Auburn University Employee Reviews

flexible work schedule
Animal Care Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 20, 2018
No 2 days are the same. You have to be very flexible as manager because anything can pop up at any time. I have a very small but good group of employees, which makes it easier to manage.
benefits
Cons
poor upper management
Fast pace upbeat environment
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 17, 2018
Was a great company to work for but if you love the culinary business you’ll also like to advance in this business position wise and financially and be able to be a part of the create team also
Pros
Free lunch and laid back
Cons
Advancements is involved long as willingly to keep same pay
What a great place to live and work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chemistry BuildingAugust 14, 2018
As a graduate student at Auburn University I was able to expand on my horizons and make lasting relationships with leaders in the chemistry field. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Auburn University.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
The state is named Alabama, not Auburn
great school
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 2, 2018
Auburn university is a wonderful school to study, a friendly environment to study and enjoy your personnel life. The faculty members are all great mentors for your personal career advancement, always give tremendous advice to help you grow to elevated level.
Disappointing
Admn. Adacem. (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALJuly 12, 2018
You may hire in at one position with promise of advancement but at any time, even with great annual job reviews...the administration can demote you, move you, change your job without warning. Very-very much a class sensitive, Good Ole' Boy and totally unethical atmosphere. Very disappointing after 20 plus years here and I'm certainly not alone but we are all job scared and afraid to speak up. Please pay attention to the reviewers on this site. Most of them are students (part time students, GTA's, GRA's, Fellows, etc.) and are not full time......long term staff. Faculty positions are totally different as well.
Pros
leave time and benefits
Cons
Too much Good Ole' Boy and social cast non-sense
Productive and friendly work environment
Lecturer and Guest Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 9, 2018
I would recommend anybody has a chance to work here because the work environment here is so good and Auburn City is a small but so nice and affordable city for medium income families
Fun atmosphere Great networking
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 7, 2018
This job is ideal for a student because it allows you to work on homework while working. It also has the opportunity to move up a little bit if you are returning for graduate school, and provides a unique opportunity for networking.
Pros
flexible schedule, allows for homework while at work.
bad personal experience
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 6, 2018
I held multiple positions at Auburn. Some were good, others not. It all depends on who your boss is. Some will use and abuse you others will appreciate you.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
power struggle and abuse
Questionable administration in athletic department
Special Assistant to the Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 23, 2018
I already filled this out. Basically got a bad shake in taking the fall for other people's wrongs, and there were several of us that feel this way. Unfortunate.
N/a
Academic Advisor and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 18, 2018
As an advisor, I loved the students and the parents.I enjoy teaching and training workshops. I enjoyed my job because I was to work with my student cohort
Good jobs for students
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 17, 2018
The work was part-time. I was a student at the time, so they were very flexible around my class schedule. It was a good job that allowed me to help educate others. very fulfilling.
Great place for me to do my internship
Internship in Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 31, 2018
Very challenging at times but it helped me in many ways to become a better worker and learn about Human Resources. I got to observe everybody that worked there and I was able to learn about their specific job title and how they work under pressure.
A good family oriented company
Animal Care Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 10, 2018
Everyday is never the same in my workplace. I sometimes work beside my staff to show them that they are not beneath me. Upper management has changed over the years and not all for the good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
lack of career advancement; poor raises
Researcher
Civil Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 4, 2018
As a researcher, I utilized tools and equipment to help simulate bilinear strain hardening techniques, the staff is excellent and the professors are very helpful and knowledgeable. A great experience.
Wonderful
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL 36849May 3, 2018
Even though I was employed as a student worker at Auburn University in the departments that I did work in, they treated me like a regular employee. I would DEFINITELY welcome the opportunity to work with the University again.
1.5 years as student employee
Forestry-Wildlife Sciences ST (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 1, 2018
Work dependent on department and position, my experience was enjoyable and fulfilling.Would recommend for students looking to gain experience and help pay bills.
I did Landscaping at the School of Forestry research site
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  School of Forestry and Wild Life ScienceApril 26, 2018
A typical day would maintain the site( mowing,weed eating, planting trees, and cutting down trees). Also help Grad Students with their research projects. We learned manual labor.. Management was really good at delegating jobs for us.It was a fun workplace culture, because you were out in the middle of the woods doing labor instead of sitting in an office. The hardest part of the job was probably mulching, or planting 10,000 trees in a day.The most enjoyable part of the job was exploring the research site..
Pros
telling jokes with the boss during lunch break.
Cons
Working in 100 degree heat.
Great benefits, OK work environment
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 25, 2018
They provide excellent benefits and a flexible schedule, but the administrative hoops are a pain and co-workers are a toss-up as to how well you will get along with them.
Amazing work environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 25, 2018
I have been able to work within the office of Health Promotion and Wellness Services for a few years and it has been amazing. Everyone here is understanding and flexible.
Wonderful experience.
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Funchess HallApril 24, 2018
Amazing supervisor, straight forward work, and an amazing group of coworkers. The work was easy to keep up with and very rewarding. The supervisor was incredibly understanding of personal situations and was very accommodating.
Pros
Very flexible hours.
Cons
Low pay