Atlas Staffing Employee Reviews

Shady Company
Temp (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 18, 2018
Management is horrific. Aside from general unwelcome feeling you get, the manager is a loud, brash and abrasive snake in the grass. Communication is poor, they are extremely judgmental and won't give you the time of day if you look a certain way.
Meh.
Packaging Specialist (temporary position) (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 28, 2018
Work was hard, pay was ok but the management was terrible, always tried playing games with employees. A lot of jobs you were sent to treated temp workers pretty poorly.
Worked as a Temp for CAT.
Caterpillar Associate Loader/Un-loader (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJanuary 10, 2018
Picked parts at a caterpillar plant. We always had a daily meeting before and after the work day to cover safety stats and other stuff like that. Always cleaned up at the end of the day. Paid breaks except lunch until you were a full CAT employee.
Pros
Consistent Work
Cons
Being late can get you fired even if it's just once.
No good jobs
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 9, 2018
This place hires anybody and doesn't even ask for your skills. Just sends you anywhere and all jobs pay hardly nothing. Always sending you somewhere for just a couple of days. No stability.
Pros
Get you to work fast
Cons
Low paying jobs
very productive and well organized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 8, 2018
The staff always found you work and made sure you were called if you wanted to work. Theyd provide a bus route times and days.They made sure you got your work ticket in so you got paid that following friday.
Its a Temp job
temp (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 6, 2018
they match you with a job you can fit with. but since its temp its not a guarantee job. so be prepared after or close to the 500 hours to either be rolled over or let go.
Pros
quick job
Cons
temp job
Great work oriented people helping others find part time or full time work in the city of yakima
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 1, 2018
Call the office every day ask for work, Atlas Staffing. at this job i was sometimes at the hotel helping fold laundry take out waste bins full of trash, vacuuming floors fixing beds for guest to come. other days at an apple factory stacking pallets with various types of apples in a huge freezer. another position was at wrap pack, these are large machines that shoot out paper that had to be stacked a certain way, during break cleaning was done by all workers keeping the area clean was a poster board at this place.
Pros
na
Cons
na
It was alright
Demolition Laborer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 12, 2017
It was a job, just not permanent or enjoyable at all in any way. I got hired with a little luck and they always need temp workers, I'm just not a temp kind of guy.
Pros
Encourages you to work as hard as you can
Cons
Not enough pay for 50 hour weeks and temporary
Best temporary labor company I've worked at by far.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 4, 2017
It's still an exploitative practice that makes money of the labor of the people on the lowest rungs of employment trying to lift themselves up, but that's all labor companies. The lady that worked at the front desk at my local office was really nice and even gave me a ride to work one day when my car broke down. The employees they have that work sending employees to job sites don't treat the laborers like human garbage, it may not sound like much but lots of labor companies don't even offer that to the workers. My local office shut down and I'm sad it's not there any more.
Pros
nice office
Cons
it's part of a system designed to exploit the poor
Productive and fun workplace
Various Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. Easy going staff who were pleasant to talk to. Really listened to me regarding what type of work I was looking for.
Pros
Easy going staff
Cons
No current assignments for me
Good, steady temporary assignments
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Zak Designs in Airway Heights,WANovember 19, 2017
Good, steady temporary assignments. Fun and easy to talk to recruiters, I enjoyed coming in to talk to them about my assignments. Never had a problem.
Pros
Easy going office staff
Cons
No current assignments for me.
Just another labor place
laborer (Former Employee) –  KennewickSeptember 6, 2017
The lady that did the dispatch/worked at the front desk was awesome and the only reason this place stood out. Better than the local labor ready in tri-cities washington but that's not a high bar to set.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
minimum wage
Excellent environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 10, 2017
Positive and supportive work environment with a great work life balance. Nature of staffing, it can be stressful at times but not overwhelming. Great!
Pros
Competitive, Challenging, Fun, Balanced
Cons
At times stressful
good company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 7, 2017
very personal approach to help find positions that are a great for both personality and job fit. they go out of their way to help you and make you feel like you matter.
Pros
caring
bad company
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 20, 2017
I was sent to a company where I was threatened with physical abuse on a daily basis and when I reported it they did nothing. They never sent me out on any other opening after I left that job.
Dependable staffing agency
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 1, 2016
Fast employment processing , easy to apply , easy to be hired , I believe that Atlas is one of the best in my point of view ...Caring and professional staff , highly responsive , solving issues and inquiries in a quick manner ....I have worked through many staffing agencies and realized that this is a top rated company without a question !!
Pros
Fast employment and hiring processing, nice and professional recruiters
Cons
rude unhelpful supervisor in Boise office
where house worker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 29, 2016
Ate trying repeatedly to speak with the Boise recruiter supervisor, and countless false hopes and wasted gas money, I tried to complain to the corporate office. Only to be forwarded to the employee my complaint was against. I've never been treated worse. By far the worst temp agency.
Pros
not 1
Cons
lots lots and more lied
Started out great, but ended with the proverbial explosion
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 22, 2016
On the surface, the recruiter is an enthusiastic, happy, and professional person at the Meridian, Idaho office. I was laid off from a warehouse shipping/receiving job of 5 years, and wanted to stay within the trade. We hit it off pretty well at the interview and I was told I was going to be given top priority to get the next warehouse job.

I called in or wrote an email, at least once a week to check in. Then I finally saw a job opening a month later, here on Indeed. They were hiring through Atlas. I called in about it, and they had just filled it with another employee who had no experience, from another job assignment. They apologized for dropping the ball, by overlooking me for this position.

Two weeks later, I am contacted about the job I was overlooked for, and was assigned to work at a local warehouse, for very good pay. However, as soon as I got there, it fell apart as soon as I came through the door.

First, I was told the assignment was changed from temp to hire, to maybe working 3 days. Second, I had to endure a foul tempered, inexperienced temp from Atlas, who was prone to accidents on the forklift. Third, I was then re-assigned to another location (with the same company) for less pay and 40 minutes away from my home, one way. On my first day at the Boise location, they noticed I was a bit careful climbing in and out of one semi trailer. By lunch the next day, I was told this was a concern, and they terminated my assignment. Even though I was complimented for being professional, asking lots of questions while learning their system and methods,
  more... able to assist with receiving duties with no supervision, and drive the forklift without incident.

I was then questioned about my physical limitations, I said I had knee surgeries on both knees in the past, However, this only affected my speed of climbing up and down docks and semi trailers. I then added, it does not affect my ability to perform the duties of order selection, shipping/receiving, or driving a forklift. Evidently this was still a problem, as I was told they weren't willing to risk a job injury due to the information provided above. Not sure if this was discrimination, but it felt like it.

My next job assignment was to sweep a parking lot with a push broom all day, which led to me being asked to work in the production area of said assignment. The work was much more physical than the prior job was I recently released from, and so when I asked my recruiter how this made sense to put me on a job that was more physically demanding than warehouse work, when she had doubts of being able to work in a warehouse, due to her fear of me getting hurt, earlier.

I assured her, that my performance at the warehouse never prevented me from finishing my work on time, nor did I suffer a single job injury during the 5 years I worked at my prior, full time job. I said I could get letters of recommendation from my old General Manager and more, but I was told, saying that was going to far, and so my employment was terminated.
Pros
Good pay once in awhile
Cons
Long assignment wait times, poor communication between clients and employees, and a bit childish when dealing with professional issues
Best staffing company by far
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 21, 2016
They treat you like an employee rather than treating you like a product. By far the best staffing company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Fair pay, courteous staff
Cons
No real job security
Nice
Integration Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 31, 2015
Nice Staff they help you find great work but pay could be better.. nice schedule and weekly pay good people to work with.. morning hours at Berg