Auburn School Department Employee Reviews

Positive working environment
Tutor ,Director,Enrichment Teacher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJuly 24, 2018
I have had very positive experience working for the Auburn School Department. I would suggest offering benefits to tutors and raising the pay rates of the support staff like Ed Techs as well I believe this will help these educational support staff to be able to stay at their jobs, it is difficult to live on the pay.
Pros
It is a very positive collaborative working environment.
Cons
Support staff like tutors for example I do not recieve any benefits.
Great colleagues, poor compensation
EDUCATIONAL TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJuly 23, 2018
Great work environment within your school, but lack of support from those "downtown" in the business offices. Additionally, the compensation for educational technician is below what is made in surrounding districts and we are often placed within situations that go above our job descriptions, to the detriment of the students we are tasked with assisting.
Classy Place
STUDENT ASSISTANT COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJuly 11, 2018
It was by far the most enjoyable job I ever had, the friends I made and people I met are first rate.
The Job help me grow as an individual,challenged me to know end.
I will always be grateful to the Auburn School Department.
Pros
friendly, passionate staff
Cons
N/a
sub teaching
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 9, 2018
Great place to work. The problem was i only saw the world from a substitute stand point. I worked for Auburn 13 years and felt it was a great place to leaarn and grow
Pros
working
Cons
no fullt work
I Had fun working with the students and the employees of Auburn School District
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 5, 2018
Iam just new so I was seeking fulltime but didnt know in the first time was a partime but that's ok in the first time I enjoy working with them only just the hours not enough for me but I love to go back there again and yes my employees love me to go back and me too.is just when I need a partime again I will come back I miss them and all the students of Auburn School District .
Summary
Ed Tech III - Elementary School Librarian (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEOctober 13, 2017
I work at Walton Elementary and enjoy the climate and staff.The teachers/staff work very hard to keep the children feeling safe while teaching core values.
Pros
Feb and April vacation; summers and snow days off
Cons
Difficult to take extra time off
FILL IN WORKER (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAFebruary 27, 2017
I fit in at Auburn School District filling in where needed and being called at the last minute. Everything just clicked, the people, the location, the pay. I was very happy there.
love children, and colleagues are great
Educational Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEAugust 1, 2014
learned to coordinate activities, busses, staff to establish good programming for a specific population with special needs. Had to consider multiple scheduling processes to accomplish this. Coworkers learned to work as a team to ensure success for clients. Hardest part of job is dealing with physically disabled students who need support and help for personal hygiene and basic skills. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students stretched and successful with skills, such as computers, that allow them more interaction with society, that they would not have without the help of the staff.
The Auburn School Department works hard to bring education to all children.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  MEMarch 27, 2014
The Auburn School Department works hard to bring education to all the children of the community, often trying new models to improve their success rate.
enjoyed driving
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEAugust 20, 2013
I like the work. Enjoyed the children. had lots of fun on fieldtrips
and sporting events. Got to go to many different places.
A lot of my coworkers were great to be with and I will miss them.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Managements integrity questionable
excellent co-workers, varied and interesting work situations, regular dealings in challenging situations
Educational Technician II (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJuly 30, 2013
Typical day at work included greeting students, providing guidance and monitoring behaviors during social settings and throughout the day. Academic assistance for individual students while following provided curriculum. All staff was required to lead and monitor students' physical and recreational activities. Lunch and dismissal monitoring was also part of daily duties.
Pros
Co-workers, learning opportunities
Cons
challenging student situations with seemingly limited administrative consequences