Atrius Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Managment
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
Management with very High egos to run their departments as they saw fit instead of following Facility Policies. Favoritism plays a big part. Your either part of the click or your not.
I learned a great deal working at Atrius Health.
P ractice Supervisor, Pain Manag ement, Spine (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2018
I was given the opportunity to attend seminars and workshops that were applicable to my job.

My departments were filled with cohesive workers and physicians with emphasis on the patients.
Pros
My co-workers, physicians
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 4, 2018
Hrvard van guard is a nice place to work and co workers are nice and supportive and supportive to fininsh school and get a different position at the company
Great place to start in the medical field
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 3, 2018
This was a great place to start my medical career. After eight years, it's time to go into a bigger organization. The tuition assistance program is great.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
need more support staff all around
its a great place to learn
RN, Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2018
I learned a lot while working for Harvard Vanguard, its a great place to work and learn. The nursing staff in internal medicine at my site was extremely supportive, they gave me and other nurses ample time to orient and supported mine and others career goals, I think the site I was at in PO Square Boston was particularly good. I have had the opportunity to train and work at other sites and never had a negative experience with those that taught me and those that supported me. If and when there were any internal staffing issues they were always addressed professionally with the goal of providing a good work place for providers as well as a good experience for patients.
Fast paced environment with great benefits
Specialty Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 23, 2018
It is a fast moving work environment with great individuals contributing to great care for patients. Day to day workload was manageable with the occasional ad hoc quick turn around deadlines.
Good workplace for physicians who don't want to manage their own practice
General Obstetrician/Gynecologist & Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
There are many benefits to working for a managed practice, but it's not for everyone. The lack of input into management decisions can be frustrating. There is some transparency about these decisions but it could be better. The people who work for the company are outstanding and are the reason providers and patients like it so much, and what's kept it going all these years.
Great environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 13, 2018
I loved working there. I was temp/contract employee but was treated very fairly.
The coworkers were so nice and always made me feel as part of.

I truly wish I could have stayed but position was only temp.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Nothing to say
awful place to work
Medical Claims Representative, Self-Pay (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 9, 2018
No work/life balance. No advancement opportunities unless you are related or friends outside of work with upper management. Stay away at all cost. Awful
manager was deceptive and manipulitave
Medical Secretary / Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 6, 2018
manager tried numerous times to "write me up" for being late, only problem was, I wasn't late! and I had company written, time-stamped emails to prove it
Medical Assistant at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 3, 2018
It was a good stepping stone for my career. I learned how to work with patients and be a good member of a care team. However, it was also difficult to deal with some physician personalities.
Major organizational restructuring
Manager (Current Employee) –  NeedhamApril 26, 2018
The organization is undergoing a major operational restructure which hopefully in the long run will be beneficial to all including the patients.

The organization functions in siloes depending on whose team you are on will impact your level of autonomy, decision making and upward mobility.
Pros
Flexibity to work from home
fast paced work place
Ophthalmic Technician/Certified Ophthalmic Scribe (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2018
HVMA is a great place to work at - it has a lot of room for growth and the ability to continue your education if you want. The doctors here are superb.
Pros
job security
Cons
dental insurance
excellent place to work
Practice Manager of Multi Surgical Specialties (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2018
Typical day at work busy with patient; Problem solving, managing day to day operation and training staff.
Workplace Culture. Lack of diversity at the management level. 'The company really care about their employee.
Pros
Training
Cons
Diverse
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 21, 2018
I enjoyed working here. The people were great! I learned so much and was able to apply my skills and learn new ones. The culture was good. The hardest part was the commute.
Overall good experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 19, 2018
I love what I do, I love my patients and the doctor I work for. However, the amount of work that I do any given day can be very stressful and I feel underappreciated at times.
More stressed than before
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 5, 2018
There have been a lot of changes at HVMA in the last couple of years and my job is not quite as exciting and eventful as it once was. They have also had to make reductions in several staff hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too much micro managing
Ever Changing
Manager of Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2018
Good work life balance, Decent time off, good health insurance choices, great co-workers, not enough people to do the job, management is not in-tuned to the common workers,
Benefits
Cons
Management, Salary
Educational
Medical Interpreter/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2018
I learned so much in this position, I was trained to be a medical assistant and Medical interpreter and translator. I worked as a receptionist at first and from there I moved on to other responsibilities which I very much enjoyed learning.
Good place for intern to gain pharmacy experience
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAMarch 1, 2018
Was an Intern here for 5 years performing technician duties. Highly recommend the experience as educational and found very supportive coworkers. Adequate working conditions and good patient population.