Atrium Hospitality Employee Reviews

great company/ benefits are an 8/10
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 7, 2019
this company was very great to work for. They offer a lot of benefits including helping with schooling. I did not like how much the health insurance cost increased when you had a family member added on. It makes me feel like they aren't pro family but that could be a legality thing. Other than that I really enjoyed working for them.
Pros
helps pay schooling
Cons
higher cost of healthcare to add on a family member
Management had their favorites and don't train well.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 30, 2018
I had been working at the hotel for three years when new management took over. I adjusted, the best that I could, with new changes to my job in Laundry. Instead of retraining me from the start, I was reprimanded by the boss for not doing the job their way. The stress and building frustration finally took it's toll on me and I finally quit.
Pros
Working around my friends.
Cons
No communication from managers and lowered morale.
I wish I could of stay longer, and learned so much more.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 17, 2018
Wonderful work environment, friendly, and hard working employees. Management always willing to train and help out when needed. Business is extremely busy; especially because the hotel is combined with an exhibit hall, and the manner.
Pros
Extremely nice employees, extremely busy hotel
Cons
No technical support, but management and other employees managed without one perfectly.
Nightmare place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I worked at embassy suites Tampa the working experience was really hard didn't have no help busy morning an human resources was Terrible she was never there and the whole management was horrendous I would not recommend no body to work there
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Fun job while in Phoenix
Corporate Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2018
The company was a fun place to work for but then they relocated to the East Coast and the Culture was completely different out there. The CEO decided that there couldn't possibly be two offices and that everyone needed to be under the same roof as him with very few exceptions.
Cons
The company relocated to the East Coast
University plaza hotel
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 19, 2018
awesome place to work with fun and coropitive employees and staff. events keep you busy. the only hard part was they have trouble keeping staff so most departments are extremely understaffed.
Pros
$3 employee meal
Cons
too little staff per deparment to requrst days off or take vacation
good company
Corporate Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2018
caring, VPO's and SVPO really care about every associate at every hotel they manage. Want to create the right culture for everyone. Hiring the right amount fo corporate managers to handle the number of properties for support.
Atrium
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 23, 2018
Atrium is a growing company. They are learning as they go. The hotel that i did work at runs it a little different then the others. The GM thinks its still the 90s.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
to many meetings.
Productive and beneficial work environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIApril 25, 2018
I have been with Atrium Hospitality for over 6 months now and I am very appreciated with the benefits they give there employees. The working environment is well established.
Terrible made no money
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 22, 2018
I was super excited to work at a hotel but once I started working here they were in between a renovation so we finally went back downstairs and I was promised that the restaurant would be busy but nobody ever went in there every night I sat there while we maybe got a couple of room service orders but that was it there was no clientele it was absolutely ridiculous to work there.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 4, 2018
Enjoyed my time with them had a good boss, good benefits good culture treated people well good innovators great advancement opportunities would like to still be with them
Pros
all good
Productive and engaging workplace
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 22, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy my time working with the company because they helped me during a time in which I was wanting to grow. I appreciate the hardest part of the job in maintaining a professional composure as well as a charismatic spirit.
Poor Leadership
Sales (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLNovember 1, 2017
There is too much of a boys club mentality. They criticize the hard workers and reward the lazy ones. There is so much disconnect from leadership to the front line employees. There's a lot of talking about problems, but little to no action correcting the issues. It's about the bottom line.
Cons
No Holiday Pay, Little Communication from Management
Great company
Assistant Director of Operation - Hilton (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 30, 2017
Atrium is a great company but the distance from where I live is too far and does not fit to balance life style. It is stressful and micromanaged at times! Guest are used to getting what they want and they always receive it although at times is unreasonable.
Pros
Great GM
Cons
Bad Commute
Atrium Hospitality
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2017
Atrium is a new company struggling with all that comes with it being a new company. SOP's are ridged and management is top down. Corporate does not support the field but they try to make turn-key processes that do not work for every hotel in every market.
Pros
National company...owner/operators
Cons
No flexibility, no holiday pay, locked wages
Love the part time job
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
I would love to do this full time . Nice people and a great place to learn. New company so very adaptable and employee oriented.
only wish it was full time.
Amazing staff, interesting variety of events!
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Management is very understanding of personal circumstances, and will establish a personal connection with you as a worker. As a banquet server, I was never left wondering how to please each client, no matter the event (wedding, company meeting, convention, etc.)
Pros
Professional, fun environment
Cons
Variable schedule, variable hours per week
fun workplace/ like family
BANQUET CAPTAIN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2017
I really enjoyed my tenure at The Renaissance Charlotte Hotel and Suites. It was a family like workplace everyone supportive and caring .I'm going to miss them.
Great family-oriented workplace.
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2017
Friendly and helpful staff. Customer-service oriented. Team-centered approach to handling guests and performing daily responsibilities. Motivational management team.
Poor Management
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 28, 2017
All Managers hired are first time managers with no clue what they are doing. They actually told me they lied on their application to get the job.They date their subordinates and play favoritism towards them. What few employees the management is not romantically involved with are mentally unstable and throw and break company property/assets constantly. The worst mistake you can make here is to take this job seriously and be a team player. DO NOT WORK HERE!! RUN!