Auburn Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place.to work
OB/GYN scrub tech (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2019
I have learned how to do c-sections see life come.into.the.world . I also have learned how to care for a mom.durimf a delivery . I have learned how to care for many different emergencies such as postpartum hemrrohages retained placenta a d&c I work close with the doctors and midwivies. I do monthly education to keep skills sharp
Pros
All the shifts pull together and work hard to care for thier patients
Cons
Short staffed all shifts
I love my job just feel it should pay more.
Kitchen/cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 26, 2019
Considering we drive around the county during snow storms, we have to deal with potentionaly infectious blood draws and people being angry, sometimes combative with us for blood draws I believe that the wages for this profession should be higher.
Could be better
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Auburn Hospital has so much potential to be great but is often stifled by upper management. It is a decent place to work, the employees are nice and great friendships were made. Some of the older employees are quite bitter and difficult to work with. Change is hard to come by at this hospital. Benefits are terrible and employees are treated poorly by the CEO and other upper management.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Management, benefits
Good experience
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYDecember 31, 2018
Good job to get feet wet in field. Like any workplace, some staff are great and others are useless.
Management in constant upheaval.
Good benefits.
Advancement goes only to those who know somebody.
Pros
Good job experience
Horrible management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 6, 2018
No support from administration or management. Horrible place to work. It seems like there are too many chefs in the kitchen and the people who do the work that is needed to keep the place running are very undervalued.
Fun place to work
Floor Coordinator/Lead Mammography (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 5, 2018
Auburn is a fun place to work. The staff is friendly. I was able to cross train in Ultrasound and bone densitometry. The management is over all fair.Call was the hardest part of my Job as a ultrasound technologist. Working with a great team of Mammography Technologists.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
working holidays
Not patient focused
Executive Director - Rehabilitation Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2018
Senior Management was disconnected and at times hostile causing staff to work in a stressful environment. Patient care safety issues were a regular situation with the limited staffing and a few of the physicians that were hired to work there.
Medical electronic billing specialist
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYApril 11, 2018
My typical job day includes:

Sending out all of the Electronic claims and correcting/distributing the denials for our multi-specialty group
Billing out charges for all types of insurances, entering demographics, following up on payments, correcting denials
Working on the A/R, collecting payments from patients and handling phone calls concerning patient billing
Signing employees up onto Insurance websites, adding information into the Medent system through the Master File such as insurance companies, referring providers and CPT codes.
Sorting and distributing the mail to the appropriate offices

I have self-taught throughout the years to bill for Medicare/Medicaid, Commercial insurances as well as Workers' Compensation and
No-Fault claims. I attend seminars and any workshops available for additional education. My billing experience includes Primary Care, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Neurology, Surgical and Chiropractic billing.
I enjoy working with patients as well as co-workers to resolve any problems that I may be of assistance and I have a strong attention to detail in all of my work.
Pros
Good Benefits, 7am-3pm shift
Cons
No advancement or raises
Caring and compassionate nurses
Registered Nurse, 2 Memorial (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 21, 2018
It was a good work place but was short staffed and at times this created a stressful environment. It was a great opportunity for me as a graduate nurse. Small unit and a lot of opportunities available to work more hours and float to different floors.
Pros
Local and close knit group of nurses
Cons
Short staffed
Enjoying working with a great team
RN (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Working with an amazing IT team along with great support from the department director. Great team support within the department . Department is encouraging with furthering education and online educating. Easy going with time requested off in advance.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Salary without option to work per diem
registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJanuary 23, 2018
very busy short staffed management needs improvement. assessed pts, administered meds, implemented treatments worked with doctors to improve pat\ients health
Pros
employees
Cons
short staffed
Na
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work would recommend others to apply. Great pay benefits flexibility opportunities to grow or change positions. Great management and staff.
Floor staff is very helpful
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYNovember 6, 2017
Due to the overhead in medical care there are always job eliminations to make up those cost. My coding job was eliminated at the nursing home therefore, losing my seniority as a coder and LPN. Both these job descriptions fell under different unions so I was told I have to reapply as a new employee.
Pros
very nice facility
Cons
job eliminations
Professional environment, many therapeutic programs running
Staff / Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYOctober 1, 2017
When I worked at Auburn it was Auburn Memorial Hospital, and within a year after I left the hospital declared bankruptcy.

A great place to work. I was there under two Directors of Pharmacy. Each had their unique view on pharmacy practice.
The Asst. Director had been there many years and ran many for the drug monitoring and ordering programs.
I was involved in all aspects of hospital pharmacy practice, from cart checking to the mixing of TPN solutions.
I helped supervise the pharmacy technician staff.
Pros
Professional practice atmosphere, wide involvement in all aspects of pharmacy
Cons
Low pay rate compared to other institutions, no compensation for on call status
Fieldwork - Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYSeptember 29, 2017
I worked at Auburn Community Hospital as an intern for Occupational Therapy Assistant under the guidance of Jeanette
De Chick OTR in the Rehabilitation Clinic for 8 weeks. My experience emphasized on hand therapy using Fluidotherapy, ultrasound, retrograde massage, and scar management.
Pros
Great work environment
ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Auburn Community Hospital is a small home town hospital. While I can say nothing in regards to administration or management I promise you on EVERY unit there are hardworking staff who are supportive and take pride in the care they provide their patients.
Productive Work Environment
AMMS - Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn Memorial Medical BuildingAugust 24, 2017
AMMS is a productive working environment. Staff is very well orientated to their specific duties within the practice. Management is always accessible as needed.
awful place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 24, 2017
Just an awful place to work. No teamwork here at all. They eat their young. The older employees don't speak up when things are ethically wrong. It's a sad place that needs to close down.
Pros
Cons
awful management and ceo
Great residents
CNA (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 9, 2017
It's a very difficult job but the residents are great and very appreciative. It's hard to give each resident the time and attention that they deserve to get from their caretakers.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Not enough time to spend with each resident.
Must not have a backbone!
Patien Access (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 2, 2017
I busted my butt for this company for five years. I would still be there if my boss didn't have an inferiority complex. Issues were not handled correctly and supervisors were not held accountable for their actions.
Pros
Loved working with the public
Cons
Uneducated people in supervisory positions