Au Bon Pain Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2018
Learning new technology , showing how to make drinks, also learning a lot from customers, it can be very hard in the mornings but it will overcome after.
Cons
no free lunch
my opinion
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work for me was a busy day i`m crossed trained so i knew how to do everything so which ever station needed help i was there, i`ve also learned patience and how to connect with your guest you welcome them with kind manners and friendly conversation work culture was fine i got along with everyone the hardest part of the job was when you have multiple people to help and you may have to do it alone or you dont have help at the moment my most enjoyable moment was growing a bond with my guest
Wonderful experience
Sandwich Bar, Cashier, Baker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 14, 2018
Love working there my coworker bwereball amazing hard working people. The manager were all good my personal opinion it was a good job made good memories also learn hard work and workem ship.
Pros
Good hour as well as good pay
Cons
Was a lil far from where inlive
productive and fun work environment
Cashier/ Barista (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 12, 2018
we would get 3 rushes a day breakfast, lunch ,and dinner most of the time we would be short staffed so i took it upon myself to teach myself all areas of the job so where ever we would be short i can cover. management was okay.everyone got along extremely well. i loved my job it wa very productive and fun it kept my memory very sharp with remembering the menu and remembering the custom made orders.
Pros
free drinks all day everyday
Cons
such low pay
I had a great experience there
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
I learned a lot of thing I didn’t know before this was my First job I learn how to be a cashier and then I work my way up to a prep cook I learned how to make bake goods the manager was very helpful and friendly they made me feel welcomed
Stressful Unprofessional Unoraganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2018
Au Bon Pain is a stressful environment. The managers are very unprofessional and we were always short staffed and managers doesn't really chose to help.
Pros
finally had a set schedule
Cons
short breaks, short staff
depending on the store it could be fun to work at
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 2, 2018
dealing with customers ll day . standing on your feet , Promoting surveys and its a fats food restaurant with a better ring to it. Loved the store but left because they switch me to a 24 hour store and I had a son .
work
Production line worker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 1, 2018
It has only been a month of working at this particular place but it is great!! management and people are so nice. easy to get along with everyone even the general manager. He is the nicest guy out there. Time seems to go by fast when you're learning and busy.
Fun place to work with learning experience
Café Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2018
I mostly opened the cafe with my other employees after making sure that everything is ready before opening the door for the customers. Checking the inventory list from previous day and ensuring that we have sufficient supplies needed to maintain the daily menu. I supervise café workers as they do their assigned task and make sure that they are comfortable doing it. Making sure that my staffs are providing a friendly and efficient full service to its entire customer at all times. Before my shift was over i made sure to do my inventory and complete each day in a clear and precise way of café’s daily cashing up sheets.
Pros
chance to learn more things, meeting new people every day, provided 50% off for meals
Cons
expensive health care
n/a
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2018
In the beginning , I was very excited about this opportunity and then things changed. The place was not managed well, when the mgmt. got along it was o.k. We were understaffed.
Busy days
Barista/ Prep/ Back of the House / Food Bar (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 25, 2018
Busy days at times taking on multiple jobs at once discounted lunch and 30 min lunch time the management can be more organized at times but overall ok place to work
steady work pace cool place to work
Lead Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
steady hours steady pace not a hard job. great team work good management and overall good place to work. a little far out for most seeing its located inside DFW airport
job not guaranteed
Cashier/Prep/MTO (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 21, 2018
you come in at 6am prep for breakfast and lunch while you are prepping for breakfast customers are coming in so as soon as you have everything prepped its gone minutes later and you have to prep some more half the time the person that comes in at 7am is suppose to help with the lunch prep and catering don't help at all just stand there and watch you run around stressed trying to get everything done in time. Some of the employees are very laid back and fun to work with but others are very difficult to be around.
Pros
easy work to do
Cons
less pay and difficult employees, and lack of support when it comes to family
Fast pace
Cashier/Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 18, 2018
What I've learned from working at Au Bon Pain is how to be fast but well done. A running hospital means no mess ups and being sanitary. The workplace culture is very cozy, quiet and sensitive. The hardest part of the job was the hours.
High stress- Varies by location
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 17, 2018
These stores vary by location, and most have lots and lots happening all at once. Catering, pre-made and custom food options, soup and salad bars... ect,
Most of the upper management seemed more worried about their Butts than a positive work environment. This has potential to be a great place to work, but budgets tight and it really comes down to if your manager in your cafe is good or not.
Pros
good benifits, good upward mobility
Cons
high stress, too many menu options, 55 hours per week
Productive workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
Typical day at work supervise the staff.
I learned more customer service experience, how to work in challenging environments, Ability to maintain good working relationships with fellow co-workers, good communication skills, Focused on positive results and client satisfaction
Management was okay.
Hardest part low staffed.
Enjoyable part of the job pay day
Pros
401k, payed vacation
Cons
low staff, poor management
It's a restaurant in a train station.
Cashier/Barista/Dishwasher/ Meal Preparation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2018
Although some may not know about ABP, their food is delicious. The ever changing management team however, makes it harder for employees to adjust. We've had to push through 5 different ones in a year. It takes a toll.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
N/a
fast paste place with friendly customers
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
Relaxed place to work at. its only fast paste certain days of the week. customers are nice and friendly, the pay is weekly and you get paid time off. i enjoyed working here once i got use to making all the sandwiches
Multi-cultural workforce ,a clean fast and friendly chain of restaurants
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2018
A place that emphasis on customer satisfaction; serve the best quality food along with awesome service and dining. They indeed follow their policies to the core they are indeed clean, fast and friendly.
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2018
Overall I loved this job I loved the environment of working in a children’s hospital I met so many different people this job taught me control and gave me great customer service Skills .
Pros
Loved working in a hospital
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Au Bon Pain. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight