Audubon Nature Institute Employee Reviews

Audubon Zoo
Guest Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 28, 2018
Required to work every weekend. Every day before and after a holiday. Employees had to work every weekend and could not plan to do anything with our own families.
Pros
Manager would buy our department lunch often.
Cons
Can't make any plans for yourself on weekends, always working.
Horrible Director
Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 6, 2018
The director is hardly around, wont order anything, wont do anything, sucks at every aspect of doing everything, and complains about the most petty of things. he has employees doing inventory, he doesn't know what he has in stock which is laughable, complained that i used too many foam cups, even though i only used 1, stating "they are expensive". no manager is there to check the liquor in in the mornings etc.
Nice place for learning
Educator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 31, 2018
The aquarium was a great place for college students to work. The guests came from all over the world, and most kids wanted to learn about the animals. It was nice to make relationships woith people and share interests with my coworkers.
great place
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2018
This is a great place to work. I wish I had stayed here longer and given this place a fair chance. I think you can progress here if you are willing to invest the time to stay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 26, 2018
It was a good summer job and good place to work at during the summer. it was a good start job to work at and I enjoyed working there and interacting with customers.
Cons
Toxic & reminds me of being high school
Educator (Former Employee) –  ZooMarch 15, 2018
The departments don’t get along & the politics really suck. The environment is so toxic and petty. Which is a shame since I loved my job so much! :(
Pros
Teaching, talking to guests, making a difference with individuals
Cons
The politics
Fun place to work, co-workers are understanding
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 12, 2018
While holding a job at Audubon, I was 17, a minor, and clocked ever day at 9:30 a.m. I was able to find my stations very easily and my managers were very funny and understanding when it came to my knee problems. I learned responsibility, time management, and how to take pride in my work. The hardest part of the job for me was speaking up and meeting people who had been there for years. I was nervous to be in a new place surrounded by new faces, but after a few weeks, I met new people and built up my relations with the staff. I enjoyed the events that were thrown for the staff on weekends for us to know each other better and just have a good with each other.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Short breaks
Large company going through growing pains
Network Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 28, 2018
If you love animals one really neat thing about this place is the ability to visit and view all types of animals from fish to birds to mammals. Incredible to think this could be your working back yard.
Pros
Not your average work place. Plenty to see and do. Ability to wear multiple hats
Cons
Growing pains and little room for advancement.
It was a very fun and funny job and I loved the environment
Concessions Cashier/Worker (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 28, 2018
You'd think working with different people everyday would be problematic and it was the best experience for me. The job required hard work but it was worth it
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 21, 2018
Team members always worked together to get things done. Relaxed work place during the off season. Sometimes they wanted us to unnecessary things. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Mangement

Want to know more about Audubon Nature Institute?

Ask a question
Fast paced
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 15, 2017
Great company, physically demanding. You may have to stay during hurricances. Definately a moderate to high risk job. Pay could certainly be better. I think the real reward here is working with all the animals.
fun place
Concessions/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70118October 11, 2017
Audubon Nature Institute was a pretty fun job. The lunch was free and the environment was relaxing. My supervisors really help adjust their schedule for me.
fun and stressful
Traindriver, tourguide,cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2017
the hardest part of the job is driving thru 10 thousand people but I love it. I learned to deal with problems I wouldn't have to in an ordinary day.
the hardest part is fighting for hours and dealing with problem customers the most enjoyable is working with kids.
Pros
ffree lunches, they work with you when you have Dr.s appt
Cons
25 min lunches sometime, not enough hours
Fun place to work with some really great people.
Primate Zoo Keeping Internship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 1, 2017
I was able to learn a lot and grow as a person with my coworkers. The internship program set me up to gain other job opportunities. The animals were awesome and well taken care of.
Great Place!
Assistant Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 28, 2017
Audubon is a great place to work. They are doing great things and do well in helping preserve conservation efforts. A great job for someone who likes a fast paced work environment with lots of animals and guest.
Friendly, fun environment.
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 27, 2017
I loved working at Audubon Zoo because there were always new friendly faces everyday. I worked with kids who were always energetic and fun to be around with counselors who wanted to be there. The hardest part of the job was keeping 30 plus kids in check in the middle of a hot summer day with strangers all around you. The most enjoyable part was getting to see behind the scenes at a zoo with kids who were amazed and excited to see it themselves.
Pros
Fun activities, behaved children, free lunch (sometimes).
Cons
Hot weather, not enough staff, too many kids.
Supervisor position at Audubon
Special Events Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 21, 2017
Good job with decent benefits. Good environment and culture to be a part of. Opportunities to grow. Have to work holidays and weekends if full time...
Friendly Family Feel
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 23, 2017
Low pay but great atmosphere. Not much opportunity to advance. Old school mentality where you need to be at your desk to be considered as being productive.
Fun workplace
Concessions Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2017
Its a very fun and exciting work place but the manage have her picks and chooses. I would go back to work there since I heard she's leaving. I believe Things would be a lot better.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Easy, strenuous labor
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 5, 2017
The daily tasks consisted of raking bunkers, cutting rough, fairways, tee boxes and greens, cutting cups, refilling water jugs around course, edging, and general labor.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Louisiana heat