Attain, LLC Employee Reviews

Relatively low stress job, decent pay, little structure / mentorship
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2018
I work for Attain on-site at a large government agency as part of an application support team (can only speak to employment at this specific agency). This position was listed as a software development role, but is really tier 2 IT support - a common tactic according to my other coworkers. Attain hires lots of young people, who tend to leave after a year or two - most of my team has turned over in one year's time. Additionally, I have not seen any team members promoted to higher roles since I've been here - yearly promotions are in title only and do not convey any increased responsibility or compensation outside of the flat 2% increase given to all employees this cycle. There is little organization or structure in the team, and mentorship is entirely absent. Essentially, this feels like a dead-end job to me: good as an entry-level position, but not for a career. My coworkers are nice people, but there is very little in the way of company culture or camaraderie.
Pros
40-hour week and good schedule flexibility
Cons
No mentorship or defined paths for career growth
Small boutique consulting firm
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 18, 2018
Attain is a small consulting firm, with little to no clients in their Healthcare and Higher Ed division. As such, there is no job security. The managers are extremely unprofessional, and mislead their employees.
Pros
Good Salary, Work independently
Cons
No job security, lack of clients, poor managment
Good place to learn but not the place to advance
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 7, 2018
Attain is not a bad place to work, the environment is relaxed and so is the culture. However, almost all revenue is from government contracts so that stuffy government culture inevitably creeps in. There is plenty of work to go around and you can learn and stretch in various different avenues. One negative is the government technology which is usually out-dated. Once you're at the senior consultant level there isn't much room for advancement after that (which is where I was). And what they don't tell you during your interview (or at least not during mine) is that you're only valued based on your business development skill set. I was praised highly at both of my annual reviews but with little increase in pay or bonus and when I asked why, it rolls back around to business development. If BD is going to be the only way you're valued it should be explicitly stated during your interview and on-boarding process. My two cents. If you're interested in BD and proficient at it, this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
good people, relaxed environment
Cons
hard to move up
My Experience with Attain
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDSeptember 24, 2018
The pay and benefits were great. However management allowed a few members of the team to steal the show from everyone else, and that created a poor work environment.
Great support for contractors
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 25, 2018
Management within Federal Services provided great support to the contractors with weekly skype calls with other developers. This allowed opportunities to share ideas.
Government Contract
Program Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 18, 2018
I'm on a Government Contract. The communication from Attain to me is great. I check my Attain email to stay engaged gain information. It keeps me engaged
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Compensation
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDDecember 29, 2018
I'm a contractor for Attain but work at client site. I really enjoy my job, I didn't have any interference from Attain. I don't have any dislikes. I would recommend the company.
Pros
Encourage company involvement, opportunity to win tickets to events.
Great company
Air Watch Enterprise Mobility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2018
Great company thats always evolving and has many resources at their disposal. However being a employee offsite, I am not able to take advantage of the resources.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Lack of access to resources
it is fun working at Attain.llc
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 28, 2018
A work day at Attain. LLC is quiet, the people are friendly. it is a wholesome environment. The people know how to build moral. it is a place to miss...
For those who thrive in hardworking environments
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 19, 2016
I have been at Attain since I graduated, and I definitely think it's the type of place you get out what you put in. I work very hard, and I have a lot of responsibilities, but I enjoy it. Especially starting my career, there are a lot of times to get experience first hand.

Being at a fairly small (but growing) company, the team is very supportive, and they notice who is working hard and who isn't--and they reward those who do. I got a generous raise and bonus after only a few months, which was also very nice.
Pros
Bonus structure; Great people
Cons
Long Hours
Fair company with promise
Information Assurance Specialist - Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 8, 2018
Attain has the ability to be an outstanding company. Salary could be better due to their organizational structure but companies are out there to make money not friends. I believe the company could do better but they are new to the government contracting field so I hope in time they learn from their mistakes.
Pros
401k, Blue Cross Blue Shield
Cons
Lower salary comparied to simliar positions in Gov. Contracting
Attain is a great company to work for who sets high goals, both at the corporate and individual level, and empowers employees to "Attain" success.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 19, 2013
I have enjoyed my last four years with Attain. The company provided me the opportunity to assume a project manager role after one year of great mentorship by a senior program manager. Then they empowered me to succeed by providing the assistance I needed and allowing me the opportunity to lead and mentor a team of outstanding staff who were highly motivated to provide the very best program management support to our government program team.

Attain understood that to obtain and retain quality employees they must provide competitive compensation, benefits, and incentives. In the past four years Attain has grown from a small business with a handful of employees to a company of over 200 staff and has grown out of the "small business" category. They did so by providing a "worker friendly" atmosphere, encouraging employees to "think big", and by rewarding people appropriately. Attain is well on its way to becoming a world class consultancy.

I highly encourage anyone who is a self starter, motivated, and seeking a challenging career in business consulting to take a serious look at Attain, LLC as your next career choice.
Love working here, hours are great plenty of opportunities for overtime. Great working environment. Lots of room for advancement.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2018
Working at Attain gave me the opportunity I need to express myself in positive way, it allowed me to stay up-to-date on company rules and regulations.
Started out great
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDMarch 22, 2018
I got wrapped up in the glitz and glam of a new job. Was unprepared for the government side of contracting. Was told after 2 months that, now that the team was fully staffed, that i would have to change my working hours from 8 to 4, to 6 to 2. Team leader was rarely available and lived across the country. As a result, was unable to get information to accomplish tasks. Because of his structure of permissions, did not have enough permissions to get tasks done on time and often was penalized by the government customer.
Good Place to work and Great set of Leadership team
Oracle Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 6, 2018
Good Leadership team and always driving the company cores values with in the group.

All Hands meeting used to provide the over all functioning of the company.
Pros
Opportunity to every one to express themselves
Cons
A bit more interaction with the account partners would have been great
Work-life balance comes with the job
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 19, 2016
When Attain boasts a commitment to "work-life balance" they mean it, which was a huge selling point for me. Managers here are very understanding when "life" happens and are flexible when it comes to work scheduling. Bottom-line, if you get the work done your manager is likely to be a lot more flexible with you and your time.
Pros
Great people and a nice modern office space.
Cons
Need more middle management.
Productive and Fun Workplace; Occasionally work from home
Business Analyst/Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2018
Productive and Fun Workplace where you're surrounded by gifted professionals. Learn lots about Information Technology and apply your knowledge directly to problems to produce solutions.
N/a
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando Naval Training Center, FLJanuary 1, 2018
It is a nice place to work. Very flexible with work and life outside of work balance. I do think that the employees should be compensated for the amount of time and effort they put into handling clients.
Great internship opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJuly 17, 2017
Helping Attain while they were on my campus putting in a business system made for the perfect internship. I was able to work mostly remotely outside of weekly meetings, clock my own hours and report directly to Attains onsite employee for help whenever I need. The internship both paid well and worked around my school schedule. Even though I did not get hired after, I would still highly recommend an internship with Attain.
Pros
flexable
Senior Consultant/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 11, 2017
this is not a terrible place to work. Put in the effort to strive and be successful at a small large company and you will be able to see the potential growth that you can achieve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Attain, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.