Atlas Roofing
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Atlas Roofing Employee Reviews

United States88 reviews

plantshiftweekmoneybadlongbenefitemployee

Pretty good, just very hot in the summer and people are kind of cliquey until you’re there for a while

I actually really enjoyed my time there, some of the people made it more difficult for me to enjoy it though. People are kind of cliquey because of the high turnover rate, but most of the people were friendly and easy to get along and work with. Days were kind of long sometimes because of poor scheduling and the other girl on my line didn’t do what she was supposed to be doing. The building I was in wasn’t air conditioned or heated, so it was hot in the summer. Winter wasn’t bad since our machines run hot, but summer was very sweaty. The break room was heated and air conditioned, and management set up a break schedule for when it got over a certain degree in the building so that people weren’t overworked.

Pros

Good workout, fairly friendly staff

Cons

Hot summers, some lines aren’t staffed well

Pay is good but there is no work life balance.

There is no work life balance for some people. The line operators do not get much if any time off. The pay if good but you will not have a life outside of work.

Atlas Roofing insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

This is not a place to Grow

Got this job because I wanted to switch up my jobs and work closer to home big mistake. There is no set schedule I have worked over a month straight no days off. Work place culture is horrible. I have been singled out to do work when everyone is standing around. Never got my raise for my position. Factory floor, break room, and bathrooms are constantly trashed. Point system is very strict. People in management are poorly trained causing the production line to be down. Company does lay offs. Always short handed will make you work several positions. Management does not care if you have kids or outside stuff in your life.

Pros

Pay

Cons

No days off, no fixed schedule, no work place culture, poor management, dirty factory, lazy co-workers

Was a cool place to work until you make a mistake

Who fires an employee inside 90 days. After recruiting with a good salary. On one of the busiest weeks. Fast paced learn on the go. left to sink or swim

Good money, not a good job

Lowest morale I’ve ever seen at a job. The pay is great and tons of overtime. The ot is mandatory which is still ok until you work months of 84 hour weeks. Upper management is callous and petty. It’s a very dirty environment. Lots of finger pointing. It’s a union shop but a union is only as strong as it’s people so take that how you will. 12 hour swing shift, way harder than 8 hour swing shift. Sorriest maintenance program.

Pros

Money, not sure about current insurance.

Cons

Literally everything else.

Don't work here

Employees will lie to better themselves no matter what. Managers only care about themselves, not the employees. People at corporate level are even corrupt. Do not ever work here.

5% or the employees do 95% of the work. They will over work you to compensate for lack of staff. Management are snakes in the grass.

Not a bad job to do while your looking for an actual job. Turn over is high due to bad management and just lack of care for employees. They like to put up a good front like they care but will be the worst snakes in the grass when it comes to it. Easy job, not a long term place.

Pros

Good people, decent pay great benefits

Cons

Management, work home balance sucks

Ok place to work short term

Management not helpful, no HR help in dealing with Management and they will bully workers, very unsafe work practices while they say they are trying to work safely. Shift changes occur very often with out notice to employees.

Pros

Pay, health ins

Cons

Very short breaks, management

Unorganized

Completely Unorganized. I worked here for years. I had to train new employees from production to management on what to do , and how to do it. And I was only a forklift operator.. they hardly give raises . But it's a steady job

Pros

No pros

Cons

No cons

A collective group of people from around the world making things happen

Since I have worked at Atlas KAW plant, the company has been on a mission to be all inclusive. There are people from different nationalities working together to make a quality production. We don’t always speak the same language but we are treated the same. We have our issues but we have fun daily, laughing and joking. The plant manager stands up for his employees and is knowledge of the product.

Pros

Company lunches, flex schedules, monthly bonus for safety, quality and production. Good healthcare benefits, 401k and vacation

Cons

It a little warm inside, but all production plant are. It a little dirty, again production plant are.

Boring

They don't allow for sitting at machines if you are faster than them. They just speed them up. Also not a lot of useful supervisors. They just stand around and play on their phones.

Pros

Cons

Boring

Enjoyed my time at Atlas

Good people to work with. Never had any issues with my coworkers or managers. Pay was fair and hours varied. But, these things were communicated to me when I was hired.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

short staffed

Well Balanced and progressive business

I have been in the "EPS Business" for 13-1/2 years. 3 with Atlas. I am a legacy ACH Foam employee. When Atlas purchased ACH, we were all apprehensive and scared of the change, but Atlas Management treated us all like family and brought us into the umbrella of Atlas business holdings and I have received the utmost respect and opportunities that one could imagine from the merger. I have enjoyed the relationships I have built with all of my co-workers and managers.. Honestly I can't imagine working anywhere else. This is a company that gives you the tools to learn and succeed. The benefits afforded to you are as good as any company out there and opportunities for advancement are there for those who work hard and strive to succeed and understand that promotions are not given, they are earned and you must be willing to earn it. You can take your career as far as you want to go as long as you are willing to work hard, learn, and have fun with a great team of people. Every day I strive to help our customers in any way that I can and I know I always have a great group of co-workers and managers who have my back. I strongly recommend Atlas Molded Products to anyone who wants a career and not just a job.

Pros

stability, positive environment, training and consistency

Cons

communication can be slow at times

Atlanta Corporate Needs a Culture Change

Knowing that someone is horrible at their job at the Director level and doing nothing about it is a recipe for disaster. There is quite a bit of talk about culture at Atlas during long the interview process. Culture to Atlas means "we know we have a problem but aren't doing anything about it". This essentially translates into a we don't care attitude. There are some great people at Atlas but also some very bad apples that are spoiling the barrel. Turnover is a problem at the corporate office in Atlanta. Tread lightly and always ask why the position is being filled to determine how honest the managers and directors are.

No days off work 12 hours a day 7 days a week

Job pays great but you can easily and most likely work everyday of your life with no sight of a day off. If there short handed you will work with no days off, it can take months sometimes to fill a position and that dose not guarantee relief from working the 84 hours

Pros

They feed you sometimes, and pay is great

Cons

Stressfull environment, no days off.

The hours and the overtime available

Great place to work until the housing market collapsed...Mucho overtime / nice people / safe environment...A friend of mine was the 2nd shift supervisor - that’s how I got in.

Pros

Company perks...

Great pay

A lot to learn , hard work mentally, a lot of break downs, needs a union. constantly training new people. Rotate job every 2 hours always doing something different.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

They fire you for having points

Good money, but no work/life balance

Either you are working 7 days a week or 3 days a week. There isn’t really any inbetween, Due to management not planning out their work loads. The entry level position of utility operator is a very over worked position. The work load balance relies mainly on the utility man. Benefits and money usually are good, but that’s about it. Could use way better management. With the Covid-19 pandemic it took them a month and a half before they issued us any hand sanitizer or protective equipment such as masks. They also preach that safety is a top priority to them. But when you point things out to your safety tech and months later nothing is done that’s an issue. But if you can handle the over bearing work and not having a life atlas is the place for you!

Pros

Benefits and hourly pay

Cons

Everything else

Good Folks Work Here

You'll encounter great coworkers through this company, but thats ultimately the best feature of this job. Management encourages workers to report on each other if they believe that they're doing something wrong or not as well as they could. Management even offers incentives to encourage you to report on your fellow workers. There is a very clear divide between the managment and the regular workforce here and it ultimately results in a work environment that wears through many people. Benefits are good, but the chance of being hired onto the company at your quoted time frame is slim. I've seen good workers leave after months of great production because the company would not advance with hiring them. On the other hand, I've seen people bypass the 90-day process altogether and be hired within a week due to nepotism. Overall, this is a toxic work environment that will consume most all of your time through their constant needs for more and more production, ultimately quelling weeks of unrest from the workers through the use of free pizza, donuts, or candy bags.

Pros

Major holidays off and good health insurance

Cons

Divisive management, poor management, constant mandatory overtime, and poor hiring processes

Great Company

Great company to work for... company culture is warm and inviting. Everyone wants you to succeed and is pushing for you to do your best. As long as you are self motivated this is a perfect place to work.

Pros

Employees

Bad management

Being stuck on 84hours a week 7 12s,HR woefully inadequate in hiring a qualified electrician, A very dirty place to work! Non communicative management

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Bad to hostile environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlas Roofing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
1.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight