Atrium Health
View all Atrium Health reviews

Atrium Health

Atrium Health Coding and Reimbursement Specialist Review

Only focused on productivity

I was a coder at AH. My team was good but everyone was guarded wrt knowledge sharing, hardly any collaboration. In order to learn more I always volunteered to cover for someone when they took PTO as that was the only way I could develop my skills. Multiple requests to leadership to work on other specialties to learn more were ignored. This was not because I was bad at doing my work. No support from leadership to grow within the organization. Leadership is only concerned about their bonuses and higher management only concerned about revenue and not fixing problems related to database and software which made it harder to do our work - this could be because of multiple mergers because for the last 3 years they did not even have annual performance reviews.

Pros

Remote work with flex times

Cons

Poor pay, benefits and PTO. No opportunity to grow.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

The company is great but individual departments are often mismanaged

I love Atrium and all it does for patients and the community, but there is a staggering number of people in “leadership” who are not leaders but micro managers and have zero respect for the employees.

Pros

Great patient care, fair pay

Cons

Terrible leadership
Same role

Proud to work here overall

I've worked here several years and overall I'm proud to work for this organization. Like most jobs there are pros and cons. I've had great managers that made coming to work a joy and who really motivated the team and I had one who made my work life very challenging. I guess it depends on where you land and the rapport you build with your manager/team.

Pros

Culture and opportunities due to size of organization if you have right background
Same location

It’s a call center.

Seems like no one knows what’s going on. Turnover seems high. Invest in employees so they stay instead of training all the time. They don’t want anyone to know it’s a call center and they micromanage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atrium Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Atrium Health with

Studying at Atrium Health

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Atrium Health