Audubon Area Community Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Liheap Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 30, 2017
I would definitely recommend someone work for Audubon Area. The management is amazing, and the atmosphere is comfortable and inviting. Pay could be a little higher in most areas, but overall a great place to work.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
pay
good community program
Branch Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvington, KYJuly 18, 2017
Good company for the community. This company provides a very positive program to assist those who are wanting to promote a positive influence in the community.
good place to work just looking for a change
Teacher assistant (Current Employee) –  Morganfield, KYJuly 10, 2017
I like working at Audubon just looking for a change I enjoy being part of a team, however I have been in childcare for over 5 years now and I am wanting to utilize my secretary skills again I enjoyed that field of work and am just wanting to get back to it
It was fine.
Family Assistance Services Director (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 7, 2017
Working at Audubon Area Community Services was very challenging and rewarding. I had a great team to work with. The organization helps a lot of people. One of the bigger nonprofits in Owensboro.
Great place for the most part.
Refugee Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 4, 2017
This is an organization that I feel has great potential and hopefully under the new CEO they will flourish. It was haphazard in certain ways and the pay was not good at all, but really the mission is very nice.
Fun place to work
Teacher Associate (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 8, 2017
I would recommend this position to someone, however I would not go back. I feel as though they expect too much from the employees with the pay that they offer.
Pros
Work closely with kids and no two days are alike
Cons
Expected to give more than recieve
Great Place to Work
Career Developer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Helping people, and changing lives and helping them to get out of poverty and into jobs was rewarding and made some great friends. Manager was good and kept us on task and pushed us to help our participants.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay to low
Loved knowing I was helping individuals in my own community.
Career Developer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 31, 2016
It really just depends on who your manager is. There are good ones and of course bad ones! Unfortunately I had a very bad one. Out for himself and could not be trusted. Only good thing is they understand your family is first.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible snotty managers and directors.
Non-Profit agency
Housing Director (Former Employee) –  1416 West 9th Street - Owensboro, KYMarch 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with low-income persons everyday. To realize that we were able to help some situations in the household was very rewarding.
My typical day at the office began appx. 7:00 a.m. and ended when the work was completed.
This job showed me patience, compassion and understanding of the various needs of the community.
I managed anywhere from a staff of 6 to a staff of 15. We worked as a team and if someone needed help, then we were all there to pitch in where needed.
Productive and fun work place with helpful coworkers
Career Developer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 16, 2013
Great office hours. I learned the work ethic of State Reports. I worked closely with state of KY employees on a regular basis. Worked with many employers in the county. The hardest part of the job was meeting the high standards of management reports.
Pros
helpful co-workers
Cons
job advancement