Auberle Employee Reviews

Management is horrible on having your back. They ask for things the won't do themselves.
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJuly 31, 2018
Not happy with the money. Ask for a raise after seven years and got 30 cents. Fire people for no good reason or just to have a scapegoat. Hire unqualified people constantly.
Stressful
Youth Coach (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2018
412 Youth Zone through Auberle is stressful. Poor compensation. Rude management. To much documentation. Lack of reimbursement for the mileage used daliy and overtime is not available...
its can be fun if your the type to engage the kids.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJune 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Auberle, but I wasn't valued nor was there any accountability held for the children. They were able to do whatever they wanted without any consequences and I had a problem with that.
Landscaping
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at Auberle. The landscaping position taught me a lot about how to maintain a lawn. The skills I've learned are very valuable, and I'll be able to always use them.
Auberle is Mission driven and always offers opportunities for education and growth
YOUTH COACH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  412 Youth Zone (Downtown Pittsburgh)April 6, 2018
Auberle is full of opportunities for not only the staff that work there but for the individuals we serve. The passion and commitment of all those involved in providing care is unmatched and it truly gives you a sense that change can happen and growing personally and professionally is limitless.
Fast-Paced productive environment
Intern Therapist (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMarch 29, 2018
Auberle truly strives to meet the needs of the community and attend to their mission and vision statements. Hardest part of the job is seeing a client who is working hard to improve their health or lifestyle regress due to being let down by other larger systems in their environment.
great place to work and rewarding
Family Woker/Parent Class Educator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 21, 2018
The management and staff were all great people-there for a positive reason-to help kids and families. They all work as a positive team. The job brings some stress as going into homes and neighborhoods does not always feel safe, but you can have a partner with you.
It is a very rewarding job-making a difference for kids and families.
Pros
positive culture and rewarding job
Cons
health insurance was changed to just a health savings account
fun and hard working people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAFebruary 17, 2018
productive and enjoyable workplace you meet a lot of different people some nice some not working with different people is fun on the striff of the different personility
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Its cool, temporarily
Lawn Care Team (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PANovember 27, 2017
when i worked here, it was annoying in a sense that the supervisors were always complaining about the work that needed to be done, be they RARELY contributed to the work.
I love working with the kids
Teaching Counselor (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PANovember 17, 2017
Did not like working for them, I quit when they took 2% out of everybody's pay because they were hurting for money. They did this without asking our permission they just called and said we're going to do it. They could not tell us when they was going to put the 2% back it could take up to a year and they was taking 2% out of every pay off every employee. Management was okay but they had no control over what the company did.
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay

Want to know more about Auberle?

Ask a question
Internship (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAOctober 11, 2017
clocked into work
work place very diversified and very well mannered
Staff care about there work and impacting youths lives
The most enjoyable thing is making kids smile and making them laugh
Auberle
Developer (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PASeptember 7, 2017
I liked Working there but my co worker always talked about other people and she is suppose to be a role model. She's also suppose to be a good person and she was a very bad influence.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
What I learned
Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJuly 28, 2017
while I work ar Auberle as an art therapy intern, I was able to handle patients by myself. I was able to learn how to create a treatment plan for my patient and completed a mental health assessment by myself. I also learned how to balance my work hours and personal life. I learned how to be flexible with my coworkers and work-place. I realized that I was so much better than I thought. I learned to be brave to face issues and use my knowledge wisely.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less pay
Suppose to be a Sanctuary Organization
Senior Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJuly 19, 2017
The company is to be a sanctuary company, but does not utilize it. They do great things for the children in their care, but not their employees. They do not support their employees and will fire someone very quickly if they turn in someone for doing something inappropriate that is in higher management. The co-workers you work with are great and we all try to be a team and help each other, but once you leave that level and go higher it is a different world.
Not the average 9 to 5
Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 8, 2017
learned a lot about the child welfare system. no two days on the job are the same. You're either extremely busy or trying to find something to do to ensure you still get your working hours. No real accountability is enforced by management.The hardest part of the job is the unorthodox work schedule while trying to raise a family or maintain a healthy personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children and their families
Day to day
Youth coach (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2017
As a case manager for Auberle the job was extremely stressful. The youth out-numbered the staff. There was very little control over the youth.
Staff was not aware of a youth's medical, or mental state. Many youth lack therapy or consistent medication
Worked with good people
Counselor (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMay 25, 2017
Worked there almost 20 years ago...
Learned team work...and how to deal with a crisis in an efficient manner and with different personalities.

Still friends with many people I worked with there.
An eye opener in the field
Residential Intern (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PADecember 17, 2016
I did this as an Internship. truthfully, I despised every minute of this job. The workers were bullies to the children and the children were not getting the proper treatment they deserved,
caring, understanding, open arms work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAAugust 11, 2016
Very welcoming warm place

Computer skills

very well supervised

great co workers

N/A

all the people that come through Auberle

over all this is a great work place. People are friendly and treat each other like family. This nonprofit work place is here for great reasoning to help children in need and to help bring our "future" the children of the next generation up properly. They truly care for these children this organization and ran on these children on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and fun workplace with great staff
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMay 27, 2016
Auberle gives you the opportunity to help better a child's life and really feel like you can help them be something great no matter what they been through.