Attention Plus Care Employee Reviews

Home health care agency licensed to provide care in the home
Client Service Supervisor/Admission Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 12, 2018
Attention Plus Care staff provides a full range of home health care and companion services including: light housekeeping, meal preparation, grooming, bathing, dressing, exercising, companionship, administration and assistance with medications and treatments, and much more. Care is always personalized and can always be adjusted to higher or lower levels of care depending on client’s needs.
Home care services are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, with prescheduled programs. Flexible services are available. Whether the need calls for one hour per week or 24 hour coverage, a flexible alternative adds value to client’s home care choices. Care is arranged to meet routine or complex care needs in the privacy and comfort of the home, or also at other locations such as a hospital or hotel.
I enjoyed going into the homes of my clients to ensure they were receiving the care needed. I worked with a strong support team that worked to ensure my client's needs were met.
Fun interacting with client
Non-certified Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 14, 2018
I enjoy interacting with client and time go by so quick.Its hard when your schedule is back to back from client to client, if they live far apart.Its better if they get a facility because the driving from client house to house is not worth the pay.
Pros
fun interacting with client
Cons
drive is not worth it
Very reliable and reputable agency. Nursing staff are very professional.
RN (Current Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJune 6, 2018
So far Attention Plus Care has worked out well. My husband was reassigned to Hawaii and I was in nursing before and immediately fit into the cases assigned to me. The company bonus was a surprise. I wasn't expecting one but got $2000 when I signed on. Hours and travel has worked out well too. If you're looking for a reliable and reputable agency this one is good. I've traveled some and have seen many. They also pay more than others.
Pros
Nursing staff are professional and knowledgeable
Cons
Foods always around the office. Especially mine. Dieters beware.
Great company, Opportunity to get hours
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 17, 2018
I never worked as a caregiver before but because if my personality thought this would be a good job role for me. I love that they train you, and also give you the opportunity to be trained on anything you don't know or would like to know more about. Everyone there has a role and does it very well very nice people but still professional. You have the ability to get more hours if need be. I'm very grateful for this job and company and would recommend it to someone looking to get experience in this field. Not a job for anyone who is impatient, unkind, understanding or thorough in making sure things get done.
Pros
Training, Pay, Hours
Cons
Some Clients are easy, some clients are difficult. Don't know what kind you'll get on your first day.
Great company and people!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 16, 2018
I used to work in retail and went to school for MA but they closed. My instructors at Attention Plus Care are very helpful and experienced. They are serious but can joke around and make you laugh. The office and nurses are always nice to me. The girls in front can also speak different languages so its like family. There is lots of hours and my clients are appreciate me. Good job for me overall.
Pros
Nice people and good instructors
Cons
Nothing bad so far very good
Made a job change and Attention Plus Care is great!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIMarch 2, 2018
Got accepted to nursing school. Attention Plus Care encouraged me to go back to school. I'll have a job with them afterwards and get a new grad hiring bonus. I changed careers from DOE teaching and made a good decision. Hawaii needs more nurses and there is a shortage. The office staff are professional and friendly. The schedulers are my sweet hearts. Always keeping me laughing even when things get hard. Love my clients!
Pros
They want you to succeed and have a life.
Cons
Office has many pot lucks and there goes my diet.
Was a stepping stone in HR
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 21, 2018
Too small of company but great people. Ownership could be challenging at times along with State care reimbursable clients. It is a much needed service.
friendly staff
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 2, 2018
I admire the professionalism of the relation between staff and Human Resource and patient.

I learned to adapt to stressful situations and to use the training skills learned to the best of my abilities.
Pros
time flexibility
Cons
traveling
Productive fun working environment
Certified Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 31, 2018
A typical work day was very rewarding. Assisting clients with their ADL's and extended work duties allowed time for optimal learning and expanding on learning.

I learned various duties such as cleaning, g-tube feeding, and many other skills.
Pros
Free lunches, etc.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare.
Awesome friendly company and good work. Training is very supportive.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJanuary 5, 2018
When I started last year I had a little experience taking care of a family member. But that was it and I needed to get more training. I got trained by the company to do more technical care which I really liked. They also had another trainer watch me when I first worked so I felt like I had a big sister there with me. Other companies I tried were small and do not really train you. The people here are very professional and family like and the Christmas party last year was awesome. The managers were funny and all dressed in there pajama. But they are also well organized and watch things. I forgot to turn in my shift reports one time and got a reminder call. So far I really like working here and love my clients and they appreciate my help.
Pros
Friendly office staff. Caring for my clients.
Cons
Miss my clients when I am off.
Good Company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 21, 2017
worked for them for a little while. I enjoyed the time spent with them and I would recommend them to an applicant wanting to get their feet wet and experience going.
requesting locations
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 20, 2017
enjoyed being able to care for others and creating bonds and friendships. always learning new cultures. Management is sometimes missed but overall ok. difficult often to get requested locations and work schedules.
Pros
meeting clients and their families
Cons
working over time
Attention Plus Care
Home Health Care Technician, Experienced Aide (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96814August 24, 2017
This establishment was a nice place to work. I enjoy the experience I gained. There was quite a bit of favoritism shown in the main office. Since I was not hawaiian, I was treated differently. I was let go when I became pregnant and was not able to lift patients. Instead of giving me an office job like they did the others who worked there, they let me go.
Pros
Taking care of patients
Cons
favoritism and partiality shown
Ocean view office that's close to Ala Moana and lots of eating places!
Staffing and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 6, 2017
Working at Attention Plus Care is serious business. This company just keeps growing and getting bigger! When I started I was working as a scheduler and let me tell you, that is a very fast paced environment, but what it taught me was so valuable. Managing time and a team is not easy but soon that's what I had to do. They must have seen something in me and pushed me to lead. Now I am the Staffing and Development Manager and I am responsible for our entire staff of caregivers and nurses. Thanks to Attention Plus Care's guidance and leadership, I just keep climbing up and up. This place is really what you make it. If you see something you can do here and prove it with hard work, you can go far!
Pros
I love dogs and we happen to have a therapy dog, she makes my mornings so much better
Cons
As with any job there are good days and bad ones, Luckily the bad ones are few and far between.
Treated Like Family
Client Services - Caregiver (Current Employee) –  HonoluluJuly 6, 2017
I have been working here for over 8 years and I have to say, this company, that takes care of families, really does act like a big family. I felt that on my first day. I did not have any medical experience or training, but they were able to show me, and teach me everything I needed to know in just a few days. If you are willing to learn something new, to grow as a person and advance your career, this is the place for you!
Pros
Paid Training! Friendly co-workers! Therapy Dog in the office!
Cons
When I am in the office I miss the field, when I am in the field, I miss the office!
good leadership
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 7, 2017
Upper management was supportive of their staff and provided routine training for the nurses. The work culture was very friendly and family like. Great teamwork.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
Great experience, but they lake professionalism.
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 26, 2016
The company is great in advancing your skills. You get to learn new things in the office and on the job.

Alot of the problems lies with scheduling. Yes their job is hard, but they send you far far away from where you live. Even if you bus they do not take in consideration of the location of the bus stops. Sometimes we'd have to walk 20+ mins to the clients house. It takes them months to find you a set schedule/client. They'll assign you literally everywhere and with anyone, especially if they have to staff. Schedulers have their "favorites" on who to give hours too. They'll manipulate you onto taking on shifts. They have no respect, and sometimes they'll give you attitude on ththe phon .They lack communication big time. T

The company overall don't appreciate us caregivers, no raises or bonuses. Nothing for our hard work.
Meet new patients
Caregiver / Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 5, 2016
I would not rate this company, but being that the overall rating is required, I rate it a one star, researched and found false advertisement, and poor scheduling and communication skills, the good part is treating and making a difference in your patients life
Pros
The company provides the supplies
Cons
Poor scheduling and communication, unprofessional, unanswered questions, false advertisement
over all ratings 5
health home aide (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 29, 2016
i worked hard and can get along with different peoples ,employers provide all like free accommodation and transfortation
Outstanding
Employee Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 25, 2015
Outstanding job. Coworkers are very intelligent and respectful. One's are energetic, hard-worker, great interpersonal skills, wonderful work ethics, repetitive worker, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Attention Plus Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about