Atrius Health Employee Reviews

Outpatient Ortho PT
Physical Therapist, Outpatient PT (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 4, 2019
Out patient orthopaedic physcial therapist. 40 hours /wk with mainly adult patients. Developed spine, neck and back program. Good location but a lot of staff and supervisor turnover
Great company/employees not welcoming
Medical Secretary, Check-out Department (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJanuary 22, 2019
Fast paced but organized. Made workflow easy.
The opportunity to learn and grow was readily available.
The expectations were reasonable for your position.
management was approachable.
Diverse workplace culture.
hardest part of the job we’re the unkind co workers.
Workplace bullying despite reporting and request for help.
The physicians were kind.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Disregards workplace bullying because employees are good at their jobs.
The Titanic
Secret (Current Employee) –  Kenmore Square, MAJanuary 14, 2019
I have seen so many great people leave the company I think it is time for me do update my resume. It is clear that whoever is running this ship is no fiscally savvy. It is so sad to see a place with so much potential go down the tubes.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management and very little Promotion
Organize
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 9, 2019
Atrius has some supervisors and managers that are superstars. Work is more organized and delegation is better than what I have seen so far in other medical facilities.
Caring place to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 2, 2019
I love my job at Atrius. I love helping people. I have been with the company for 23 years now. I am interested in a part time weekend position. A family oriented company, takes good care of its employees.
Poor Managment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 29, 2018
Great benefits, but the work environment was toxic. Staff were not treated equally fair. Within 1 year, 3 people, including myself left, due to poor leadership and unfairness.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, and toxic work enviornment
great
Medical Assistant, Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 27, 2018
great place to work. I worked there as a medical assistant and I felt that HVMA had a great work culture and good opportunities to advance your profession
Bad management
Oncology Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2018
The management has changed since I began working here and they are now following the CVS model, in that all employees are replaceable. There is no recognition for hard work, and it is expected that you will do it all. Not a good place to work
Pros
location
Cons
they just pile on the work without genuine concern for patient safety
Good work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 18, 2018
my work life balance was great. I learned a lot about the industry and upper management was very helpful and was there to support me. I really enjoyed the workplace culture.
Excellent Oncologists and RNs caring for many kinds of cancer diagnoses
Registered Chemotherapy Infusion Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2018
I have worked at HVMA/Atrius for more than ten years. All co-workers are helpful and friendly. Management has changed over the last few years and it has been an adjustment for all concerned. Basically, my manager is available and responsive within an hour or two of any outreach. The workplace culture is helpful and patient oriented. The most difficult part of the job is the way the patients are scheduled in this outpatient setting. They frequently come in for treatment all at the same time and there can be a waiting list for them to get into a treatment room. This is disturbing to the patients and the RNs. This occurs because the doctors see the patients first and then send them for treatment. Many patients see different doctors but the same nurse, so three or four patients could arrive at the same time to be treated by one nurse and a gridlock occurs. The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day when I know I have made my patients comfortable, I have done the best for them during my shift, and they acknowledge my efforts with a "thank you." It is so gratifying to me, to be appreciated by the patients.
current employee
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2018
management is changing and they only care about the money and patients. employees have to do other peoples jobs and not get compensated for the job and no recognition for doing a two person job. management needs to figure that if an employee is doing a two person job there is no way that one side wont be as god as it was before. Management has very high expectations from employees. with the new supervisors in some of the sites there has been a lot more of micro managing.
Pros
some people can get compensated good
Cons
micromanaging, doing two person job, low salary for the amount of work
A company where you can grow
Medical Secretary, Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02124November 4, 2018
Harvard Vanguard gave me the opportunity to learn everything I needed to know about medical assisting. They moved me around to various departments in order to cross train me and I worked with some of the best doctors in Boston
benefits
Cons
long commute into Boston
Poorly managed financially, on the brink of bankruptcy, with viciously stupid and vindictive management.
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Post Office SquareNovember 1, 2018
Teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and about to start selling off departments (or the whole location) from Kenmore. Mid-level management is 'shaving' off employees thru intimidation, snooping and writing up for petty nonsense. My guess is they're trying to get rid of much of severance package as they can before the lay-offs start.
Used to be a decent place before the new CEO and supervisors.
Pros
None anymore.
Cons
Micro-management at its best, the goal to retain only the workers that don't mind being mindless robots, high probability of the company either going bankrupt or being sold into pieces.
Good Job
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  BostonOctober 18, 2018
Atrius overall is a good place to work with salary and benefits are good. There is no flexibility in schedule. They are making professionals punch in like factory workers
Pros
Good benefits
Downtown
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2018
I Loved the atmosphere and the people theat I have worked with. Our management was good and the educational part of the job was even better. I got to learn about the field I fell in love with.
Pros
I had to leave the position becasue of school
Cons
Fun and hard working environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAOctober 1, 2018
It’s overall a good company to work for. It’s the number 1 nonprofit in New England I believe. They generally care about their employees and try their best to put them first. The company is moderately laid back and have flexible-ish schedules. The pay is decent and the raises are ok. Benefits are absolutely wonderful. Very strict attendance policy. The coworkers were pretty fun and cool. A lot of room to grow but not too many opportunities for promotion.

Unfortunately, there was a Cvs influence that changed their value in employees and truly happy customers. So all the above mentioned things took a big hit except for the benefits. I came from a high stress environment that didn’t care about people at all. I chose this company because they cared but they drifted away from those morals which is what ultimately lead to my leaving the company.
Working for Atrius Health
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 30, 2018
I love my job, I get along with the cleaning staff, MAs, MS, RNs, Administration and MDs. It can be a personality thing. I learned EPIC, how to enter referrals, how to take PAs. The culture at my work is to get things done, return patient's call within 24-48hrs. It is a very busy workplace with multiple tasks that can happen at the same time, such as you have 2 patients to room while you are checking out a patient, while the pharmacy or lab is calling to verify an order and patient is waiting and in a rush, then another pt gets in the line to be checked out with a STAT MRI/CT Scan, then everybody starts to get frustrated, it does not happen often but it does happen. The work flow can clog up very fast, his is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Intense work flow
Miss My Job
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
I worked at Atrius for 5 years and really miss it there. I had to move to another state due to my husband getting a new job. There were a few people in upper management who were difficult, but overall, I enjoyed working with everyone and miss the interdisciplinary dynamic we had there. There really are some great clinicians there!
my current job
Operational Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 13, 2018
I'm not certain why I am being asked questions regarding Atrius Health. I will remain at Atrius Health for the foreseeable future. This is the best job I've ever had
great place to work
Refill and Prior Authorization coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2018
Everyone here is great, I really enjoy working at this office its an hour commute for me but I enjoy my job and everyone I work with from the doctors to the support staff