Audigy Group Employee Reviews

Emotionally driven startup
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 2, 2018
Audigy group was one of the worst companies I worked for. All of their decisions about personnel were emotionally driven - you could be a star player one day and an outcast the next depending on if people liked you. There was zero job security and the company was pretty unethical in most of it's dealings.
Pros
The people can be fun to work with
Cons
Everything else
All Talk, No Follow Through
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 24, 2017
I was very autonomous at Audigy which I enjoyed. However that was about it. When I began I was inexperienced in my field, I was told I'd be trained but ended up creating my own training manual due to lack of support. They talk of supporting your professional, financial, and personal goals but none of that ever happened. Management is non-existent minus the bare minimum required by HR. Our creative department was depleted of creativity due to the reactionary nature of our jobs. We just pushed the same content out without feedback or support for new ideas. Management moved into a different room further creating a gap between "us" and "them". Those upstairs in member development and corporate seem to really enjoy themselves, but creative is under appreciated, micro managed and ignored. Most enjoyable was my co-workers, hardest was to get any original, creative content to be published. There was no data to support campaigns or feedback after we'd created them.
Pros
Moda Center raffles, free gym membership, holiday party
Cons
lack of feedback, lack of support, absent management, lack of creative freedom, creative team always working when no one else in office and nothing to do, cliques, some employees overworked while others had nothing to do, gossip
Toxic work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 30, 2017
Owner was/is the epitome of a micro-manager. I felt the owner was demeaning to her employees, unable to make decisions in a timely manner and unappreciative of her employees who work in this toxic environment. Very erratic work environment.
Cons
No consistent leadership
Comfortable company
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 15, 2017
A comfortable company to work for with an excellent organizational culture. A management advisory company with audiologists as clients. The company provides the opportunity for new and early mid-managers to gain experience.
Pros
Outstanding corporate culture
Cons
Weak career advancement opportunities
For a small office it was a very STRESSFUL job.
Receptionist/Technician (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 16, 2017
My co-worker and office manager were great to work with. The Dr. is a micro-manager and expects you to know the job after just shown once. I was never trained properly and tried my best to do the job right but was always shown what I did wrong. It was a very stressful environment for being such a small office.
A place to growth and stretch
SBU Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 27, 2017
Audigy is a great place to work. It's not easy, nor predictable and you will learn a lot and challenge yourself in ways you never thought possible. The culture is a very supportive. We collaborate with our coworkers and spend a lot of time together both for work and outside of the office. Work-life balance can be hard to find due to the high levels of work and travel in some positions. SBU positions also require us to learn about things outside of our typical roles and responsibilities. If you're a finance manager, you're also expected to learn about marketing, operations, professional development and human resources to a certain degree.
Pros
Good people, team activities outside of the office, gym membership, chance to travel
Cons
Work life balance can be hard, pay could be more competitive, a lot of change
A job worth doing with great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 30, 2017
The thing I think I like most about working at Audigy Group is that we are doing something worth doing. We work with small business owners and help them to build their businesses, be more successful and reach their goals. It's so much more fulfilling than most other jobs.
The people we work with are also wonderful. I don't know where Audigy finds them, but there are so many overachievers and in general it's a very fun environment. We do work hard, and that can be overwhelming, but once you learn to manage it, it's a fun place to work.
They also invest in their employees, whether it's training, opportunities or time. If you want to grow, you can. Nobody will do it for you, but the resources are there an if you show potential they will help support you in that quest.
It's not for everybody - it's definitely a place where you'll work hard, but the outcome and the pride in seeing what you are able to help accomplish that is bigger than yourself, is worth it.
High turnover, always hiring
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 18, 2015
This company prides itself on things and promises it doesn't actually carry out. All the stuff you hear at orientation doesn't transpire tangibly. It follows tons of sales book strategies and uses borrowed language they call their own. While I was there four people in my department left or were fired. They told me I would be in a floater position and didn't follow through. My manager was horrifically inexperience yet thought quite a bit of herself. She was unapproachable and had very bad listening skills. This is a lot like a clique. If you aren't an individual and want to be a follower who talks their talk this is the place for you. The artificial camaraderie was embarrassing to watch. Don't accept a job here.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Lies being told in interviewing phase
Great coworkers!
Sr. Marketing /Philanthropy Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 18, 2015
A typical day for my position in divided by the two very different roles I hold at Audigy. The first part of my day starts off with Sr. Marketing Coordinator tasks - verbal and electronic communication with members regarding marketing initiatives, trafficking materials, advising on social media and mentoring my team.
The rest of my day is devoted to the management of all of my company's philanthropic outreach, including management of our monthly employee volunteer program, planning and managing events, budget management, project management and building community partnerships.

In having both positions simultaneously, I've learned to manage each position individually and to switch hats instantly when necessary. I've learn to manage projects, budgets, time and people.

One of the very best things about Audigy Group is the people! I love my coworkers and look forward to the interaction with them each day.

The hardest part of my job is deciding which donation requests to fulfill and which are just not the right type of organization to Audigy align with. We often get requests for various types of donations, and it requires discernment in where we lend out support.

By far, the most enjoyable aspect of my job is the philanthropic outreach. Working with volunteers, planning events and managing the different projects related to that are absolutely fulfilling
Pros
Coworkers, community outreach, and great location
Cons
Young company (only 10 years old), inexperienced management.
Long Days, Stressful, Low Pay
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 28, 2015
Long work days. Twelve hour shifts but in reality you really work about 14 hour days. Sometimes with only a 10-15 minute lunch. Training is almost non-existent. The office is so busy (mainly because people call in all the time just to get a break) that there is no time for training. If you're lucky you are shown once and then you're on your own.
This company offers no medical benefits, no sick pay, no holiday or paid vacation. The owner loves to take several vacations throughout the year. When he does this his staff also has to take an unplanned vacation with NO Pay. When you live paycheck to paycheck this puts a huge strain on someone. They do however offer free dental for yourself or your immediate family.
You now have management that don't know what they are doing, who aren't willing to step outside of their comfort zone. Co-workers do the best they can given the circumstances. There is lot's of drama there. They will go out of your way to tell you that drama is not tolerated and grounds for dismissal but there is tons of drama. What do you expect when people spend more time at work than with their own families.
Basically, It's a lot of work and stress and in the end it's not worth it.
Pros
Free dental for employee and immediate family
Cons
Long days, Low Pay, No Benefits, Drama

Want to know more about Audigy Group?

Ask a question
Lots of drama and no work/life balance.
Anon (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 13, 2015
Pros
Working there is quite a learning experience. Everyone wears multiple hats so a person is exposed to many different things and can grow leaps and bounds if they like.

Cons
The TL;DR version is that this company is full of drama, false security, and falling wages. People are expected to work every waking hour, including weekends because there aren't enough hands to get the work done. They hire inexperienced people for whom this is a first job more often than not and so they make an extreme amount of legal and industry mistakes and thus spend a majority of their time and money putting out fires rather than hiring enough people to do the job.

The longer version is here:
Problem is people wear too many hats and there is no work life balance. Sixty hours seemed like a minimum work week and weekends were certainly not off bounds. People practicably live together for the duration of their employment so it makes for lots of interpersonal drama in the office.
They hire all young and inexperienced people in their field so they can keep the pay below average. Because this is the first job for most people, and they don't have that experience, many mistakes are made across the board that someone more veteran would have been able to spot a mile away and prevent from happening at all.
You may be looking here and seeing that recently there are a ton of good reviews and all of the bad reviews are before that and think the company has turned around. I'm here to tell you that isn't the case. The owner got up in front of the company at one point and ranted for nearly an hour about
  more... the ungrateful people who chose to complain rather than make their career a success. He was ranting because the glassdoor reviews had been brought to his attention and he really doesn't understand why people would complain. Since then, management has been leaning on internal employees to boost their glassdoor ratings artificially. Current employees are "highly encouraged" to leave a review and it is implied that if they leave a bad one their job may be on the line.
The owner gets up and rants in front of the company every time they give him the mic and it is downright embarrassing. One of the other things he got up in front of the company and said was that they'd never be like those other companies that over hire and have to later cut those positions. Well, that turned out to be a false sense of security since in the last few months they've done just that, cut at least 5% of the total positions at the company, and people who worked them. This is not a stable place to work.
On top of all that, labor laws do not seem to mean a whole lot to this company. One previous employee actually got a phone call while she was on maternity leave telling her that she was being demoted. They're now being sued for that.
Two other employees, and their entire team knew weeks in advanced that they were being let go because their manager had it published for the whole world to see. That manager had all sorts of information open so they could see what the reasoning behind each departure was and who all had performance improvement plans. In other words, a bunch of people's private information was left open for the world. The only reason for letting one of the people go was that this person was making the most money in their department. If they hired again, it would be at a lower rate. There's another lawsuit going on about that. In other words, the pay isn't that great and it is going down even more.

Advice to Management
Stop treating your people like they are cogs in a machine that can run 24/7.
If you hired some experienced talent and paid them what they were worth, you wouldn't have to spend so much time and money reinventing the wheel.
Pros
Great for a first job, you will learn lots.
Cons
Not a stable, healthy environment. Below average pay.
Motivational and fun workplace
Marketing and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 19, 2012
Audigy Group is a great company to work for. Motivating, inspirational, and supportive.