Atrium Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,248 reviews matching the search See all 1,257 reviews
Review
Venipuncture Technician I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2019
Horrible management . It was thee worst job and work environment of my life. I did 5 years there. And it never got any better. I stayed for the overtime.
Lots of change occurring
Other (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2019
The amount of change is rapid, communication isn't as rapid which leads to inconsistent messaging and the appearance that leaders aren't competent or they just aren't being transparent.
I like Atrium Health
Resource Team Nurse - PRN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2019
I like Atrium Health it is a great organization to work for with the ability to change positions annually. I have been working for the organization for several years and have been able to change within the organization.
Excellent Place to Work
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2019
Overall, this was an excellent work experience. The hire time from application to actual start date may take a while, some people had months between their interview and hire date. The management changed often, but the team itself was cohesive and a lot of fun working with others. They celebrated all special occasions: birthdays, weddings, baby showers, etc. There is room for advancement, but you must look for these opportunities yourself. Often, the openings are not mentioned by management.
Teammate Engagement is Important
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2019
I manage a high performing team that cares about the work they do and the patients we serve. Being in leadership is not easy, but I have worked hard to build trust with my team and it shows in their cohesiveness and teamwork. It is important that they their concerns are heard and Atrium makes a great effort to do that. The only thing I would complain about is that the health benefits could be better.
Too much drama.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2019
It is not what you know or do job wise, but who in management you are friends with. Who you know determines how much you are required to do/or not do in any given day.
Cons
Low pay, terrible healthcare benefits for a medical company, no chance for bonus.
Fast Paced environment where you get to fulfill your passion and take care of people
Access Outreach Specialist Sr. 2 (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 6, 2019
Atrium Health is a great place to work, learn, grow, and advance. Compensation and benefits need to be improved to become more competitive with other systems.
Good company to work for!
Medication Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 5, 2019
This company had excellent benefits! They really encourage you to advance in your career. The hardest part is the can at time be short handed but you get that anywhere you work in healthcare. Overall Good company!
Productive and helpful environment
Anesthesiologists (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2019
A place where many people are cared for and helped. I've learned to customer service an OR equipment and practices. The most enjoyable thing about my job is helping people.
Daily Life In Behavioral Health
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2019
Unsafe patient to staff ratios
NO support from upper management
FAST turn over for all disciplines
Expensive and poor benefits
Due to open holes in the schedule, at the very least, there's opportunity for OT.
Pros
Coworkers
My day
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2019
The best part of my job was that it was autonomous. However, I was very overqualified for my job so it was not challenging and there was no room for advancement.
controlling work environment
Works as Resource Team RN. Floats (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 27, 2019
I would not recommend Atrium health. The work environment
was toxic on some units. I did not have the option to work prn even though I was hired to work PRN.
Nice Atmosphere with Poor PTO and Health Insurance
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2019
Atrium is a nice place to work as far as an office setting goes, but can get noisy at times. Management seems nice all around and listens to concerns. They give you flex-time and allow various schedules for a better commute/family atmosphere. The work I did was in a cubicle setting with enough space to move and work, but I feel like I am just there to clock in seat-time instead of actual work-time. My department is salary (which is paid above average), but they treat us like hourly workers instead. Also, we do not deal with patients and they treat us like hospital staff for PTO (must use PTO for holidays - Christmas, New Years, etc). Health insurance is a one option take-it-or-leave-it proposition. It is a HDP with the highest premiums I have ever paid. They basically make you go to their doctors and still charge an arm and a leg. Forget going to Novant even if you are dying as you will leave your heirs a large medical bill. Dental and vision cost above average but the benefits there are great. 401(k) match is 4% if you provide 6%. They also give additional money for HSA and such. I like the place, but my last job spoiled me and was much better overall. I would recommend if you enjoy healthcare.
Pros
Salary, flexible schedules, friendly atmospehere, random perks
Cons
Health insurance, PTO used for holidays, noisy atmosphere
This is a great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2019
This is a great company to work for and allows for many educational opportunities and growth with in the company. I feel grateful for the many opportunities that I have had with in this company
Productive work environment, employee-centered, patient-oriented
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 21, 2019
Job was well defined. Compensation not commensurate with my experience and qualification. Advancement was limited and management was results oriented. Excellent job culture.
Good company
Transport Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2019
Great company to work for not to mention the perks that come along with working here. Love the atmosphere with the co workers that you have in each department.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Pay
Terrible Management. Worked 3rd alone twice a week . No room for improvement in management. Do not apply for 3rd shift linen Job
Linen Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2019
Terrible management. If you have any concern keep them to yourself, your manager doesn’t care about you . Job can be dangerous working alone which you do during 3rd shift . Lots of heavy lifting and fast environment. On your feet 8 hours . Training 3-5 days .
Inspiring place to work
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2019
Learning new things and finding new ways to complete tasks. Things must get done and theres always a process to get them done. Communication is everything it makes easy work simple and without it tough tasks are tougher. Prioritizing where to be when everyone thinks they need you right away. When a plan comes together and everyone is relieved.
Pros
Teamwork
Great Company Culture
PATIENT ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day at work is filled with various problem solving across my 4 departments areas. I've learned a lot of patience and how to bring the best out of my teammates. Management has been very supportive and understanding of my talents and desires. The workplace has a very family based culture. The hardest part of the job is constant switching back and forth of the jobs to resolve each employees issues, while keeping up with all assigned projects from upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the various individuals who reported to me and how to push them to be better.
Needs better pay and medial benefits
Patient Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2019
The pay and medical benefits for employees needs updating. There is only one medical plan for all employees to choose from with an extremely high deductible.
Pros
Coworkers, team work
Cons
Compensation, medical benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atrium Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Atrium Health.

Powered by Comparably