Atria Senior Living Employee Reviews

Teamwork oriented and fast paced.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 16, 2019
I've been at this company for almost two years now and I have had more good days then bad, you get the odd day when things are more hectic but otherwise you can always count on your teammates to lend a hand if needed.
Pros
Paid time off, health care, free meals.
Cons
Some difficult residents, and its a lot of work.
Fast paced
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Hold on! Its non stop for management. Managment plays a key role in the community. Very demanding for managers, requires long days and long weeks. My manager is awesome though!
Wonderful work environment
Administrative Assistant & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Working at Atria Senior Living provided a wonderful work environment. You become family with the residents and the management takes good care of their employees.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Working holidays
okay
Resident Assistance (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2019
A typical day was very busy and stressful. I learned to come in and do what was required. management was not a great force for the staff. Everything else it does not require discussing.
worked in dining room
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Didn't work many hours due to being part time. First job I ever had. Learned how mean other people can be and how it makes for a negative workplace. Hardest part of the job were the staff. I can't say I had any enjoyable moments there unfortunately.
Pros
breaks
Cons
unfriendly staff
A mixed cultured environment
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 7, 2019
atria is a medium paced workplace . All the residents are pretty nice and easy to get along with. They are memorable people, like you could never forget them.
Their goals are to make money and look good.
Resident Medication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Atria as a company doesn't care about you or the residents. They care about money and meeting/ exceeding state guidelines. Everything else in-between doesn't matter as long as it looks good to the higher ups and state. Also none of the corrupt personnel could agree on what "Atria Policy" was so a new one would come in every 3 months stating a different way to operate our facility. There always seemed to be a bad communication issue amongst them.
Pros
great benefits for a entry level job
Cons
residential rent was outrageous, poor communication of expectations
Poor Management over all
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJanuary 1, 2019
I wouldn't want to put loved one in an environment such as this. Workers are lazy and don't truly care about their residents.
Management plays favoritism.
Terrible organization
Executive Chef -Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYDecember 30, 2018
They have an internal number for complaints (a Hotline). If you work for them and feel threatened in any way Sue them and don't hesitate. Terrible company to work for.
my thoughtof the job i had
Med Tech (Current Employee) –  New York StateDecember 29, 2018
I loved the residents in which that was the reason for me being there the perks that we did get were good I must say just alil problems nothing major tho
Beautiful building with so many issues.
Work as a certified nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 29, 2018
Management is horrible, once you make a mistake you’re a horrible person. Too much gossip and chit chat. Overworked and underpaid. My advice ? Don’t work there.
Pros
nothing honestly
Cons
no time for breaks, underpaid, gossip
Great Place for Growth
Community Business Director (Current Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYDecember 28, 2018
Atria senior living is a great company to start a managerial career at. The company is always promoting growth and hiring from within. Just a great experience overall working here.
Fast paced, over bearing mission statement
Director of Culinary Services (Former Employee) –  Ardsley, NYDecember 27, 2018
To much corporate back and forth.
Weeks to hire staff due to corporate procedure.
just enough resources to barely keep things going.
Not a lot of team work between departments.
Pros
Salary is decent but is definitely earned.
Cons
Long hours, lack of team work, little corporate support.
Upper Management is Harsh and Judgmental -- All They Care About is $
I would rather not say (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 26, 2018
I worked at an Atria senior living community in Northern California and I loved my job, the residents and my associates; however, the Corporate Office Managers and directors were very harsh and judgmental. Even after moving in 8 residents I was raked over the coals due to having lower move ins the previous months. I could give many other examples of being treated unprofessionally, disrespected and judged very harshly. I will not go into details here, but I would suggest staying away from this company. They talk a big talk but do not follow through with fair and kind treatment of employees. Watch out!
Pros
Great residents, free lunch, and wonderful co-workers, and good pay
Cons
Health benefits not good and treatment by the corporate office not good
Too Many Unqualified Managers
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2018
Environment was very toxic due to people seeking favors with management. Poor Management from the top - down. Staff was dictating what job they will do and not do.
Pros
Free Lunches - when appetizing
Cons
Poor Management
Fun working environment and fabulous wokers.
Resident Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CADecember 26, 2018
I loved my job and would still be there today if it weren't for the fire. People genuinely cared about making it a safe work environment both physically and mentally.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Atria Senior living
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJDecember 25, 2018
Very short handed staff in most depts. Alot of work for very little pay. After 3 years you only make $.50 cent raise. great job for school kids who don't mind making 9.00 an hour and working 25 hours a week. If you do not have patience and cannot except favoritism I wouldn't recommend applying here. If you are a hard worker who enjoys low pay with yearly 15cent raise I wouldn't hesitate to apply.
Pros
Free lunch. Decent break
Cons
Short staff, favoritism
busy place
Resident Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 21, 2018
I was a RCC there and enjoyed it while it lasted. I got to fax file scan and up lode things to files on computer audited the med room I liked doing it but the med aids did not always be nice and was rude and did not listen to me.
Wellness
Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYDecember 18, 2018
I Love working at Atria. The Environment is Positive.It started out rocky because some people were not very welcoming to staff. I really love the improvements and new management.
Pros
Resident Care
Cons
Low pay
Sucks
Server/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CADecember 16, 2018
Favortism at its finest. All management treated their employees unfairly. Never would work here again. I do not recommend anyone to work for this comany
Pros
2 breaks and 45min lunch
Cons
understaffed, treated unfairly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight