Atria Senior Living Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cinco Ranch, TXSeptember 13, 2018
The managers were incompetent, selfish, and overall uninterested in working as a team. Our supervisor was almost never seen and quality control was something that nobody focused on. The residents were always upset with the wait time for their food which took a toll on the waitstaff.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor pay
If you like serving elderly people and achieving wisdom good thing
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy serving the elderly not everyday was great because you have good and the bad you deal with people from all walks of life not everybody happy some are miserable you have to understand people are set in there ways . Always greet with a smile you will win every time.
Pros
Free dinner and funny people
Cons
No breaks and under paid
Employed for the right reasons
Director of Culinary Service (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2018
Developing programs to enhance senior living experience, adhering to fiscal responsibilities, training and development of hourly employees
Senior management not always following throughout, principles of accountability creatively avoided...
job
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, ILSeptember 10, 2018
The company is great place to work and assist with the residents, I learned so many skills that help provide care for the residents. I am certified in CPR.
Pros
good place work
Cons
pay rate to low
This was volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 9, 2018
Great place to volunteer. You will get to talk with many unique people who have great stories to tell. I have nothing of significance to add about the people who do actual work there, as I was not a part of that role.
Bad
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 6, 2018
Worked for atria for more than 10 years , with an amazing experoence throughout the years and they decided to fire the oldest employees accusing us , lying they did not support the old employees.
Pros
Customers are great
Cons
New Management is awful
Loving creative place to work
Resident Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Atria is not just a job, but a place to call home for so many people.. Atria is home away from home, the atmosphere is filled with warmth and love. I would recommend this job to anyone..
Pros
Free family and fun
Cons
Short breaks
Dedicated to Senior Care
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 5, 2018
I worked for this organization a short time and many years ago. I don't feel qualified to give a review at this time as many things have changed in the industry.
I have already reviewed this job before
Waitstaff/Customer Service/Caregiving (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 4, 2018
I enjoyed the residents of Atria and some of its hardworking employees. However, the pay was deplorable, and they expected too much for the low wages. It could be backbreaking work at times.
Not caring enough to residents
Wait Staff/Server (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYSeptember 2, 2018
The job itself was fine. Working with be residents was great, getting to know them was my favorite part. However, it’s always understaffed, one person serving all the tables when there should have been four. There’s a ton of side jobs to do like stock the kitchen residents could eat from, prepare salads, and condiments, and drinks that weren’t split up evenly. If anything, that was the hardest work involved(just because of the time you had to get it done). Management looks down on you and only talks to you when there is something wrong. I would never recommend anyone to come to this facility.
Pros
Free meal, good hours, flexible
Cons
Extremely low pay, short break
One of the best in the business
DIRECTOR OF CULINARY SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2018
Atria is one of the best Senior Living companies in the US and Canada.

Great support from top to bottom. They will not and never have let me down in any aspect!
Medication technician and caregiver
medication technician and caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 30, 2018
I have been involved with Atria Senior living for about 4 years now and it is great. I have had the opportunity to work in different departments where in each I was able to learn and experience new things, Atria definitely helped me build my professional resume and experience.
Hours are sporadic
Companion/Helpmate (Current Employee) –  Darien, CTAugust 30, 2018
I worked with one delightful woman who has since passed away.
I still work with a very special woman on occasion, since she know requires 24/7 care. I like working and helping out, seniors are quite interesting.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Lack of hours
great company to work for, the managers were very nice, helpful. A lot of training programs were at company.
Concierge desk specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78759August 29, 2018
I spend the best time at Atria, a lot of benefits , educations options, learning, I enjoyed the experience, its a great company to work for, the only reason that i moved is that i took higher position with my education field.
Atria Senior Living is a awesome company to work for
Community Business Director (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 28, 2018
Atria Senior Living has given me the opportunity to grow in my position. They are dedicated to promoting within the company and willing to support any personal and professional growth you need. They are great to their employees and the benefits are great.
Pros
Plenty oppertunities for growth
Cons
Work load can be stressful at times
There were a lot fun things they had going on along with pool table, bingo, t.v room
Food Prep/Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 28, 2018
I never had a typical day at work. What i learned at this job was to to make sure every customer were satisfied with their food drinks and and people. The management was very good i loved how the place was being maintain and safe and clean environment. The hardest part of the job making sure everything got done and the customers were happy and smiling. the most enjoyable part of the job was to get to know each and last customer how u get to interact with them and know how they lived and came from.
Pros
At the job we did get free lunch and the food was very delicious there
Cons
The cons of the job was we had half and hour break which was really nice
fast pace under paid good only as a second job
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYAugust 27, 2018
this job would be ok if the paid was better and the people was a little more polite and thankful but that what happens people sometime with money don't know how to appreciate good help treat people like you want to be treated.
Pros
the good make up for the bad
Cons
no breaks alot of work little pay
Its a very good place to work. Many options available for you.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 27, 2018
I enjoy working with my staff on a daily basis and the people that live there are great also. Our upper management are of the charts. Cant say enough about them and the way conduct daily operations.
Pros
It is such a good and homey place to work with many options.
Cons
At my level there is not much room for advancing.
To long for advancement
Resident Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYAugust 26, 2018
Been with the company for a very long time and to get a promotion or more pay is so difficult.
staff is amazing , love the residents , but staff is underpaid for what they do
Very Poor Management / Always Understaffed / Safety Issues
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 25, 2018
The recent management team is very poor. In the several years that I have worked here the incompetence of the management has gone straight down hill.

When I would try to reach out to them for something they would either lead me in the wrong direction or were just not there at all. There have been multiple occasions when I was short-staffed and had to put my team members on the LG unit leaving me to be alone in my unit.

This was unsafe for myself and for the residents.
Pros
Helping the residents
Cons
poor management/ safety concerns for the staff and residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss