Atria Senior Living Employee Reviews

It’s angreat place
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 15, 2018
It’s a wonderful place to work great people and great management. The work environment is wonderful. The job site is in a wonderful place. The staff is great
Relaxed and comfortable
Medicine Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 14, 2018
Atria is a nice quiet place to work at.
Great patient, you get to get close to. For me it was learning. Learning about people, they're culture and there jobs. Learning different medical conditions, medications.
Great staff!
Pros
Great staff and patients
Cons
2% annually increase
Horrible work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJuly 14, 2018
I worked at the Carmichael location in California management is super poor there rude and very unprofessional thw women in the office are extremely disrespectful salary is unfair you bust you're butt and for no tips when you get them from residents families they take them away and keep them for there self's. From experience I don't not recommend this job or living place or company to anyone
I loved working at Atria Chandler Villas!
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 13, 2018
Best employees. Best residents. The leadership was always trying to help us be better everyday. I wish I wouldn't have left! Atria is very open to new, fresh ideas.
Pros
Outstanding employees
Fun work place with certain individuals
Atria Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Briarcliff Manor, NYJuly 10, 2018
employee from early shift left work for me consistently. Was told by an employee not to speak to her because i'm black and to go back to my country. I along with my family were born and raised in the united states, yet the employee was from south america. Made complaints with no response!
Pros
loved the residents
Cons
unfair coworkers in my department (maintenance)
Working
Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
very intensive labor for holding a job title as a server. you are required to be on your feet during all hours of your shift. as well as holding the position as server you have to be a busser and food runner in your section.
Great company, horrible employees
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 8, 2018
employees always gossiped, there was a bunch of cliques, i was not trained properly but expected to know everything, management was awful. i definately would not return nor would i ever let a family member stay here especially if they had dementia, the caregivers do not have patience for their residents and the supervisor is plain rude.
Pros
free luch
Cons
everything else
Stressful and not fun
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 7, 2018
My supervisor is so poor in managing and always short in people always not at work and never return or answer your call there not checking there employee
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor management
Provider Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2018
The place was a great place to worked because our co-worker were very friendly people there were very easy to talked with they are almost always happy
Atria on the Hudson
RESIDENT MEDICATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYJune 30, 2018
A typical day at work is going room to room doing statues checks to resident that need more assistant and have history of falling. You will learned how to take care of a someone's love one, but the appreciation that you will have at the end of every shift there's no words to explain it. The manager is understand when it comes to PTO's, reason of leaving early as well to get everyone to work as a team. They support the policy of great care for each resident. The hardest past of this job is death. Being part of this family takes patient, care and understand for the family as for the resident.
the worst
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJune 29, 2018
management stinks they are the worst people, they trick the poor elderly, and treat them like durt
this is very sad, i hope i die before i get to go to a place like that.
Pros
Cons
all
Terrible place to work
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 28, 2018
The management they have now is terrible! There is zero communication and the ED and RSD treat the residents and families like there not human beings also !
Pros
Insurance is the best thing anout this place
Cons
Managenent is the top killer of that place!
Meh
N/A (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2018
I work here. It's ok I guess. It can be real lax or hectic sometimes. There are days where I just don't wanna be there but that's at every job. We could use more people though.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
If you don't do it yourself it might as well not been done at all.
Meh
N/A (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2018
I work here. It's alright I guess. Some days can be a little hectic though and I'd rather not be there but that's at every job isn't it. But it's real lax and chill.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
You either do everything yourself or it won't be done at all
A big let down
Director (Former Employee) –  NJJune 24, 2018
When I was interviewing for my position, I interviewed with 4 different people that really sold the company to me. I was so excited loved their mission. In reality, they do not care for the residents and especially do not care for their employees. It is all about the bottom line. So sad that they have the potential to be so much better but instead, they throw money at nonsense that doesn't even actually help them be better or grow. A big let down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Out of touch corporate, favoritism, QE is a joke and a big waste of money
Fun and great staff
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Paradise, CAJune 24, 2018
It’s a great place for my residents , the care team is a great team , wonderful grounds , the residents are happy.

All in all a great place for residents to call home
Pros
Great care team
Cons
Steady Management
very friendly co-workers
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLJune 20, 2018
I've leaned many things during my time at Atria Windsor Woods. From serving table to housekeeping.
Most of the management is really nice and will work with you if something comes up.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Would not recommend. Money hungry management with low paid and poorly treated employees.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJune 20, 2018
I have worked for this company for four years. I have seen many turnovers in employees and also, management. The job itself is not difficult and can be rewarding but, the paid, work environment, and morale is constantly at a low. I have never worked in an environment such as this. This facility only cares about making money and keeping up apperences. Serious matters are never addressed and you are over worked to save money and your needs are never met or even listened to. There is also no room to grow in this company. I would never recommend joining this community to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Stressful environment, low pay, uncomfortable work environment, horrible leadership, poor communication
Extremley Poor management within the Kitchen and Waitstaff.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 18, 2018
This has to be the worst job I've ever had. The residents are what kept me there for the small amount of time I worked at Atria. The pay for the amount of work is absolutely ridiculous. The management is by far the worst I've ever seen. I do NOT recommend this job to ANYONE. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Poor management, low wages, hostile work environment
Very hard job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJune 18, 2018
the hardest and most stressful job ever. don't ever work in the kitchen. the pay and management sucks. the turnover rate here is very high. DONT DO IT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight