Atria Senior Living

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

RSA are supportive of each other

ED & sales take in anyone. It's a social AL facility. Minimum staff and low wages. Boring games for residents to play. Terrible food. Nice residents and very helpful to Residential Staff Assistants

Pros

Friendly Residents

Cons

Low wages, Terrble upper management, Terrible food

Interesting and challenging but definitely great

I enjoy working for Atria, I have zero complaints. Coworkers are fantastic also, I feel at home, which is rare these days. I do not feel like I am just some person in a seat, but I feel like I matter

Pros

Friendly, Challenging, Wfh

Cons

401k isnt great

The lack of staff and their professionalism makes it difficult to complete your duties. They are always understaffed, the pay is too low, the training is not good enough, managers lack professionalism, organizational skills, respect and work ethic.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

They hire you with one purpose, and once you are working, they give you a huge load of extra work that is out of your scope of responsibilities, Sometimes there’s no lunch coverage, they threaten to fire you for almost anything, overall, it’s not a safe nor a relaxed work environment

Fun work place

Atria was a fun place to work, but the pay was low and raises were hard to get. Management wasn't the friendliest. My coworkers were nice and the residents were awesome.

Pros

Exciting work place

Cons

Low salary

It was a fun place to work.

I was a jack of all trades. I helped with activities and ordering supplies. My manager was sweet, I was part time so I didn’t have full benefits. But I always felt welcomed and appreciated. The pay was decent.

Pros

Kindhearted atmosphere

Cons

Short breaks

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Work life balance missing

Pay is good for those is in sales but no upward mobility in that track. Took away regional sales managers roles so you are stuck unless you want to go the operation route ( which has huge turnover). Management doesn’t really promote your growth and the constant turnover is frustrating. They dnt pay other department heads well to they burnout quickly and are not pot committed to the goals. As a sales person you are selling your tram members and if they are not too notch you will not succeed. Upper management doesn’t really listen to your feedback and brush you off. They want you working till 9pm on workdays which is straining.

Pros

Salary and bonuses for sales, good product to sells, Corp structure

Cons

No work life balance, no promotion opps for sales people

great place to work

Atria is a great work environment to work at and also really great benefits if you are part time or full time employee here. i dont have any bad things to say about this company

Pros

Free lunches, pto

Work overtime but won't pay you

Asking for us to clock out and come back and work they don't want to pay overtime and have no option when we are short staffed . No sick days. Used to be a great place to work but now it has become money hungry. Stopped bonuses and even stopped caring about birthdays for staff. Pay is not great you can find one on one with more pay and less work and people.

Cons

Management, work life balance, pay, growth

Do not waste your time applying here

Worst place ever to work. Management only supports their friends that also work there. Inept office staff that frequently lies about work conditions, advancement opportunities, periodic pay raises and work/life flexability. Compliance to any request is prefaced with threat of immediate termination for noncompliance. Work availability epectations are really: be available 24/7, 365 days a year. Fair warning: You will be asked by managers to "go the extra mile", and cover shifts for other employees only to be later chastied by department heads for getting overtime pay.

Pros

Offer of free meal

Cons

closest to practice of nepitism I have ever encountered

love the resident and cnas

I loved all of the residents and also cnas we are a team and work very good together on the other-hand management is not the best and the salary is not good at all for the amount of work done

Pros

great residents, great staff

Cons

short staffed, management isn’t the best

Corporate Needs to Listen, I Love My Residents

I love absolutely love my job and the residents in my community. I would do anything for them. I routinely stay late off the clock to spend time with them, help the community and be around the great residents and staff.I worked at Atria before, during and now post pandemic. I have never seen a more heartless company. Now let me clarify, the Directors at my community are wonderful, my problem is with the higher ups. They nickle and dime the residents for everything. The quality of the food is horrible through no fault of the cooks. The pre planned menus are awful and most days the residents just want grilled cheese sandwiches and comfort food. The wellness staff is always short staffed and expected to help out in other areas and can never truly give the residents the help they need. Engaged life can't get the residents out of their rooms because the calander from corporate doesn't interest the residents. Any events they do maybe have 10 attendees on a good day. The pay is well below average and you will be overworked and asked to help out in various other departments just to survive the day. I would never ever put my family into any facility run by this company.

Pros

Free lunch, some paid holidays

Cons

No time for breaks, overworked, underpaid, rare raises, corporate run

If you like to work yourself all day

At the time i was doing alot in the kitchen prepping cooking and cleaning it was ok to good at first. The staff was pretty good at first but when i found out about the turnover rate in the culinary department that's when i found out why people keep leaving. Alot of people like me were hired then one by one people dropped out of work. Management sucked over there and the head chef i worked for doesn't know how to manage anything always does things to the last minute and disappear and leaves early before anyone else to clean up messes and etc.

Pros

Good employees, benefits

Cons

Management, Bad Head Chef

Overworked and under appreciated

As a whole this company has a lot to offer their communities and employees, including several top notch resources, good pay/benefits, and longevity bonuses. However, EVERYTHING hinges on the executive director and regional VP of your community and how well those two people support the department directors. If the department directors are not properly held accountable or enabled, they cannot provide adequately for their respective staff members to succeed. It also seemed that Atria corporate was focused more on new and high end communities, leaving their older properties in a lacking capacity, which made it difficult for those communities to stay competitive against other local senior living/assisted living communities. Depending on your job, you may have a reasonable work-life balance, or none at all. Everyone rotates weekends and holidays, including directors. The residents make your time worth being there.

Pros

Free meal each shift and the resident relationships you form

Cons

Lack of work-life balance and lack of appreciation for the work you do

Low moral and bleak future outlook from all staff members

Worked in the kitchen for years through many highs and lows but enough was enough and management made it clear that things were not going to get better. The work is easy and you will find yourself stuck in the same position for a long time without promotion. Unsure on current wages here but unless they become competitive soon there is no real incentive to work here if you have prior experience.

Fun Place to Work

People here work hard but play hard too. People are friendly. Must be comfortable with change to work here. Decisions come from the top.

Pros

work atmosphere, fun coworkers

Cons

health benefits, lots of turn over

Applicants beware

Unfortunately the employee is just a pon just an end to means they pretend that the company is all about the resident that the company is all about the employee and once the curtain is pulled back the real business is shown and unfortunately unless you are sitting at a top position you will be ground it into the ground they will dangle a carrot in front of you they will make promises and they will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you in the door but once that happens good luck. I have 100 hours of PTO and anytime I attempt to use it get pushback. We are expected to work extra hours you're expected to work your days off your work vs home life is skewed home life comes second work always comes first and they do nothing to hire more staff to ease the work load. Anyone looking for work here do your homework before you go in particularly this location of Sierra Pointe in Scottsdale. To top it off compensation is the worst in comparison to any other retirement facility within 50 miles you have to fight tooth and nail for a $.25 raise

Great community of people

I love the residents and the employees are very friendly. Management supports growth, and it is a calm/safe work environment. You also get a free meal, which I was never offered by any other company I’ve worked for.

Pros

Free lunch

Fun place to work

Atria is a nice place to work , the only thing is the fact that the salary Could be better , besides of that nice experience there, most of the residents were so nice , very clean place , nice people.

Pros

Free lunch and parking lot

Cons

Pay poor

No communication from management to employees

It’s an okay job, pay is not fair at all. Poor communication and very disorganized. A lot of times it doesn’t seem like management knows what they are doing making it a stressful work environment.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

pay

Management is the worst

The executive director will get everything handed to them. If you have to work short you're screwed. I have been working with just two other people since March with absolutely no help from anyone else! And the executive director takes days off or weeks off at a time. Unreal! No work life balance at all! No fair opportunity for anything either.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything. No breaks no teamwork no days off

You grow with your time here. Always learning more.

One if the greatest jobs I ever held. Family environment that actually placed residents first. They love to advance from within so you are rewarded for excellence. Great communication between departments.

Pros

Complete backing with corporate aid when needed. Full benefits.

Cons

Due to shortage of employees, long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atria Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight