Auburn University Employee Reviews

Productive places to work
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 8, 2018
Most of the time started at 6 am to 230 pm. I was the man to operate the man lift. So we moved it in the mornings in place to do our job on the roofers. Repaired and laid new roofs of all different kinds.
Wonderful environment to work
Financial Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 7, 2018
Large amount of paid vacation days. Co-workers make working here awesome.
Organize and maintain purchase order files for digital storage. Open and maintain vender files.
Troubleshoot incoming calls regarding Banner Finance, vendor issues, invoices, travel expenses, and purchase orders.
Pros
Opportunity to attent all University programs
Cons
there is lower pay offered for the work done
Independent work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 5, 2018
Not too bad. I enjoyed my time at Auburn University. I was there for a summer and I dont regret my time there. I was given a lot of freedom to conduct my work.
Graduate Student Review
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 23, 2018
I am a graduate student who works as a research assistant. The health insurance is okay but you can only go to the clinic on campus which they always refer you to a nurse practitioner. You are only able to see the doctor if it is an emergency. Otherwise, the work environment is fine and easy to get along with most professors.
Nice atmosphere
Graduate Women in Science Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toomer's HallOctober 21, 2018
Auburn University offers people the opportunity to fulfill their passion through all the careers and studies they offer. The campus is beautiful and everyone is so nice. Every day brings new knowledge to the table. Great place to be.
Pros
Atmosphere, community
Cons
Lots of work, traffic on weekends
Ensino precario
Pesquisador Bolsista (Former Employee) –  AuburnOctober 17, 2018
Ensino muito precario. Nao atendeu as minhas expectativas
Productive Work Environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALOctober 15, 2018
Great employees, always did something new, flexible hours. Worked in the field and the lab, set out trials, collected data, and analyzed the data. My manger/boss is amazing.
good
Fisheries Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 15, 2018
Good school. I was both technician and a Masters Student eventually. There are plenty of job opportunities in the field of study you choose to join.
Good Place to Be
Peer Advisor - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 9, 2018
It's a family. Everyone helps out. Management can be a bit weak, but other than that its a good place for a student to work. I would recommend the job to any student who wants some pocket change.
as an instructor of principles of microeconomics
Instructor of ECON (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 4, 2018
In a week, I usually teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have learnt how to activate students' interests in economics, that is, to apply and combine theories to their daily life. The hardest part might be the differentiated learning abilities among different students. I have been enjoying the interactive learning environment with my students.
Management in the department and college was lacking
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 28, 2018
If you do your job as is stated on your faculty split and get exceptional reviews, it doesn’t mean anything if you are not in the good ol boy system. I suggest if you choose to be a faculty member here that you do what the senior faculty say and not what your job description says. Otherwise, you will not make it. If one senior faculty member doesn’t like your research, don’t expect to advance in your career. In addition, females in certain departments will not make what males do. I had 18 years of experience over a male colleague and was making less. Auburn is a great place to live but it isn’t the place it used to be. The administration and faculty have tried to change it into a liberal arts school and that was not what it was intended to be.
Pros
Good atmosphere, lots for family to do
Cons
Unfair policies, no vacation for some full time faculty
Competitive but exciting
Undergraduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Research at auburn university is always changing. There are new projects arriving all the time. As long as you are productive and always striving to be better, the work is more like play.
Relaxed work schedule
Part-time Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Enjoyed working, teaching scheduled is based on your availability with a max number of students, classroom assistance is provided, good technical equipment and resources.
Pros
teaching assistance
Cons
full time openings
flexible work schedule
Animal Care Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 20, 2018
No 2 days are the same. You have to be very flexible as manager because anything can pop up at any time. I have a very small but good group of employees, which makes it easier to manage.
benefits
Cons
poor upper management
Good environment with plenty of opportunities
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 19, 2018
Auburn University was a good place to pursue my graduate degree in Physics. There are plenty of opportunities to engage with others outside of the campus, and you make the experience what you want it to be, so to speak.
Pros
Great workout facility
Cons
Lack of adequate dining options
Fast pace upbeat environment
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 17, 2018
Was a great company to work for but if you love the culinary business you’ll also like to advance in this business position wise and financially and be able to be a part of the create team also
Pros
Free lunch and laid back
Cons
Advancements is involved long as willingly to keep same pay
What a great place to live and work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chemistry BuildingAugust 14, 2018
As a graduate student at Auburn University I was able to expand on my horizons and make lasting relationships with leaders in the chemistry field. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Auburn University.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
The state is named Alabama, not Auburn
great school
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 2, 2018
Auburn university is a wonderful school to study, a friendly environment to study and enjoy your personnel life. The faculty members are all great mentors for your personal career advancement, always give tremendous advice to help you grow to elevated level.
Disappointing
Admn. Adacem. (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALJuly 12, 2018
You may hire in at one position with promise of advancement but at any time, even with great annual job reviews...the administration can demote you, move you, change your job without warning. Very-very much a class sensitive, Good Ole' Boy and totally unethical atmosphere. Very disappointing after 20 plus years here and I'm certainly not alone but we are all job scared and afraid to speak up. Please pay attention to the reviewers on this site. Most of them are students (part time students, GTA's, GRA's, Fellows, etc.) and are not full time......long term staff. Faculty positions are totally different as well.
Pros
leave time and benefits
Cons
Too much Good Ole' Boy and social cast non-sense
Productive and friendly work environment
Lecturer and Guest Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 9, 2018
I would recommend anybody has a chance to work here because the work environment here is so good and Auburn City is a small but so nice and affordable city for medium income families