Attain, Inc Employee Reviews

It a low paying job, the requirements and the requirement are very difficult.
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
Difficult schedules, long hours, difficult staff, too much work and little pay. Most of the time only one or two persons does all the work. Working with the mentally challenged is not a job anyone can do. If you don’t have lots of patience, it can be a difficult job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N:a
The company is great
DSP (Direct Support Professional) and Lead Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
I love the company and would love to go back if I decide to move back to Florida. My supervisor taught me a lot sometimes I work double shifts to help the clients complete assignments. The hardest days was Monday coming in cleaning from the weekend staff
Horrible job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2018
PC's, HR, and upper management do not care or support their staff. Once you have a concern, management lies to you and tries to cover it up before it gets to the Executive Director. Not worth $9.50 an hour.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pay, benefits, support
Need to be strong willed.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Clients are very behavioral. Very stressful job. Overtime is excellent and job advancement is quick. The pay is not great but there is an abundance of overtime opportunities.
Pros
Overtime and job advancement
Cons
Very stressful
very poor place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2017
wouldn't recommend working here at all. they don't pay you well only 8.75 an hour and they offer me graveyard shifts for the same amount its hard to tame people in the home
Fast Paced work enviornment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part about working with attain Inc are the clients you edify. Knowing I can help ensure client safety and well being is a great feeling. I've learned allot on how to communicate with clients in Pre-crisis and full behavior.
Varies from hour to hour
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2017
Working with this company was fun I had a wide range of skills I could use I enjoyed caring for the clients. We didn't get vacation time as a DSP however, we get PTO
Pros
Got to enjoy outings with the clients
Cons
Not every Staff helps. I tended to have to do everything because the clients preferred me
It is a wonderful job if they paid better
Direct Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32804December 1, 2017
I enjoyed the tasks required to better improve the lives of persons with developmental disabilities. The pay was not that great and also you can get over worked
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no breaks, cant leave if there is no coverage
Behavioral Professional
Behavioral Specialist Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Taking care of 6 young men with mental disabilities,
In a group home setting.
Providing care, educated, teaching within the group home setting.
Administer medication , following with staff meeting and notifying
supervisor and families members,.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
vocation time
Stressful
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2017
Does not care for the people that work for the company to keep it up and running. Pay for staff members that have been there for years and who has been dedicated to the company is paid pennies.
Great Place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
Been with this company little over a year I wouldn't change it for nothing. The staff and Management has been great....if you enjoy working with people with disability this is the company to work for.
Rewarding job
DSP (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Overall, it very rewarding job. The clients are fun to work with. The hours and pay are the most challenging to deal with but otherwise not a bad gig.
Not focused on employee improvement
Analyst, Federal Services (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 22, 2016
Company management is more focues on growing business and winning more contracts. Most entry to mid level employees are underpaid when compared to similar positions at other companies, and the turnover in management prevents accurate performance reviews that are essential to career advancement.
Pros
401k, location, range of contracts.
Cons
low pay, small chance for career advancement
autistic boys in a group home
resident care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
The violent behaviors aren't for everyone but I have a special place in my heart for mentally challenged patients. It is all worth the smiles on their faces when they are having a good day.
Excellent Workplace
Confidential (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 9, 2016
People in my department are focused, driven, and easy to work alongside. The office culture is open and communication is easy and straightforward. I had a very good experience in my one year at the company. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to apply. The company definitely treats its employees well, fosters a friendly and focused company culture, and also looks to invest in its people.
productive and fun work place
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2015
A typical day at work was unpredictable. What I've learned you need love and patience to work in this field. Management is great. Co-workers are great to work with and you need dependable and reliable co-workers.
Greeat place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2015
This is great place to work if you enjoy helping others. I have gained tremendous patience. I have some great co-workers who are very supportive. The hardest part of the job is the high turnover. The consumers are very enjoyable. you can leave the job for years and when they see you out in the community they still call you by your name.
Great Place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2015
I started out as a part time employee, and within a year i had excelled and was promoted twice. The people are nce and there are always ongoing taings to help develop the employees.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Small company, turnover
great work place
Assist people (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLJuly 14, 2015
assist my clients with there daily needs.I learned how to build rapport with my clients. The management was very different.I love working as a team player with my co workers. Great team work with all my co workers. The hardest part of my job was helping my clients when they are in crisis. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my client happy with smiles on there face.
Pros
Eating meals with clients
Cons
hourly paid
Review
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2014
It is ok for a entry Home Health Aide. The work level is ok. Must work with people that would help you.