Atmos Energy Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging
Certified Instructor Jan (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2019
Productive and challenging. Experience and work ethic aren't always respected and appreciated. Great employees and respected company. I would recommend friends to work for Atmos Energy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long stressful work days.
Good place to start
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Atmos was a good place to get some training and help you to get some money coming in. Definitely was not a place to stay due to the low pay. Good managers and working environment
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 15, 2019
While working at Atmos energy I gained a lot of experience and knowledge. The company itself was a great company to work for but it was a stressful job, especially in the winter time due to the high call volume. I enjoyed my coworkers and manager very much and they were all amazing people. I would recommend this job to anyone who doesn't mind getting yelled at constantly and one who doesn't stress too easily.
Pros
free lunches, voluntary time off, pto
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed working at Atmos. Manager was awesome. Good benefits and time Off after a year
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed working at Atmos. It’s a good place to work. It’s stressful at times. I had to deal with some upset customers but some customers were so nice
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Have to work 1 Year before any time off
Great Place
IT Desktop Support Tier 3 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2019
This is hands down a great company to work for. Friendly staff and very courteous. Lots of opportunities to gain a wealth of knowledge. Excellent benefit pkg unless you are a contractor.
Pros
Great company they look after their employees
Cons
Sometimes you might be contract employee for years before an opening is available.
Challenging and Rewarding
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Working at Atmos taught me a lot about myself with the training programs that are offered. I grew individually and became more efficient in my career.
I would recommend the job but watch your back.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I was there 17 years and was accused of something that I did not do. I had been there for 17 years and had only seen the management office once 11 years before and had not had any issues after that. Atmos is famous for accusing people of doing things they don’t do and firing them the next day.
Atmos more concerned with Public Image
Revenue Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Worried about what the public thinks versus what the customer actually needs and employees need or benefits, Atmos more worried about Public Image, not more diverse more predominately hired white male/female
I currently employed at Atmos Energy
Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Atmos Energy is a wonderful company to start your career with and advance within the company. The environment is awesome the people are great and the way that the company operates is ideal.
poor
Sr. Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 1, 2019
training and management are poor, if you are not one of the boys and like what they like then will not fit in. you work very long hours with little to no appreciation
Company needs some work
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 10, 2018
There are issues happening inside this company with co workers trying to get rid of other hard working employees just because they are not part of their click or co worker group. Management and HR do nothing to correct this issue.
One of the better companies in my career
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2018
Nice job culture in Houston office. 401K matching (up to 6%) and health benefits are excellent. PTO includes both sick and vacation. I hardly used sick days.
Good working place No tollerance with being late or sick and making errors on emergency calls
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 11, 2018
no tolerance of being late or sick. if you have the flu you better come in and spread it around otherwise, it will account against you. on the phone working with customer, for two hour take a 15 minute break back on the phones, for another 2 hours and lunch, after lunch back on the phone for two hours and break then back on the phone for 2 more hours. Somedays there is training, team meetings or meetings with out supervisor. No overtime unless it has been approved prior .The stress of this jobs comes in taking emergency orders, You can not make a mistake, there are so many ways to make an error handling emergency orders. Lots of people, that have been there a long time get walked out. I am talking 17 to 26 years, how scary. I was told, the people with this much experience can't make an error on an emergency. They are considered "Seasoned". The best part is the customers, Most are wonderful you get a few that have issues, but if you listen and try to help them most are thankful. Atmos Energy does allow ways to help those that can not pay their bills.
Pros
everyone is very nice to work with
Cons
very strick about emergency orders and sick days
Better Than Typical - Depends on The Service Center
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2018
It really is a good company overall. Some places are better than others, but that's with any company. You get free uniforms and the personal protective gear is really good. They do strive for safety. Personnel, Public, and personal.
Challenge
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 21, 2018
Very good company to work for, but can be stressful and demanding. Safety is a top priority. Often hard to balance personal and work priorities. Be prepared to give 100% to be the best.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long hours inclement weather conditions.
Review of Atmos
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
My experience with Atmos was there was not room for error. The manager was not interested in participating in active on the job training and was not interested in helping me the employee improve.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not much room for error
Very Fast paced and physically demanding
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 14, 2018
The work environment was good and bad depending on the location you were working at. Read between 400 - 1000 gas meters on a daily basis. Good job if you are looking to get back into shape.
good job but poor managment
Senior service technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXOctober 12, 2018
I worked there 22 yrs but if you make the wrong boss mad or upset with you your time no matter how much is limited they will find the littlest thing to get rid of you and a lot of times set you up
Pros
good people
Cons
bd bosses
Never again
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nort DallasOctober 11, 2018
Never again will I work for this company, They want robots not people, the work production requirements were constantly increased to be just out of reach.
Pros
Cons
work production requirements
Productive place to work in opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 3, 2018
Atmos Energy was an overall good place to work. There are opportunities for advancement. The benefits are good the only thing I didnt like was that there were no sick days just pto if you needed a day off.
Pros
Free lunches company trips for training
Cons
Short breaks