Atlas Oil

Atlas Oil Employee Reviews

Its a ok place to work I guess
Another company with its bull but it pays the bills. No one has got on my bad side yet but as soon as that happen im out.
Management is ok but will use you if you let them.
Pros
Sign on bouns, fleet fueling comissions
Cons
Average company bull.
Wonder why people still working for Atlas
Racists, disrespectful of people of color, mocking people from other countries because of language barrier.i regretted wasted my time but God being so good to His people.
Poor management. No Training
Poor management and no training. Management is terrible. Computer problems and seems don't know what direction to go through. Head of Customer Service Department is horrible.and insulting.
"Run for the hills"
The west texas(Odessa branch) promises you 60-80+ hours a week. The communication is extremely poor, management has no clue what is going on. You go from not getting 60 hours a week to 90+ hours the next week.

The hate having to pay overtime, but yet can't keep good help so they "OVER HIRE" so they can avoid paying overtime.

The say they put you in a mancamp in Odessa, Texas, but it is a trailer with no internet and a tv in the living room on company property. There is no per diem or 3 meals per day, let alone a recreation area.

You either get low hours or they work you to the bone with barely any time off. If you want your (vacation) days off of 7 days after 4 weeks of work as they promise, good luck. They will deny you a majority of the time. They refuse to let anyone transfer to another branch, especially ones that are close to your home.

The days they do give you off, over half the time try to call you into work because someone quit, called in, or got fired. They also only give you half the information when they do call or text you and once you get to a job site, you realize they put you in a bad situation and expect you to play janitor and "cleanup" the mess.

If you live in the mancamp, you are vulnerable to the dispatchers or managers calling you to try to force you to work. They will even come inside your trailer and pound on your bedroom door. They disregard you sleeping and don't care you just got off shift.

I am very surprised this branch has not closed its' doors.
Pros
getting off work once shift is done, $18 hour
Cons
management, dispatchers, no proper mancamp facilities
The simplest yet rewarding experience.
Pay is unbelievable for such an easy job. With these beautiful new automated system equipment, you’ll be to enjoy working freely. Easy to request a day off if needed and perfect balance.
Pros
Free lunch/goodies at times. Free drinks. Kind employees. Reliable Equipment. Appropriate hours.
Cons
Limited PTO. Demanding sometimes. Limited park space. Last minute scheduling.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
would not recommend
poor equipment and they will not fix it they management lazy, they want u to drive unsafe trucks. overall just unprofessional and I would not refer any driver to them
Sounds good at first
No matter what was done it's your fault... ALL of the Supervisors are a bunch of lying backstabbing MF's!!! Odessa and Colorado frac supervisors are unorganized and liars.
Sketchy at best
The job itself was fine. Management however only cared about her image and if you challenge her, even if she was wrong, you are out. Some of the team is very clicky and if you are not “ in the click” you don’t stand a chance.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Easy, high pay, somwhat easy to get time off to go home.
I like it, lots of time away from the house, and from true home(texas), with that being said, pay benefits, and the people you work with is immaculant.
Pros
Long hours, high pay, pto, new equipment, easy.
Cons
Somtimes difficult to get time off.
fair
joba was fair, learned a lot while here but the other companies we worked for made it hard to make a lot of money . they need to work on that and it wouldn't be too bad
cut throat blame games no acountabilty management
Work is not steady. Can't trust what management tells you. Un organized in every aspect. Cares more about how they look at main office instead of taking care of their employees. Company goal is to keep wages and pay checks as low as possible.
Pros
newer trucks
Cons
old trailers, and over worked mechanic
Poor Management
The job itself is great and very easy at that.

There were a lot of promises not kept, I was promised housing and to be back in South Texas. Atlas took away housing so we had to find our own or take a 2.00 pay cut, and poor management

These are the reasons I left. I hope this helps.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
No home life, Management
Poor Management
Trust me when I say, "Stay Away". They only haul for one company. The so called supervisor will be nice to you at first, do something wrong, he will curse at you and treat you inhumane. No stability. Always changing the schedule. They expect you to pay for supplies and then get reimbursed, what a joke! They also can't even get a permanent mechanic.
Pros
Decent rates
Cons
Management, no steady work
I did not like telling poor and old people they couldn't have fuel in the winter
• Create fuel orders and maintenance requests for Retail/Commercial and Tankwagon customers
• Provide assistance with customer’s issues

• Provide reports as needed

• Provide accounting data as needed

• Provide assistance as needed for other Departments
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Poor and old people begging me for fuel
Not a good company
They promise you everything they lie to employees. Everything is politics and guys getting family involve so treatment is unequally. The trucks are always breaking down including the system..Manual paper work and you Bill companies you fuel for. Not up to date. On the system they use.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Favouritism
Had a driver break area
come in get assign truck
preform PMS on truck

get location of destination to pickup crude oil from dispatcher

drive to location

perform oil test on quality of oil

hookup hose to transfer oil from silo to tank

drive full trailer tanker to oil refinery and transfer crude oil

repeat process 2 to 3 times a work shift.

return to home location and park truck

preform final PMS

hand in all paper work to dispatcher

I enjoyed tremendously, but was away from home
Pros
Excelent pay and advancement
Cons
Away from home and family
fast paced
Atlas has been a rewarding company to work for, however, I feel that there is no room for me to grow. It is time for me to move forward. I want new challenges. I typically work 8 hours a day and 5 days a week.
It was a good hardworking but overall casual environment.
The work flow was steady at first but then died down after being their for a few months. I thought the training was very good and helpful and I felt confident in my duties and responsibilities. The management was great and very approachable. They had great benefits and pay. Unfortunately I was laid off before my 90 days along with several other people due to a slow down in business. I think they should have thought things through before hiring on new employees.
Pros
Casual work environment, great friendly co-workers
Cons
Overall poor financial health of company
Very unstable
Co. Takes advantage of employees, quick to put employees on salary and over works staff 80 + hrs/week on same pay. Always on call 24-7.
Cons
Always on call even on vacation
Challenging and Dynamic Work Environment
Loved working here, to be successful you must be dedicated and hard working as well as capable of taking on daily change and challenges.
Pros
Management is open to creative thought and seeks talent
Cons
Can be tiring and the turnover rate is disappointing
Just a Joke
They promote you then get rid of you. Very shady people and horrible pay. The crews were awesome the above bosses were a joke. They didn't give you much to work with and they never really trained you
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Oil. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5