Audubon Area Community Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Great non-profit organization
Kentucky All STARS Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 16, 2018
Company focus on excellent customer service was inspirational. The management team was very supportive of staff. Communication was open and transparent so everyone felt informed and respected.
LIHEAP Clerk job review
Volunteer/LIHEAP Clerk or clerical assistant (Current Employee) –  1800 W 4th St Owensboro, kyApril 12, 2018
I genuinely felt at easy when I began working with the managers and other co-workers at Audubon Area Community Services Inc. in October 2018. Training was quick but efficient. Once the LIHEAP Subsidy program began we all quickly began to see the best way to get things done considering that we had the hands-on experience. I do enjoy meeting all of the new clients and seeing familiar faces as well. It's a wonderful thing that is being done here. The only thing i wish would change is that it be made a full year round job.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
temporary job
Great place to work if you want to benefit the community
Teacher Associate (Current Employee) –  Morganfield, KYApril 6, 2018
Working at Audubon Area is great way to give back to your community. They have several different areas where you can work from Head Start to GRITS. I would suggest that being a people person helps.
Great place to work great management and employees.
LIHEAP Clerk (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 12, 2018
Its a great place to work very relaxed and the manangement is great. My job with Audubon Area gave me more experience in an office setting. The wokplace overall is one of the best companys I have worked for.
Cons
This place expects you to sacrifice everything including your own children. Management treats teachers disrespectfully.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Owensboro kyFebruary 20, 2018
The rules of this place changes daily. You only get promoted based of favoritism. Audubon loves to make things look good on paper. Full of dishonesty.
Pros
Benefits: vacation and sick time
Cons
Rude and underqualified management
Nonprofit with a good mission
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  1700 W. 5th St. Owensboro KY 42301February 9, 2018
Many good programs with excellent intentions. Staff care a great deal about our clients: low income and disadvantaged. Tremendous potential to help people.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited budget, unable to promote staff
Management is horrible
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 23, 2017
Would have left a 0 but the least I could give was 1 star. Management is horrible and very unprofessional. It depends on what part of Audubon you work for.
Pros
I quit
Cons
Management, Pay, Environment
Liheap Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 30, 2017
I would definitely recommend someone work for Audubon Area. The management is amazing, and the atmosphere is comfortable and inviting. Pay could be a little higher in most areas, but overall a great place to work.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
pay
great work life balance
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 12, 2017
Place to give back and work for others, allows you to strive in what you are good at and has a good work life balance.

Great benefits has a lot of options.
good community program
Branch Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvington, KYJuly 18, 2017
Good company for the community. This company provides a very positive program to assist those who are wanting to promote a positive influence in the community.
good place to work just looking for a change
Teacher assistant (Current Employee) –  Morganfield, KYJuly 10, 2017
I like working at Audubon just looking for a change I enjoy being part of a team, however I have been in childcare for over 5 years now and I am wanting to utilize my secretary skills again I enjoyed that field of work and am just wanting to get back to it
It was fine.
Family Assistance Services Director (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 7, 2017
Working at Audubon Area Community Services was very challenging and rewarding. I had a great team to work with. The organization helps a lot of people. One of the bigger nonprofits in Owensboro.
Great place for the most part.
Refugee Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 4, 2017
This is an organization that I feel has great potential and hopefully under the new CEO they will flourish. It was haphazard in certain ways and the pay was not good at all, but really the mission is very nice.
Fun place to work
Teacher Associate (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 8, 2017
I would recommend this position to someone, however I would not go back. I feel as though they expect too much from the employees with the pay that they offer.
Pros
Work closely with kids and no two days are alike
Cons
Expected to give more than recieve
Great Place to Work
Career Developer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Helping people, changing lives, and helping people get out of poverty and into a job was rewarding, and i made some good friends. Management pushed you to be successful and on tasks to help the participants. If you failed to help your participants, (like on some of the negative reviews) they place you one a improvement plan. You keep failing, the let you go.
Pros
Great hours, comfortable working enviroment
Cons
low pay
Great Place to Work
Career Developer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Helping people, and changing lives and helping them to get out of poverty and into jobs was rewarding and made some great friends. Manager was good and kept us on task and pushed us to help our participants.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay to low
Loved knowing I was helping individuals in my own community.
Career Developer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 31, 2016
It really just depends on who your manager is. There are good ones and of course bad ones! Unfortunately I had a very bad one. Out for himself and could not be trusted. Only good thing is they understand your family is first.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible snotty managers and directors.
Non-Profit agency
Housing Director (Former Employee) –  1416 West 9th Street - Owensboro, KYMarch 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with low-income persons everyday. To realize that we were able to help some situations in the household was very rewarding.
My typical day at the office began appx. 7:00 a.m. and ended when the work was completed.
This job showed me patience, compassion and understanding of the various needs of the community.
I managed anywhere from a staff of 6 to a staff of 15. We worked as a team and if someone needed help, then we were all there to pitch in where needed.
Productive and fun work place with helpful coworkers
Career Developer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 16, 2013
Great office hours. I learned the work ethic of State Reports. I worked closely with state of KY employees on a regular basis. Worked with many employers in the county. The hardest part of the job was meeting the high standards of management reports.
Pros
helpful co-workers
Cons
job advancement