Atrium Living Centers Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 17, 2019
Once settled in, it felt like a team like atmosphere that had the same cause, to do best by the residents. Friends were made and lasting from working for this company. Management strongly encourage staff to move up in the company and are there to help that happen.
Exciting place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHMarch 13, 2019
I have been with the nursing department for a few months and although it may be fast paced- rehab center, the staff care for each and every patient. The staff gives their all to make the facility feel like home.
Pros
Great staff environment
Cons
Pay rate is not competitive
Productive, fast pace team
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 14, 2019
Great place to work. Large facility but clean. All staff is friendly and helpful. Fast paced. If you are only PRN or Part-time everyone is helpful. It’s easy to see why there is not much turnover.
Worst place to work !
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIJanuary 31, 2019
This place doesn't care about their employees, make you work overload and no pay advancements! management is rude. lots of employees are lazy and get away with it.
Pros
Residents
Cons
No raises, Rude people
Improving, exciting, looking for more talented nurses who love hospital post acute care!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Landerbrook Mayfield hts OHJanuary 19, 2019
Wonderful new team of administration, DON who values nursing talent and understands transitional care. I have supportive regional staff. Building is beautiful, friendly, nice environment to work every day. Looking for great post acute care RNs and Lpns who understand pace, complexity, and compassion needed to rehab clients back home.. A few more great staff and place will be best in area. Come work with us!
Pros
Staff, clients, flexibility, environment, location
Cons
Pay could be more competitive for experienced staff
New Management
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2018
The changes to upper management have the company moving in a positive direction. Changes in all aspects of the company from the corporate, regional, and nursing home staff.
Horrible place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 13, 2018
Poorly managed, DON/Administrator make promises that aren’t kept, lie about pay, use nurses as personal secretaries and keep them “off the schedule” to allude corporate. Only positive is the residents.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Not a good place to work
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 18, 2018
Low pay. Employees do what they want. Come to work hours late and the biggest thing for me was they have no DON Or ADON no ones want to stay everyone leaves
Pros
Nice place . Clean and new
Was treated horribly
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, MIOctober 3, 2018
I had to take a second job in home health and the admin called me and was extremely rude about me working with home health and working as a Cna with the company, she was gonna float me all around in dietary laundry and housekeeping (I was never trained in housekeeping mind u). I got my Cna to get away from dietary and laundry. I went in the next day turned my keys in and quit because of her.
Pros
Longer shifts, awesome coworkers, good teamwork
Cons
Not receiving my insurance cards that I was paying into, being treated horribly for taking a second job
Well its was a good experience and i learn alot from that job.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJSeptember 15, 2018
Oh alright it was a good company and they treated people right serve the food on time help people out with the food and feed the employees and the residents
Pros
Good food and nice people
Cons
Nice breaks and long talks
Poor management
Staff (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 1, 2018
No communication, poor management and Poor pay. Residents are mistreated. Seen alot of good employee's that cared about residents leave because they were treated bad, overworked and did not pay them enough. They replaced them with cheaper staff to save money and the new hires could care less for residents.
Horrible!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIAugust 16, 2018
Terrible environment to work in, very rude, mean staff. Would not recommend this place to anyone, whether working here or living here!!! Place should be shut down.
Pros
Very sweet residents
Cons
Residents not being properly cared for.
Laid off after being there 2 years and miss this place terribly
Schedule/Staffing Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
Due to the past president making poor financial decisions many of us managers were laid off. I understand why it had to happen but it was necessary to save the company I guess. The managers were kind and thoughtful, everyone was pretty stressed but it is what it is. I cant really say much about this place other than I miss it and the people were great. I wish them luck and recovery because it is a company that cares about its employees
Pros
good wages, work environment was good
Cons
financial issues caused many benefits and people to be cut
Fun caring and reputible.
Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, KYJuly 25, 2018
Love working with the elderly and enjoy the co workers. just looking to improve pay. Looking to better myself and help others frequently. needing more hours to accommodate my life style.
Productive and positive work environment.
Area Director of Utilization (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 12, 2018
Work place is enjoyable most days. There are times it can be stressful, as with most jobs. Company culture is positive. I have learned so much working for this company as they are willing to work with employees and provide education.
boring place to work
PAYROLL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2018
great opportunities for advancement if you like that kind of work,.willing to train you if you want to advance, The pay was good for what you did. the hours were great. It was a very nice office at the time. Had a park outside where you could walk on your break.
Pros
good pay
Cons
too quiet
Rude management and Overall Disrespect.
Dietary Cook (Current Employee) –  Dowagiac, MIApril 13, 2018
Disrespectful managers who will talk to you any kind of way. Constant ridicule, not caring or understanding to person issues at home. Rude co-workers. This has been one of the most drama filled environments I've ever worked in & I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. NOT EVEN TO THOSE IN DESPERATE NEED!!
Pros
Lovely residents. They are so sweet and lovely.
Cons
The entire faciltiy has no manners and or respect for anyone.
Ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allendale, MIDecember 11, 2017
No advancement opportunities

Pay doesn’t match work load

Horrible health benefits

Management is mostly nice, sometimes not around to provide training

Nice coworkers
good place to gain experience
Construction Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2017
I enjoy working here. It is what I like doing in construction. The pay is good and the hours are good. I just want to work closer to home so I can be home through the week.
Pros
good to gain experience
Cons
working away from home through the week
No communctaion or appreciation from management or coporation
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allendale, MINovember 30, 2017
There are a few staff members who have been working for a long time. Everyone else has a high turn-over rate, mainly due to pay and always working short staffed. Management doesn't care and the corporation as a whole is just out to make money (take a lot off the top) instead of paying at the bottom to make it grow. Truly sad to watch the place slowly crumble due to money and staffing.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Horrible pay, no communication