ATN INTERNATIONAL Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful from the ground up without a proper leader.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  NVMarch 26, 2018
The politics in this place will eat you alive from the stress it induces.

The general staff at the entry level are nice and courteous, but the management is lackluster at best.

They don't seem to understand that they are not the only priority a person has.

Don't work here if you have children, they expect you to put ATN first, and not your family. Your needs don't bother them one bit.
That's it, they simply don't care about YOU, only what you can do for them.

They expect you to take half days (resulting in no actual "day off") to cover outside events so they don't have to pay you overtime.

You get told to "update your resume" often, making it feel like you could be let go at any time, regardless of performance.

I wouldn't work there again.

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone for anything (as a place to do business, or as a place to work)
Pros
401K, hour lunch, paid leave
Cons
Rotating schedule, managment that's hard to get ahold of, job duties are fluid and change daily
A great place to work with extremely smart people
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Desert Southwest USMarch 20, 2018
Great company with a an awesome culture and generous compensation.

I was a contractor so I have no practical incite as to how an employee in handled.
Pros
Great company with a an awesome culture and generous compensation.
Cons
Corporate culture and the trainer is aloud to be really harsh and uncareing
Highly political culture ,no moral values with poor work ethics
VP of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock,COMarch 12, 2018
ATN as a company is cluster of small companies by acquisition, so having said that there is no vision or strategy which takes the growth of the company or the employees.Before making your decision ask these 3 questions 1.Why here 2. What makes difference 3. Where I will be next year if you have answer for all these 3 then you can clearly accept the offer.You can look the employee trending in any portal where it will clearly identify how many in/out meaning that many firing will be there by the president of telecom division who believes that company been built without loyal employees.Tier 1 operators have reduced biz and no new projects over last 2 years due to inefficient management and no vision or strategy for go-to market! Advise to management, government grants are not free money and will not be forever free!!!
Pros
Country side office culture
Cons
Poor retention policy and worst office culture
Small Company Big Expectations
Technician (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMarch 1, 2018
I worked there as a technician we were spread out pretty thin and did not have very much support or training much of it OJT, lots of go ask somebody else and why didn't you fix it.

They have a niche market in rurals areas with limited upside as the major carriers grow, they don't pay very well and seem financially strapped and does a lot of hiring and firing I seen whole departments with new faces come and go over a year.

Overall they let you do your job, provided you everything you needed and has good benefits.
Pros
Small company with more of a Corporate feel than a mom and pop shop.
Cons
Lack of support, Lower Pay, No Job Security, High Turnover
Fun place to work.
WIRELESS SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Croix, VIOctober 19, 2017
Fun place to work, competitive. Great learning environment... Opportunity to meet many customers....Challenging in a very positive manner....Would recommend this job to others.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Temporary
Life at ATNi
Billing Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GAOctober 1, 2017
I enjoy the office I work at. It took getting used to how quiet it was given there is so much space and few people. Learned an extraordinary amount about international billing for telecommunications. Vision of upper management seems to transcend outsourcing.
Keep looking
Wsc (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVSeptember 26, 2017
Management is very political, if the management doesn't like you, your gone, or your gone if you fulfill their need at that time, no job security. You can even have great reviews, no issues, no write ups and still get fired, because someone doesn't like you, or they want someone else to have your position, really just horrible all around. Run!!!
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No home life, stress
High technical environment
Network Repair Analyst (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COSeptember 7, 2017
When arriving at work, the moral was above average, coworkers and management would usually greet you with a good morning. Once logged into internal systems on company loaned laptop, reading email to catch up on anything new since the day prior. Coffee was always provided by the company. Weekly staff meetings were conducted within own department to discuss current events and to discuss any issues going on for the week. Management would allow you to do your job without too much micro-managing. Management was available for help when needed or found help for you when requested. Management always asked if any kind of training was needed to do your job properly and usually found a way to provide it when needed. Enjoyable part of the job was working with other departments to get things done. Hardest part of the job was figuring out what was wrong within the network but satisfying once isolated and corrected. Knowing you helped another customer resolve their issue was rewarding.
Pros
Can work from home on occasion, management open door policy, company provided tools to do your job such as a laptop, work cell phone, anything medically necessary like computer glasses, paid holidays.
Cons
On-call without extra pay.
Customer Care Representative; Tier I (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJune 25, 2017
You can start at Commnet with any of their entry level positions are work your way up the ladder. They value experience and hard work and reward both generously.
Pros
Great benefits, relax and professional atomsphere
Cons
Far from Denver, and hard to "get in the door"
Not sure about the company.
Senior Financial Analyst FP&A (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 3, 2017
Typical day at work was very busy. Everything was needed yesterday. They spoke of work life balance, but in reality it did not exist.
Most management were friendly and reasonable.
Pros
Good to employees. Holiday party, Ocational office lunches.
Cons
No work life balance
Employees Moral
CUSTOMER SERVICES SALES REP (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIMarch 30, 2017
Manager needs to be more pleasant more up lifting towards employess.
Employess are great, but we it can be way better.
Work load is stressful and a lot.
Pros
Free Lunch when work pass 7:00pm
Cons
no overtime
Caring company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COFebruary 2, 2017
Decent company that is very caring of the their employees. Very out-of-the box thinking. Works hard to provide solutions to potential customers needs. Will go the extra mile to provide great customer service.
Great Company
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 11, 2015
This was really a great company to work for. I had to resign earlier this year due to health problems. I wouldn't usually say this about a job but I miss this one.
Productive Enviroment, friendly staff
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VIOctober 13, 2015
I love working for Choice Wireless, we are all like a little family. Normally I would greet most of my co workers and briefly discuss how their day was going and see what their upcoming plans were either work related or personal.

I've learned the importance of treating each and every customer with fairness and respect.

I've learned to always bring my A game no matter what I'm going through personally.

Hardest part at times would be to get everyone on the same page at a time manner, especially if their was a set deadline given.

What I love most is how family oriented we are, and how willingness to always wanting to help each other and others.
Pros
Free Internet and cell service
Cons
working on the weekends
Not bad
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 16, 2015
Great company, just wish I could have learned more about the company before leaving. The people were great and management was fine too.
Nice people
Radio Frequency Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJanuary 14, 2015
This was a contract job that I had zero problems with the job or the company. Just wish the contract did not run out. It was a nice stable job.
ATNI is a high-growth, fast-paced fun place to work
International Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MANovember 27, 2012
I regret that the commute was too far for me to continue at ATNI despite great opportunities to grow.
Sales rep, Team player
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 30, 2012
I was the only person in the Lawton Office. I was in charge of sales, customer service, store upkeep, maintenance. I was in charge of all stocking, product ordering, shipping and receiving, and all cash. I also took weekly conference calls, and opening and closing of my store six days a week.
Pros
had an hour lunch and nobody had to tell me what to do.
Cons
their was nobody to help when i got busy.
productive
NOC Eng./Technician (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 17, 2012
i gained a lot of experience working at commnet wireless as i interacted with technicians every day to troubleshoot network connectivity issues. it kept me busy as i learnt something new each day.