Atmos Energy Employee Reviews

Great company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
This is a great company to work for no issues with the company would recommend it to others. Good culture and great environment to work and build your skills.
Same thing everyday
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 1, 2018
a typical day is you sit at you're desk and take in calls with you're best customer service some calls good some bad. People have questions , doubts , and need help .
Pros
sometimes it calm days
Cons
can get crazy in the winter
Terrible Work Atmosphere
Meter Technician (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJune 25, 2018
Atmos Energy is a toxic working environment and I would not recommend this company to anyone. The management and workplace culture are not favorable unless you consistently "kiss-up" to the supervisors making the workplace unprofessional.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Coworkers, Policies, Workplace Atmosphere
Very busy, but fun place to work. Atmos does a lot for the communities that they provide their services too.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 19, 2018
Atmos is a great company to work for. It is not easy but it definitely is something you can do if you put your mind to it. They also have great benefits packages.
All Things Considered a Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 6, 2018
Most of the supervisors were nice and helpful. My co-workers were great. If you like a fast paced, fairly well paid job and like call centers this is a great place to work. I understand that in their new facility they have desks that raise and lower so that you don't have to sit through your entire shift.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Fast pace
Team Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 1, 2018
This company is like a big brother. Never leaves us hanging. Always helping us and protecting our positions. Providing so much knowledge. Treating all employees for hard work. Great place to work.
Pros
Schedules, rewards
Cons
Fast Pace
Efficient Communication and Multi-disciplined Collaboration
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 1, 2018
As an intern, Atmos Energy's work environment offered a fully comprehensive program that allowed the exploration of various engineering disciplines working together. Seeing engineers relying on one another to reduce stress made the work force seem easy-going and reliable. The close family-like relationship of the engineers allowed the free sharing of experience and ideas that encouraged growth of knowledge in each respect field. The company also engaged in multiple community events to give back to the community in Jackson and surrounded suburbs which offers the incentive of working with kind hearted and sincere people.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Compassion and Understanding, Distributed Responsibilities
Cons
Life behind a desk, Location
Doesn't follow their culture
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2018
The company claims to have a positive culture, however the HR group doesn't follow this culture. They often conduct "witch hunts" and actively works to intimidate others within the company in attempts to hold power over them.
Productive work place
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 29, 2018
You can advanced at Atmos Energy. They believe in treating everyone equally. The benefits are great. They help you if you want to further your education.
Pros
Bonuses
Great company, even better people
Construction Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 14, 2018
Great company focused on safety and work life balance. Always treated like family which is rare for a company this size. You promote fast and are able to cross train in the field of work you would like to got to.
Pros
Good people, great benefits, work life balance
Cons
Hard to get hired from outside the company
Why I would leave..
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 26, 2018
I love Atmos Energy. The culture and values are amazing. When you get into a place that has awesome supportive management, I am sure it is great. It saddens me to leave but I feel that when you work so hard to be the best, you get stuck and the advancement of your career suffers. I want to work for a company that appreciates your hard work and advances you because of it.
Pros
Healthcare, Benefits, VP Bonuses, Pto
Cons
In the Dispatching Organization- Poor managment, lack of advancement opportunities. Being held back.
Great utility company with strong culture
Process & Change Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
Atmos is a well-led utility company with a strong history of success within its regulated environment. The workforce is typically long-tenured, and as those people retire, there will be great opportunity for advancement and contribution. Atmos Energy is very proud of its strong culture, and a person's alignment with the values of the culture is likely to enjoy working with similar like-minded people.
Family
GIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 16, 2018
Have not been here very long, but this place quickly felt like family. Coworkers and managers are all exceptionally friendly and courteous and the workflow is not excessive in pace or demand.
I would never...
Meter Reader 2 (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 15, 2018
This company is the worst place I've ever worked at, seriously. Management sucks, if you speak up for yourself and stand up to supervisors who don't like you because you don't kiss up to them daily, they'll have HR start a paper trail on you for termination.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 6, 2018
Working at atoms was awesome. There's a lot of room for advancement and they treat you like family. They have the full benefits package. They are willing to work with employees if they're not catching on as quick as others.
it was ok
Customer Svc Rep (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 5, 2018
it was an ok job, some of the managers were nice enough, too many two faced people work there, smile in your face and dont have your back. will let you take the fall
Meter reader
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2018
Worked as a meter reader for the Dallas, Texas gas company. Was responsible for the daily meter reading of 700 homes. Required excellent time management skills to reach the daily quota.
Pros
great work schedule, good pay, great employee benefits
Top Notch Company
two years earned Sr Construction Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 12, 2018
I loved this company and intended to retire here. It is a customer/employee focused company and they care greatly for both. My only issues were the work/life balance became a little skewed due to lack of employees and jobs being re-filled in our office.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Work/life balance
Brief Description of a day at Atmos Energy
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2018
My day started assessing what I needed for meetings for my Upper Level Executives. I also checked all supplies to make sure we were fully stocked for the day/week. I greeted all employees in my area with a "good morning" and a smile. I had two desks as I supported two different departments this was the most challenging part of my days. It was difficult to stay organized and to feel as if I was a part of the organization. Otherwise, I truly enjoyed the staff and executives that I supported.
Pros
Nice and professional staff.
Cons
Two desks.
Utility Information Technology
Solution Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2018
The culture at the company is very strong. The IT department has a limited number of resources for the amount of work that is processed for the company. Contracting and vendor support are essential for working through large software projects and integrations. The collaborative teams are a joy to work with and their is a sense of stability in the work environment.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Some not so good leaders