Atmos Energy Employee Reviews

Review of Atmos
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
My experience with Atmos was there was not room for error. The manager was not interested in participating in active on the job training and was not interested in helping me the employee improve.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not much room for error
Very Fast paced and physically demanding
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 14, 2018
The work environment was good and bad depending on the location you were working at. Read between 400 - 1000 gas meters on a daily basis. Good job if you are looking to get back into shape.
good job but poor managment
Senior service technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXOctober 12, 2018
I worked there 22 yrs but if you make the wrong boss mad or upset with you your time no matter how much is limited they will find the littlest thing to get rid of you and a lot of times set you up
Pros
good people
Cons
bd bosses
Never again
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nort DallasOctober 11, 2018
Never again will I work for this company, They want robots not people, the work production requirements were constantly increased to be just out of reach.
Pros
Cons
work production requirements
Productive place to work in opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 3, 2018
Atmos Energy was an overall good place to work. There are opportunities for advancement. The benefits are good the only thing I didnt like was that there were no sick days just pto if you needed a day off.
Pros
Free lunches company trips for training
Cons
Short breaks
Work you like a dog, not enough pay
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Atmos energy is a great company with an amazing culture. Problem is not everyone in management should be in management. There are many benefits but one gets tired of not being able to move up.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
out of the office, work at your own pace.
Productive, fun, and advancement is welcomed
Call center agent and customer representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Had fun learning all about the ins and outs of the company and what it takes to do a satisfying job.

They were very understanding or issues that occurs unexpectedly and willing to allow time off to deal with them.

If I could, I would work in their field division.
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Job responsibilities included processing invoices for payment, printing invoices that were submitted thru email. Verified all outgoing checks against the check printout for accurateness.

Learned how to obtain W-9 for all new vendors.. Verified the information on the IRS website.

Other job responsibilities included opening all incoming mail and scanning it into the system for data entry.

I was responsible for opening mail when it came into the department and scanning the invoices and data entry.
Pros
Positive company to work for they lived out each goal and value set up.
Cons
No cons
No room for advancement
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 30, 2018
No room to move up, stuck as a meter reader for 3 years. Worked long hours and routes kept growing and when I asked for help they said to simply go faster.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours, bad conditions, bad customers
Stressful and disorganized
Senior Service Technician (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 27, 2018
Direct supervisor was very disorganized and had double standards. Work moral is low in the local offices. Trust is a big issue in the local offices. There is alot of cut throat activity that goes on.
High paced call center
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 21, 2018
High paced call volume at this call center. It was a 24-hour call center when I worked there. It was high demand on the customer service representatives
Great benefits and good training
Sr. Administrative Assistant, I (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 20, 2018
I have feel that Atmos is a good company and offers great benefits. There is a high turn over because a lack of encouragement and appreciation by management. I worked there for 19 years and found that not everyone is given the opportunity for advancement even if they took time to get their degree. There is too much preferential treatment.
Pros
Stable Company with offices in several states
Cons
Not everyone has the opportunity to advance
Best Company Culture
Service Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2018
I loved working for this company. I was a Field Service Technician II and worked in the busiest service center (Dallas.) I would not have left except my wife wanted to move back to California. I miss this job and the incredible team I worked with. I still talk to many of my old work mates and my old manager and am lucky to call them my friends. When I left they took my to lunch on my last day and wished me luck, they also said if I ever wanted to move back I could have a place with Atmos. Amazing company!!
Great pay, great company to work for
MIC Tech (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 15, 2018
My day started as a self -motivated position because there were no supervisor around. I would drive out in the field and work my daily orders that was assign to me, made sure I did my job in a safe matter always making sure I pay attention what was going on around me. Alway pay close attention to road conditions and people drive habits to avoid any accidents, on the way to any location or city I was headed to for the jobs. The hardest part of my job was dealing with snakes and the possibly of get bit, the most enjoyable part of the job was going to meeting and get free lunch for the boss.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, 401K matching
Cons
none for me
No ping pong
Senior Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
Its was okay.and culture can be better Management can be more understand of employee. Everybody culture is different. Job need understand a person and appreciate a employee to
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Culture is very strong
Revenue Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2018
Safety is Atmos 1st priority.
I love working for this company I just can no longer commute to work.
I would recommend this company to anyone.
If it wasnt.for the far drive I would continue employment there.
Pros
Fun company to work for. Great pay
Cons
Commute to work
Productive fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 8, 2018
Great job, and a fun job always something going to keep going as a family oriented jod. We celebrated every occasion, on the calendar. They always celebrated when we reach goals or set big goals. The soda, coffee, popcorn was free everyday.
Great culture
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2018
I’ve loved working for this company. They give you the Best of the best in every company elected coverage. The culture is great and the pay is competitive.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, culture, exercise room
Cons
Can get extremely busy
Atmos Energy
SUPERVISOR-CUSTOMER OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 17, 2018
Good overall company to work for. Great oppurtunities to advance and to get your education. Great culture. Employee friendley and works hard the employee and customer. Safety is number one. Capital expenditures and around one billion dollars.
Pros
Culture, benefits
Cons
Can be a bit old scool in some situations
I am very happy with My Company.
GIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
Spent two years in a company with great work environment is really a big opportunity for me. I really happy to be a part of a very flexible, helpful team where they have a goal, motivation, appreciation and fun time all together.