Auburn University Employee Review

View all Auburn University reviews

It is very interesting and enjoyable to work as a GTA. I have learned a lot of things when I am teach to my students.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 12, 2014
GTA ( Graduate Teaching Assistant) is a position from where one can learn a lot of thing about a subject matter which s/he teach. As a GTA I have learned how to make a presentation, how to express a new idea with the students, how one can make a idea understandable to every students, etc. It also helped me to develop my communication skill. It is a always a challenging but enjoyable. Here I have a few of my fellow GTA. We have worked together, discussed the course material, set up the syllabus for different lectures and topics. It helps me to learn to work in a group. The most challenging thing to working as a GTA is sometimes students ask a very intelligent question which is difficult to answer. Above all working in Auburn University as a GTA is very interesting and it makes me competent to face the future challenges that I might encounter in future.

Other Auburn University Employee Reviews

War Eagle!
Undergraduate Employee (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 18, 2018
Auburn University is the best university in the SEC. It has a beautiful campus, lovely people, and a homey atmosphere. The saying, "Auburn Family" is not just a cliche, but a truth.
Relaxed atmosphere (probably too relaxed)
Assistant Director-Fiscal (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 18, 2018
Auburn University is a wonderful education institution with potential to lead in the area of research. However, faculty are not pressed to seek extramural research funds.
Pros
Nice community location
Cons
Low pay