Atmel Corporation

Atmel Corporation Employee Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO

The management is always in crisis mode as though the world is going to end that week. Not enough back up support for workers. If you are self motivated you will do fine.
I absolutely loved it. I would go back any day. The environment, hours and days were great. It was a wonderful learning experience. People I worked with were great
Excellent ROI and profitability with custom products then ASIC bus unit was put up for sale and killed our business. All that new management wanted was to customer centric small units and shine it up for a sale.
Had great time working with many different people and learning many different things. Help me become a better co-worker and have a better mindset of what I want to be.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Fast paced environment....that is something that comes naturally. Semi Conductor processes is impressive to learn. Applied efforts are rewarded in pay and advancement.
Pros
Great benifits, pay, time off, associates.
Cons
Mistakes are unforgiving
A wonderful place to work good benefits great people schedule was nice three days on four off then four off three on Perfect for my family having so many days off when needed. sometimes 12 hours was hard but overall nice place to work.
12 hour shift. Loading and unloading of process tools. Delivery of product from one area to another. Efficiently utilizing any down time to help others. Worked as a team and as an individual. Management was very inconsistent. Culture wasn’t really followed through on. Hardest part was the hours 7pm-7am. Really enjoyed my co-workers. Very helpful, knowledgeable and fun to be around. Days off we’re great.
I only work as a Temp but learned quickly they have high expectations for their employees. They are a high stressful environment and some of the employees are not very accommodating to new hires.
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
some employees and management were rude, not willing to take the time to properly assist new hires.
compressed schedule more days off. Pay is ok. Other co-workers are friendly good training for new techs. Medical benefits are good and days off are cool.
Management lied to their employees about offering a package to those who were laid off by Microchip, after Microchip acquired Atmel. Executive management was good at paying themselves, not the employees.
Pros
People I worked with were great
Cons
Executive Management treated employees disrespectfully
Process equipment and train new employees on a nightly basis. I loved being busy and making sure our goals were met. I feel team work is what makes a company
Pros
Great health care
Cons
Having to stand on your feet all night
I loved working here. The only thing I didn't like was that they laid me off. The shifts are long but they do pay well. Overall a very good place to work
Receive a pass down from the previous shift technicians. Work on assigned issues during the shift. Provide a pass down on production equipment and issues to the next shift.
It is a place where is too much stress to work, too many hours to work under the same conditions, many of coworkers are tired of this kind of job, because the benefits don't reflect the hard job everybody did over there
Pros
Cons
stress, too many hours of work
Clicky teams. Long hours with minimal breaks. Pay is not on par with the work. Low opportunity for advancement unless you've clicked up with some part of management.
Pros
Overtime after 8 hours
Cons
everything else
A good company to work with, at least on engineer level in Colorado Springs and sites in Russet, France, and Heibronn, Germany that I worked with. Not much non-sense.
Job itself was relatively easy, Lots to learn with great people to teach you. Would have stayed longer if they didn't release all the temporary help that was hired for seasonal
I am uncomfortable at this time and do not wish to provide a review on this company. Hopefully other individuals will provide a more detailed review.
Learned how to to design a comparator using Cadence tools and had excellent training. IC layout was also done including RF techniques. Learned board-modifying techniques.
Pros
work and location
Indeed is confused, and is asking me to write a review for a company that I have never worked for. My company was leasing its facility from Microchip.
Cons
A good place to work if you are into electronics to find out how they work. No real opportunity for advancement and turn around is high with layoffs coming at random.