Atrium Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,231 reviews matching the search See all 1,240 reviews
Terrible Management. Worked 3rd alone twice a week . No room for improvement in management. Do not apply for 3rd shift linen Job
Linen Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2019
Terrible management. If you have any concern keep them to yourself, your manager doesn’t care about you . Job can be dangerous working alone which you do during 3rd shift . Lots of heavy lifting and fast environment. On your feet 8 hours . Training 3-5 days .
Great Company Culture
PATIENT ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day at work is filled with various problem solving across my 4 departments areas. I've learned a lot of patience and how to bring the best out of my teammates. Management has been very supportive and understanding of my talents and desires. The workplace has a very family based culture. The hardest part of the job is constant switching back and forth of the jobs to resolve each employees issues, while keeping up with all assigned projects from upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the various individuals who reported to me and how to push them to be better.
Needs better pay and medial benefits
Patient Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2019
The pay and medical benefits for employees needs updating. There is only one medical plan for all employees to choose from with an extremely high deductible.
Pros
Coworkers, team work
Cons
Compensation, medical benefits.
The most enjoyable part of my job is
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCFebruary 6, 2019
I love my job because i encounter different people everyday. Its a fast passed environment that keeps me on my toes and constantly thinking. I love that my teammates and I treat everyone with respect and enjoy coming to work.
Review
Registered Nurse / Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NC 28001February 6, 2019
Management was awful and got worse as the years went on. I worked for CHS for many years and no one was willing to listen to the staff and try to make more condition better. It had became unsafe for patients and staff.
I wish someone from Atrium would contact me about my time with the company. I would still be with the company if condition would have been better.
Work Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 4, 2019
I enjoy working with my coworkers best about my job.
Insurance benefits, work life balance, scheduling/staffing, and pay are the worst aspects of working for Atrium.
There’s opportunities for advancement if you seek it
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2019
Love the department that I worked in the company is very diverse it’s a teaching facility and you can take classes while you are able to work on campus many opportunities to volunteer love that as well
Pros
Learning availability
Cons
Big campus and it’s hard to get around
Productive place to work
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2019
Working for CHS was a great expreience. I learned new and exciting things that will stay with me for a life time. There are great opportunities while working for this company
Horrible
REGISTERED NURSE- Medical Clinic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2019
I have never worked for an administration that cared so little about their employees. The Charlotte Medical Clinic's focus is entirely money-motivated. They espouse a desire for good patient care yet chronically under-staff RNs, over work doctors and mid-level providers, and demonstrate no effort to retain seasoned staff. In addition, there is staff-targeting when one does attempt to speak up, I cannot speak for the whole of Atrium Health, but I can sincerely advise anyone in any role to avoid working for the Charlotte Medical Clinic. You WILL be over worked, underpaid, and more importantly you will not be shown any respect for the work you do or your opinions.
Did not work directly for Atrium
Catering Associate/Hostess/Runner (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 1, 2019
I worked for Sodexo, I have no issues with the actually company. And I have no issues with Atrium Health. As a whole I like the Atrium facility and love the Pineville Maternity Center.
WEO Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2019
Stop. It's great to make some extra money to catch waay up on Bill's. Terrible terrible management. Friends of friends are promoted regardless of experience. Lack of experience is a huge problem with staff AND patients.
Patient Care
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed working with my peers, and making sure the patients was always in good care, and the best service was provided for the patients. Always having a great attitude and smiling, in your work place.
Review
Live Answer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 29, 2019
While I was employed, the name of the company was Carolinas Healthcare and has since become Atrium Healthcare.
Each day, I answered telephones and scheduled appointments with various Dr's.
Pros
Extense training
Decent job
CNA2 med aide med tech (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 26, 2019
Pay could be better for our work load. Way understaffed And expected to work short handed way too often. Would like to see upper management help on the floor more
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Not enough help
Love my teammates
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJanuary 24, 2019
All atrium cares about is money. Laziness in the OR is absolutely appalling! Several “teammates” make their own rules and schedules and management doesn’t care they only make excuses. About half the or staff do not work and the other half makes up for it. I’m one of the lowest paid CSTs in this area!!!!
Cons
Being on call and not being adequately compensated
Great environment to work if you like helping people
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentJanuary 22, 2019
I have learned that patient is very important when dealing with the type of patient that we work with. The work place culture is good depending how much each individual is willing to put forth to care about each patient.
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Medicaid Billing) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2019
I loved my job at Atrium. I was given many opportunities as to strategies and leadership concepts. A typical work day was full of new issues with the openness to resolve. I learned that balancing and communication is very important in a leadership role. The workplace culture was very balance and had such a smooth flow. The hardest part of the job was keeping up in a dual role consistently. The most enjoyable part of my job was networking with other departments to learn different way to solve problems.
Pros
Educations
Cons
Needed more training with Policies
Great place for advancement
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2019
Atrium does an excellent job with training staff in all positions. Work place culture is very collaborative.
Good support from upper management. Company is culturally diverse. Respectful of everyone.
Positive and fun place to work
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Working there was very intense but exiting, I learn a lot and more from my pears around me. Understanding what i do is really important to know that i will help people in the end.
Pros
pay days off earned by fun challenges
Loved it
2 (Orthopedic) Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company. Id like to go back but financially i cannot afford to be employed there. They don't pay enough per hour. Benefits could be better.
Pros
Great people
Cons
average pay, not great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atrium Health. Our community is ready to answer.