Atria Senior Living Employee Reviews

Residents are great
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMarch 19, 2019
The residents are great but this company needs to come do the "smaller" peoples jobs so they can see we are not paid enough for what we do. I wish we'd all be appreciated more.
Pros
Free lunch, health care, pto
Cons
Short staffed, not paid enough
Great Learnng Experience
Culinary Service Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2019
During my 12 years at Atria, I was able to advance in my field, always had the tools to do my job. Education and training programs outstanding, left me well informed
Fine for a first job but nothing long term
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 18, 2019
I worked there as my first job for a year and few months. I believe that the culinary department was definitely understaffed at all times and it was very stressful to deal with residents and the other departments. Speaking of other departments, there was always miscommunication and if you wanted to transfer to another department, it was impossible because they wanted enough waitstaff but that was never fullfilled. Management lied when they said they’d give you every other holiday off and they complained when you worked over the scheduled hours. I myself have worked 2 12 hour shifts and it’s very hard on your body especially if you don’t get the proper breaks and time to prepare for the next seatings.
Pros
Guranteed hours, free food
Cons
Understaffed, no holidays off, unfairness, too many hours for one person
Glorified bus person not server.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 15, 2019
Worse job I have ever had...so much to do for the pay...
Managers are never around so the employees run the place. The employees, the wait staff I should say, are rude, classless, petty and backstabbing...oh yeah, crazy too...avoid serving here at all costs if you like your sanity.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The wait staff, getting bullied by residents, everybody is always sick, understaffed, under paid... horrible.
Terrible environment for residents and employees
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 14, 2019
Was a terrible place of work my ED was racist didn’t like colored. Was promise a promotion but I was black so I didn’t get matter of fact I had to train the person that was gonna be my boss . The kitchen was no stop work I work doubles 4 days a week then got crosstrained to hand out meds as a cook .. great building but management need some work on themselves they don’t have the knowledge of running an assisted living home. No staff all that stuff doubles back to back Barry could take a break.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Terrible pay terrible management team very unorganized
Great oppurtinity to gain experience
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMarch 12, 2019
The staff and company provided a great oppurtinity to gain experience and provide safe and effective care to their residents. I would recommend many of my friends and colleagues to work here.
Awful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 12, 2019
No empathy for staff, working through lunch breaks on every shift, understaffed, get yelled at for not having time for other departments jobs, underpaid, neglectful/abusive directors (to staff and residents), unsanitary work environments (regularly ran out of cleaning supplies, gloves, etc). Don't bother calling HR - they're useless and you're replaceable. Brought in residents we were not equipped to care for only to hit quota. Hidden med errors. Monthly staff meetings taking anywhere from 1 to 4 hours, with no concern to those who work NOC shift
Fast paced and somewhat stressful workplace
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 10, 2019
For me, Atria was a good job but was too stressful for my personal needs. The co-workers were very friendly and nice. The management was poor, however.
Pros
Free food, long breaks
Cons
Stressful atmosphere
Loved the residents
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77479March 9, 2019
The residents make you want to stay. It is difficult to leave once you have developed a relationship with the. They need to restructure their management and show more appreciation to their staff.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Very poor management and HR staff
Management Treats you Badly -- Stay away!
Would rather not say (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAMarch 9, 2019
I was employed in Novato at the Atria Senior Living and was bullied and harrassed by upper management. I was doing a great job and the better I did my job the worse they treated me. I would stay away from this community.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Treatment by upper management
Don’t do it..
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  East Northport, NYMarch 6, 2019
This place is a disaster from Administration all the way down to co workers. Admin treats you like trash. They expect you to do way more than what’s in your job description for very low pay. They will tell you Atria is your priority not your family or anything outside of work including your children. My advice is don’t do it!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Hopefully things are different now
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2019
Overall up liked working there, it's an amazing company to work for At a particular location itI was at was very short-staffed and while I took the low paying job because of the benefits it turned out I couldn't stay because they were too many positions to fill for the amount of pay that was being offered.
Additionally I think had these things been discussed during the hiring process I would have had a chance to make a better decision. So make sure you understand your job duties prior to being hired.
Pros
40 hours plus benefits
Cons
Was very short staffed. Pay not that great for multiple jobs!
Staff
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMarch 1, 2019
During my time that I spent at Atria, Enjoyed it so much! Getting to chat with the Residents was fun filled. Though there were times they could be a little angry grouchy, most of them are pretty nice and happy every time I served them.
Pros
Happy And grateful Residents
Cons
Angry customers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 28, 2019
i worked for the company for almost 10’years and sadly the facility closed down due to internal problem. i was happy amd contented with my job in Atria
poor management but good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 28, 2019
cleaned rooms then went to care staff to help the old people with care from 4-11pm or i worked day shift everything different everyday when its busy or not we had slow days too
good environment with good people
RESIDENT SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 28, 2019
good environment with good people that are passionate about their jobs and residents. Provides room for improvement. Senior collegues are helpful.....
Pros
Free lunches
Management always trying to help problem solve
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Staff members going the extra mile to help the residents with there needs making sure there needs are fully met and then if amongst are selves can’t solve the problems there is always a manager willing to help
Pros
Friendly
The most enjoyable part of the job
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Being able to keep seniors as independent as possible. Being apart of their daily lives and learning each one’s history was fascinating. We had so many residents that were previously in the movie and entertainment business
Pros
Great management
Cons
No breaks for department heads
Good Company
Executive Director/Administrator (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 21, 2019
Liked it in the beginning. Not sure of the direction of the company now. Can't seem to find their identity. They have large growth plans and that's commendable. Not confident they are going about it the right way.
Stress free and relaxed
Engage Life Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Fun job with plenty of interaction with residents. Many events where employees can join residents to. Management is willing to work with family or school life.
Pros
Free lunch and good benefits
Cons
Not enough hours for this position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss