Atria Senior Living Culture reviews

Found 193 reviews matching the search See all 1,006 reviews
Front-of-House Manager (Former Employee) –  4095 Washington rdJuly 15, 2019
Great place to work. Friends become family. I really enjoyed my time there. Great management that really focuses on team work and value of the person.
It was ok
Atria Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 14, 2019
I work there for six years in it was ok very great place . The mangers are very bad but the workers are good people. The kitchen where I work was good easy work.
Management is not good at all.
Cmt/Cna (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 14, 2019
I have learned that standing by your residents is not allowed! The ONLY enjoyable part about the job was some of the residents! The management is the worst people there!!
Productive fun work place
Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYJuly 7, 2019
Assisting the residents with shower's, grooming and interacting with the residents.
I have learned so much about my residents.
the management at Atria Glen Cove are great easy to talk to.
We have a mix culture at Atria.
The most enjoyable part of the job is sitting down and get to Know the residents.
Pros
Atria Rewards
Management is hit and miss on whether they are good.
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2019
I have learned from being here that to have a productive team is by encouraging the team with positive reinforcement rather than criticizing them regularly.
Communication between management and staff is not great. Many things tend to be overlooked or not said when it should have been.
Nice place to work
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 12, 2019
All staff there is super friendly and fun to be around. They try their best to work with your schedule. Good management for the kitchen staff. They try to make it as fun as possible for their staff and residents.
The place is ok to work if the RSD was different
RSA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2019
If the have a different RSD Atria would be a great place to work the RSD is horrible. The place would be a great place to work but when u can’t talk to ur supervisor and she listen to what you have to say it would be different
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The people around u
Great environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2019
The atria is a place where you feel comfortable, everyone is pleasant and cooperative. I enjoyed my time working there great people. I met a lot of people and learned new things.
Productive and fun place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  3817 Henry Hudson parkwayMay 30, 2019
It’s not a bad place to work. Sometimes it can be stressful dealing with waitstaffs. Hard work, competitive, supportive environment. Managers do their job and employees are expected to do their job.
Everyone works hard and is asked to take responsibility.
Atria
Life Guidance Director (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMay 22, 2019
Great company! They really put the residents first. Atria ED and AED are there to ensure that residents get what they deserve, not what they want. The building is also fabulous.
Just awful
Supervisor of Dietary (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 21, 2019
This company has absolutely no respect for its employees. Their wages are not competitive with other like companies. They also deliberately did not call back perspective candidates for hire so we could be fully staffed in order to save money and work us to death.
Pros
Interacting with the Residents
Cons
Makes promises they don't keep. Undermineds their employees. Full of disrespectful actions, and comments.
Disappointed with on site management
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2019
On-site day to day management is everything to the residents. As a director you have to put the residents first. My property was filthy, maintenance was not good and management was “not available” to the residents. The ED & CBD would sit in their offices eating and talking to each other half the day. They were rude and fake to the residents. They would fire the poor employees for nothing. Turn over rate was high and they promoted fear among their team. The RVP was blind to operational issues. All he saw was high occupancy not the filthy property, high turn over and unhappy work culture created by the mgmt team.
Pros
Salary and bonuses
Cons
Bad mid level and the top down management
Atria Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 17, 2019
I enjoyed working for Atria Senior Living. I was given a nice place to work which provided me with great experience. My coworkers were all very cooperative and assisted me greatly in all areas of need.
Stressful and lack of communication
Waitress (Former Employee) –  South Setauket, NYMay 13, 2019
Residents are adorable and serving them is a pleasure. Learned patience. Fun work environment, great coworkers who keep the energy positive. Hardest part is communicating with management.
Pros
free food
Cons
underemployment
Honestly i love to care senior people’s like my parents...
Driver (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 10, 2019
I’m from Philippines our culture is very big difference from others.We take care our parents until the last day of their life. I’m not compering our culture to others but new generation or millennials only few I say can take care their parents that’s all...
Pros
Love your parents and be nice to others with manners....
Cons
Don’t hit your parents and don’t say bad words ..
Productive and well kept
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  South Setauket, NYMay 6, 2019
productive, hard workers and competitive. it lets you intellect and interact with residents. you get to also help them. good benefits. a lot of opportunities for people who want to advance and grow.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
weird shift hours
Great place I loved it there
Caregiving (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAApril 17, 2019
Great company I love the job I just wish it wasn't gone and wasn't fired but the resident were wonderful and so was the co workers just the managers there were not as nice
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not always enough work
The residents are wonderful amazing people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 15, 2019
The residents are amazing people who I am so sad to be leaving but I wish management would do more about certain situations. Other than that it's a good place
Pros
1 meal per shift
Cons
Rude coworkers
Absolutely Awful
Dinning Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 28, 2019
One of the worst management teams. They could honestly care less about there employees or there residents that live there. If an employee tries to express.a concern or issue.mangers either walk away or look at you like you are beneath them. They lie to tours to get them to move in telling them we.offer services that they do not give them without added pay on there monthly rent or that they don't even offer at all. It probably also has one of the highest employee turn over rates because of there incompetence and the way they treat there employees. If they would just invest the money into there employees that they do into the palm trees out front people might actually feel appreciated. These employees are taking care of the communities family and they get paid like dirt and treated like dirt.
Pros
They do offer paid time off
Cons
No staff, No communication, bad managers, very uncompetitive pay
Full of vibrant people
Server ,Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2019
Was able to get the benefits of the position by serving the people and learning them. The environment was very settling and calm. Great people. Alot of fun nice people
Pros
Able to move around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight