Atomic Cartoons

Working at Atomic Cartoons: 10 Reviews

Good culture, you feel valued, purposeful.

Working at Atomic is fun and purposeful. Support is available if you need it and everyone wants you to succeed. The hours are long and the work isn't so bad but working across several time zones can be challenging work/life balance-wise on a virtual landscape. Expectations are realistic. Pay is fair to good. Benefits are a plus for a contract. Overall they have a good thing going.

Pros

Supportive, positive environment. Fair pay and benefits.

Cons

Deadlines mean longer hours so work/life balance is affected that way

A decent enough studio

Its pretty on par with wild brain or titmouse, good place. They say its 9-5 but thats only if you dont take lunch, its 9-6 just like all the other studios. They care about appearances so if enough people bring up an issue they might actually adress it. Comfortable chairs!

Pros

paid overtime if they ask for you to stay overtime, lunchtime seminars for stuff sometimes

Cons

no group insurance

Atomic Cartoons insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Great place to work with incredible and creative people

I have nothing bad to say about Atomic, except that most positions are contract only. (But that's the norm in the animation business I guess.) They're super nice and straight forward. The work is hard and deadlines must be met. All in all a fun place to work with just the right amount of challenge.

Pros

free bagels one day a week is awesome.

Cons

I am not a fan of the ikea tables I had to sit at last contract. but no big deal.

i like it

friendly co worker, nice place to work at. opportunities to develop other interests. lots of social activities. people like to chat and give advice. i learned a lot here.

Great Place! Great People!

Nothing more need be said but I guess I HAVE to which is truthfully annoying so I'm going to fill the rest of this up with this extended waste of time

Pros

Great atmosphere

Fun place to work!

Fun place to work! Can't recommend enough. Happy environment and dog friendly, casual and artistic. Ability to work remotely has been ideal for family/work balance.

Fun and great place to work.

A typical day is busy but fun and mostly I work on my own. I've learned about doing Set-up, How to use Shotgun and few things about CG and 2D layout. I love the workplace culture as well, we have beer fridays and occasionally we have studio event and gatherings.

Pros

Free coffee, Bagel and Fresh fruits

Great community, very supportive

Great community, very supportive. They are willing to put a lot of work into training and mentoring staff. Lots of team oriented things planned during and outside work hours. Pretty good balancing of work and home life. The benefits are OK but they seem to be working hard on improving that.

Pros

great work culture

Cons

benefits could be better

Great Place

PROS: Great place to learn. Work life balance is great. People are friendly. Contracts are very short. CONS: Be prepared for 3/4 month contracts each renewal. You will be kept on your toes. Leads and Sups weren't personable from my experience.

Pros

Free bagels on Tuesdays

Great workplace, accepting and a good place to learn

I entered Atomic Cartoons just before finishing my undergrad, and it was an excellent first experience in the animation industry. I had patient and instructive supervisors that taught me a lot about my craft and the fellow coworkers were incredibly friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atomic Cartoons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Atomic Cartoons
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?