Atrium Health

Atrium Health Employee Reviews

United States1,837 reviews

Found 1,837 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,861 reviews
chscarolinapatienthealthcareteammatehospitalhealthcmc

Good place to work as long as you're in a good department

Atrium's a good place to work. I am proactive but unfortunately managed to get into a "this is how we've done it for 20 years" department and things went south for me.

Promotes work-life balance

Atrium really looks after their employees! Great place to work and highly recommend! Management always has your back and are very flexible with accommodating your needs!

Atrium Health insights

Based on 1,033 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

2nd Largest Healthcare Organization in US

Atrium on paper can be a very enticing place to work. They have access to just about anything and everything. They have sites everywhere. The problem, I think, is that they have a take it or leave it attitude with new hires.

Endo tech is important job skill level necessary.

Employees are just a number. Coworkers are great. management is disconnected from employees. Dysfunction and gossip is the normal. Overworked and underpaid.

Pros

Discount program locally

Cons

Untrustworthy management/ coworkers

Teamwork

Overall great teammates but does not pay fairly. Benefits are okay. One benefit that stands out to me is the tuition reimbursement program. Continuing education is encouraged but not compensated after the fact.

Love the atmosphere!

Loved the company. The benefits were great as well as employee morale. Training was about two weeks and then you were able to do the job yourself. Lovely experience.

Neutral

I worked both inpatient & LTC w/ Atrium Health. Pay is not the best but not the worst, could be a little more competitive for surrounding associations.

Good job

I liked working there. It was a good job to have. I would recommend this employer to anyone looking for a good stable steady job. Would love to get back on there now.

Money Driven

I understand that medicine is a business and there are things that we need to do in order to keep the lights on but there have been increasingly questionable decisions being made by the C-Suite which continues to degrade patient health care.From poor direct leadership/management, angry patients, an offsite scheduling suite that makes an incredibly amount of errors, and a brand new EMR with a lack of training or time off (Yes, we had to take our own PTO in order to train on EPIC), there are very few things to like about Atrium. The retirement plan is quite good though.

It's a job

I worked here as a nurse for 12 years. It worked for me and my family. There are lots of benefits to working for a huge company, but the pay tends to be lower than other places.

MUCH better than surrounding hospitals

Like every hospital, the people in suits that have zero clinical interaction make all of the decisions for us little people. With that being said, being a giant hospital, you have all of the resources. Pay sucks. Pay raises are a joke. Experienced nurses are training new graduate nurses who makes a couple of dollars less. Slap in the face.

Productive, Great team

Overall great place to work. Our manager is amazing, and the whole respiratory team works well together. The team work here is amazing! As a fairly new therapist, I'm glad I'm here.

I love my staff, they bring me to work each day

Health benefits is one of the things that keeps me in this company. I have searched other jobs but cannot match what I have now in terms of benefits. Policies and guidelines are in place but then that depends on department managers if they put it into action. Great communication system. Overall, great organization to work for.

You can find a better healthcare organization

Atrium doesn’t value their employees you just another body in the seat for them. Leadership doesn’t know how to lead and the pay is not even close enough to the job they want you to do. No one can & want to work for a company that clearly don’t care for their employees we are human, get sick, and have family too. It’s ok for managers too miss time but a problem when an employee does.

Cons

Benefits, pay, management

OKay, could be better

Fast-paced and busy work environment. Not much managerial support, staff are mostly friendly, some can be rude. Overall, okay working environment for nurses.

Overworked not enough help

Overworked not enough help. Like most healthcare places not enough people work there. Not a lot of PRNs for time off. Transport employees kept moving to different shifts/jobs and sometimes were non exist. Makes job hard to do your job and theres. Doctors order MRIs like they are going outta style. Would have 30 patients and counting often times.

Pros

Loved my MRI coworkers

Awful work experience

Disappointed with the staff and management how they handled matters. Getting let go from a position you always wanted at one point only to be treated with such disrespect and abuse literally was unacceptable.

Great staff and training department

I loved working for Atrium. I was there for 10 years and enjoyed most of my time. The compensation package was very fair and the company provided many gun activities to encourage company morale and upper management was very transparent with growth and changes in the healthcare system.

Pros and Cons just like every place

Pros are tuition reimbursement and chidlcare reimbursement. You also have the ability to transfer internally. However, it is very difficult to transfer and promotions are hard to come by. Generally management is bias and it is very difficult to find a department that has good management.

Great place to work, management was great. I enjoyed caring for the patients, it was the best part of the job. Night shift was getting to be too much to juggle for me, that’s the only reason I left.

People willing to assist.

I was a part-time checkin and checkout clerical staffer at 5 different locations in the Charlotte area; Working exclusively with Sanger Heart & Vascular patients. I enjoyed the challenge but felt there was very little training, most of which was on the job experience and relying on co-workers to help when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atrium Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Atrium Health with

Studying at Atrium Health

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Atrium Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?