Atrium Health
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Atrium Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,594 reviews matching the search
wouldnt return to work there. could be stressful at times. managersc played favorites alot. the good thing is there is alot of opportunity to transfer
Atrium is a great place to work. They really care about their employees and their patients. I recently transitioned to another hospital system and I can say that Atrium's standards of care are superb. If it wasn't for the shift I got, I would've never left. It was a great experience and pleasure to work with them.
Good place to work. Pay is ok but not as good as local competitors. Varied jobs but hard to move. Insurance is mediocre. Overall I would recommend
I worked with a great group of people. The work is challenging in a good way. The facility was huge so it took a while to learn my way around. It is fast paced which makes the 12 hours go by fast. I believe most of the shifts are 12 hours. If that’s not for you don’t take the job. It can be rough. Paid time off builds up quick. Use it as to not get burned out. You can also make lots of money because overtime is plentiful.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours with at times little breaks
What stands out to me is they don't pay good raises, because excuse is there isn't enough department funds. You'll look-up and see another building being built by them.
Pros
Coworkers are like family!
Cons
2% wage increase!
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
wow, it's crazy how unprofessional and unorganized this hospital is! I work in the Operating room at this level 1 trauma center and it's so unorganized. Management is all about turning the other cheek when it comes to "anything" that you may bring to the table. If you bring up an actual problem, it becomes "your new project" to work on without any notice/reward. Pay raises are a joke!
Pros
I get PTO when I request it in my dept
Cons
Mgmt is terrible, so unorganized, no real guidance
This is a good job for any nurse. The company has began to show new ways of caring about the staff and the patients. Throughout the pandemic, they really strived to make sure nursing personnel and all patient facing staff had the appropriate ppe.
Pros
Feel appreciated
Cons
Sometimes patients are very nasty
Good Busy from start of day to end of day. Learned how to cook pack food. Was a cashier sometimes , Transferring accounts to the different insurance billing departments according to the bill specific needs. Triples system user. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the call under 5 minutes while correcting the acct that the previous Rep failed to do. Most enjoyable part of the job is the patients and co-workers.
Pros
Night shift was good
Cons
Hard to sleep
Overall, this a great organization to seek care. Leader in healthcare innovation. Working here can be tiring due to the volume of patients and teammates but I respect the mission, vision, and value that Atrium exudes within the community.
Pros
Good Pay, Efforts to Improve Diversity
Cons
Can be stressful
Atrium Health is a customer driven company. They care about their perception in the public domain. Senior management encouraged work life balance. I want to return to Atrium Health in the not too distant future.
Overall, working here is nice. I have had the best nurse manager. The company is nice, when I had my son, I used all of my maternity leave during the pregnancy because of some complications, after I had my son, they said it was up to my manager if she would allow me to have an extended leave. At the time, I didn't qualify for any type of short term disability. They were great to work with and very understanding. The pay is average for the area.
Pros
Great management, lots of options for food, food is decently priced
Cons
Health insurance, short staffed
Great schedule and teammates at a facility that is close to home. Docs are nice to work with. Steady flow in the ER with pts who are mostly respectful. They don’t allow anyone to be rude to each other
This job is a wonderful get-your-foot-in-the-door kind of position. I’ve worked in several facilities and each one has their own pros and cons, but the ability to move around and transfer is way easier than your traditional companies. The first position I held allowed me to make my own schedule, but I had no benefits (other than limited retirement) since I was working on an as-needed basis for multiple facilities. Now as a full time teammate, I think the benefits are fair.I’ve never had an issue with management and I feel extremely supported when life gets in the way. This job can be hectic and stressful, but never boring! It’s truly what you make of it.
Pros
Shift differential, great opportunities, supportive management
Cons
Hectic work environment
I've worked here several years and overall I'm proud to work for this organization. Like most jobs there are pros and cons. I've had great managers that made coming to work a joy and who really motivated the team and I had one who made my work life very challenging. I guess it depends on where you land and the rapport you build with your manager/team.
Pros
Culture and opportunities due to size of organization if you have right background
Micromanaging and poor teamwork. Management make it very difficult to valance family and work. It is very difficult to take PTO. This is great place to work if you are robot. They only care about the numbers and their employees is the last thing they care about.
I worked here for more years than I should have. I passed up many opportunities elsewhere because there were managers I did respect and enjoy working for because they valued the patients and our responsibilities to them. However as the place became more corporate those managers were replaced with one that simply didn't care and were in it to make the business more profitable. Patient care declined. Eventually, as people quit, the environment became toxic as everyone was replaced with dishonest, unethical employees. I will never go back.
Pros
Team was good initially
Cons
Patient care no longer important
Well we go in and do huddle then we get carts and go to out area. Which mine would be discharges usually when we get done doing discharges we go help other people in their areas.One thing you will learn is go and work and don’t be getting in gossip.well management in my department is awful it will never get better the culture is not good anymore I use to see a lot more people smiling.when there a lot of rooms on the bed board that I have to clean .I don’t enjoy it any more.
Pros
The Grilled cheese
Cons
Being around covid all the time need longer lunch
I feel like the whole time I worked on LCH I was defending myself trying to hold on to my position. Management shows favoritism and they treat the good people bad and the bad people good. I have fought fir my position so much I’m literally exhausted. You can have stuff in black and white and they will tell you e are not talking about that right now. The floor has no type of structure for the kids and staff talk to patients about other staff management etc. when you report it nothing is done. That floor is toxic
Pros
Cons
Lesson learned
Atrium home health is a premier agency second to none . I have worked for other agencies but not experienced the same level of excellency . Atrium is innovative and on the cutting edge of technology.
Cons
diverse, flexibility, poor health insurance, maternity leave for full time only, tuition reimbursement, opportunity for advancement, large organization
Pros
diverse, flexibility
Overall a good hospital system to work for if you work at one of their smaller community hospitals. The one negative is the constant bloating and the lack of support staff to support nurses.
  1. Employee Reviews