting into the healthcare setting WITHOUT a certification

Good position for anyone trying to get into the healthcare side of work to see how everything works within a hospital and to see what you like for future careers. Only mainly need good customer service skills for staff and family members and BLS. pros- -management tries there best to fair with everyone not much complaints from myself.- Love learning from every department at the hospital-Full time I get my hours a majority of the timecons--when your on shift its one person per shift so different departments are constantly calling one per person when theres plenty of other staff members they can utilize and equipment they are trained on the floor besides waiting on a lift coach but it used to stress me out having many phone calls but now it doesn't i just take on what I can do at that moment-Management at my location still hasn't figure out a rotation system for shifts so not 4 specific people have to work weekends a majority of the time.

Pros

-I cant speak on benefits because i never signed up for them.

Cons

-not payed enough for this type of work

Fantastic company

The company overall is very well managed and goals are present. The job is rewarding and has purpose. There is room to advance and even move throughout the company as long as accounts are present. The only issue is these accounts are hospital based and are non-essential so in this current climate you do not have job security.

Workplace

I can only speak for the Mobility Coach standpoint. The job is rewarding at times sometimes it can get repetitive and Management is not always around. It's an autonomous job but it is frustrating to not have support during your shifts.I have been working for Atlas about 6 months and can honestly say I haven't received anything I was promised. I was told that we got a raise every 6 months and this did not hold to be true. I was told when you refer others you get a bonus, I have yet to receive money for referrals. Management is majority of the time very unorganized and we haven't had any group meetings to address issues in months. You get a 30 min break for a 8 hr shift that you walk around on it's not really enough. The pay is pretty good starting out. Every Job has pros and cons but Atlas is not that bad.

Pros

Great People, Ability to help others, Team environment, Technology, Use of medical equipment, l

Cons

Short breaks, long hours, no way to work from home, in a hospital environment every day, Lots of risk

October 25, 2021
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave us a review! Regarding the wage increases, we have an employee development program that allows the first wage increase at the 6th month, however, there is a process that must be followed as part of your promotion to Mobility Coach 2. Please contact your Program Manager or Human Resources if you have questions about how to start that process. As for the referral bonus, we currently provide a $1000 employee referral bonus, which has a timeline to payout depending on when your referral began their employment with us. Please contact Human Resources or review the referral bonus program description posted on our internal ADP homepage. We definitely encourage frequent communication so that our team members do not feel disengaged. The team in Detroit just had a meeting as recent as a couple of weeks ago. HQ is also working on the next town hall, as we aim to do them at least 2-3 times per year.We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time overall, noting the people, team environment, compensation, etc. We always aim to be better. Our work in the hospitals requires plenty of walking, and you are correct that the job does not allow for remote work. The services you provide to patients and hospital staff are invaluable and can only be done in person. This is one of the many reasons Atlas Lift Tech values its employees; without our people, the great things you provide in the hospitals would not be possible. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to HR anytime!

Wack attack

This job was Was an entry-level position that help me utilize the skills that I already had come from a healthcare background I was able to execute policies and implement new laws to help medical staff

Great opportunity to focus on helping patients and staff

Great opportunity to focus on helping patients and staff. Atlas provides training and assistance to acute care hospitals in the Safe Patient Handling and Mobility spaceGreat Place to work, learn and grow

Pros

opportunity to grow

Cons

no cons

Productive and supportive environment but just a little low compensation for California

All in all great place to work and a great place to start to advance in a Healthcare setting. It opens up a lot of doors for you and allows you to advance fairly quickly. Compensation is a little low but there's raises every 6 months.

Fun place to work at with lots of learning experience

Great people with reasonable job expectations. Wonderful nursing staff. Management could be better but they are nice so that’s a plus. But overall I’ve been taken care of with Atlas

Pros

Good coworker

Cons

Poor management

Overall great company

Even in a pandemic this company stands out as a progressive and company culture driven business. The communication with a company so far from my location was never an issue. Always kept in the loop of our layoff.

Pros

Promote from within and many opportunities

Cons

Contract work that is not seen as essential during Covid-19

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Lift Tech. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits