Attain, LLC Employee Reviews

Great company
Air Watch Enterprise Mobility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2018
Great company thats always evolving and has many resources at their disposal. However being a employee offsite, I am not able to take advantage of the resources.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Lack of access to resources
Relatively low stress job, decent pay, little structure / mentorship
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2018
I work for Attain on-site at a large government agency as part of an application support team (can only speak to employment at this specific agency). This position was listed as a software development role, but is really tier 2 IT support - a common tactic according to my other coworkers. Attain hires lots of young people, who tend to leave after a year or two - most of my team has turned over in one year's time. Additionally, I have not seen any team members promoted to higher roles since I've been here - yearly promotions are in title only and do not convey any increased responsibility or compensation outside of the flat 2% increase given to all employees this cycle. There is little organization or structure in the team, and mentorship is entirely absent. Essentially, this feels like a dead-end job to me: good as an entry-level position, but not for a career. My coworkers are nice people, but there is very little in the way of company culture or camaraderie.
Pros
40-hour week and good schedule flexibility
Cons
No mentorship or defined paths for career growth
Love working here, hours are great plenty of opportunities for overtime. Great working environment. Lots of room for advancement.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2018
Working at Attain gave me the opportunity I need to express myself in positive way, it allowed me to stay up-to-date on company rules and regulations.
Good place to learn but not the place to advance
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 7, 2018
Attain is not a bad place to work, the environment is relaxed and so is the culture. However, almost all revenue is from government contracts so that stuffy government culture inevitably creeps in. There is plenty of work to go around and you can learn and stretch in various different avenues. One negative is the government technology which is usually out-dated. Once you're at the senior consultant level there isn't much room for advancement after that (which is where I was). And what they don't tell you during your interview (or at least not during mine) is that you're only valued based on your business development skill set. I was praised highly at both of my annual reviews but with little increase in pay or bonus and when I asked why, it rolls back around to business development. If BD is going to be the only way you're valued it should be explicitly stated during your interview and on-boarding process. My two cents. If you're interested in BD and proficient at it, this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
good people, relaxed environment
Cons
hard to move up
Good Place to work and Great set of Leadership team
Oracle Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 6, 2018
Good Leadership team and always driving the company cores values with in the group.

All Hands meeting used to provide the over all functioning of the company.
Pros
Opportunity to every one to express themselves
Cons
A bit more interaction with the account partners would have been great
A Nasty Business
ITSS (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 25, 2018
Moved over from a recent contract transition from another bad Government contract house for a multi location DOE research lab. Unfortunately the lesser of two evils was the previous contract house who was underbid by this group and was better to their employees. Immediate staff cuts and huge double digit pay cuts right from the start to all the employees deemed retainable. It was a take it or leave it situation, if you did get offered to stay on this contract. High turnover ahead as the contract matures, as work life balance decreases. Very bitter and disgruntled peers. Government Outsource IT is very brutal and dirty business, I can't wait to move on, and hopefully never have to work in Government IT contracting again. Can't get much dirtier than this outfit. They act like they care about their employees but after all said and done you are nothing but headcount, and a cost to them, they want that reduced and no qualms about it. Unless you need a job I would not get involved with this situation, and if you had to work here, I would only stay until you are fortunate enough to find a better situation. This is a very arrogant, mendacious, inconsiderate, selfish thoughtless organization.
Pros
Good coworkers, decent government customer
Cons
Pay cuts, staff cuts, very bad selfish management, expensive benefits with very high costs.

Comment – March 30, 2018

Many employees are openly saying they are actively looking to find another job. Turn over and poor talent has always been a problem with this location. Don't expect work life balance here, and expect to be called in, work weekends, and work extra with nothing in return for it.

Productive and Fun Workplace; Occasionally work from home
Business Analyst/Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2018
Productive and Fun Workplace where you're surrounded by gifted professionals. Learn lots about Information Technology and apply your knowledge directly to problems to produce solutions.
Started out great
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDMarch 22, 2018
I got wrapped up in the glitz and glam of a new job. Was unprepared for the government side of contracting. Was told after 2 months that, now that the team was fully staffed, that i would have to change my working hours from 8 to 4, to 6 to 2. Team leader was rarely available and lived across the country. As a result, was unable to get information to accomplish tasks. Because of his structure of permissions, did not have enough permissions to get tasks done on time and often was penalized by the government customer.
Fair company with promise
Information Assurance Specialist - Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 8, 2018
Attain has the ability to be an outstanding company. Salary could be better due to their organizational structure but companies are out there to make money not friends. I believe the company could do better but they are new to the government contracting field so I hope in time they learn from their mistakes.
Pros
401k, Blue Cross Blue Shield
Cons
Lower salary comparied to simliar positions in Gov. Contracting
N/a
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando Naval Training Center, FLJanuary 1, 2018
It is a nice place to work. Very flexible with work and life outside of work balance. I do think that the employees should be compensated for the amount of time and effort they put into handling clients.
Senior Consultant/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 11, 2017
this is not a terrible place to work. Put in the effort to strive and be successful at a small large company and you will be able to see the potential growth that you can achieve
Enjoyed helping
Over night supervisor/ Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working first hand-to-hand with the consumers within the company helping them overcome everyday difficulties in a regular living environment
Great internship opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJuly 17, 2017
Helping Attain while they were on my campus putting in a business system made for the perfect internship. I was able to work mostly remotely outside of weekly meetings, clock my own hours and report directly to Attains onsite employee for help whenever I need. The internship both paid well and worked around my school schedule. Even though I did not get hired after, I would still highly recommend an internship with Attain.
Pros
flexable
Its okay
Sr. Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDApril 21, 2017
its okay to work there, but there ability to provide service to their employees in the field are very limited, there are no contact phone numbers for the support staff and that makes contact only by email
Work-life balance comes with the job
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 19, 2016
When Attain boasts a commitment to "work-life balance" they mean it, which was a huge selling point for me. Managers here are very understanding when "life" happens and are flexible when it comes to work scheduling. Bottom-line, if you get the work done your manager is likely to be a lot more flexible with you and your time.
Pros
Great people and a nice modern office space.
Cons
Need more middle management.
For those who thrive in hardworking environments
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 19, 2016
I have been at Attain since I graduated, and I definitely think it's the type of place you get out what you put in. I work very hard, and I have a lot of responsibilities, but I enjoy it. Especially starting my career, there are a lot of times to get experience first hand.

Being at a fairly small (but growing) company, the team is very supportive, and they notice who is working hard and who isn't--and they reward those who do. I got a generous raise and bonus after only a few months, which was also very nice.
Pros
Bonus structure; Great people
Cons
Long Hours
Productive place to work
Sr. Manager, Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi TxMarch 3, 2014
• Provided subject matter expertise (SME), business analysis, as a Solution Architect and Project Lead/Manager for the design and fielding of a custom SAP application for the Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program (AESIP) Enterprise Application Services (EAS), Task Order 1. This development encompassed all aspects of design, build, test, documentation and deployment of the Army’s Enterprise Material Discrepancy and Challenge System (EMD&CS) targeted for use within the Army Materiel Command (AMC) Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA). Mr. Lamb provided technical guidance and oversight to a cross functional team of SAP, ABAP programmers, portal development (WebDynoPro JAVA), security, training and process integration specialists (PI) in the analysis of requirements, technical / functional design, build, test, documentation and fielding of this Service-Oriented Architected (SOA) solution.
• Prepared estimates of project complexity and resource requirements using modified version of SIPOC and RICEFW.
• Prepared multiple written responses to RFP and RFI resulting in contract awards totaling 29 million for FY12.
Attain is a great company to work for who sets high goals, both at the corporate and individual level, and empowers employees to "Attain" success.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 19, 2013
I have enjoyed my last four years with Attain. The company provided me the opportunity to assume a project manager role after one year of great mentorship by a senior program manager. Then they empowered me to succeed by providing the assistance I needed and allowing me the opportunity to lead and mentor a team of outstanding staff who were highly motivated to provide the very best program management support to our government program team.

Attain understood that to obtain and retain quality employees they must provide competitive compensation, benefits, and incentives. In the past four years Attain has grown from a small business with a handful of employees to a company of over 200 staff and has grown out of the "small business" category. They did so by providing a "worker friendly" atmosphere, encouraging employees to "think big", and by rewarding people appropriately. Attain is well on its way to becoming a world class consultancy.

I highly encourage anyone who is a self starter, motivated, and seeking a challenging career in business consulting to take a serious look at Attain, LLC as your next career choice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Attain, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.