Augusta Health Employee Reviews

Security
Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fishersville, VAJuly 24, 2018
Absolutely love my role at Augusta Health but the have many sources apples in my department. Females are not treated with the same respect as men or held as high when the do the same job. Want to advance but doesn't seem like an option. Want to learn but nobody will teach you. Low pay for what you do. Benefits are not affordable.
Excellent Department
Pre-Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAApril 23, 2018
Pre-Authorizations prior to patient appointment for outpatient radiology procedures.
Insurance verification for eligibility, benefits, coordination of benefits.
Update appropriate systems with pre-authorization status, including physicians offices, and patients when necessary.
Challeging place to work
Clinical Team Leader/EMR Manager (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJuly 25, 2018
Typical day can be enjoyed being side by side with paitients and making a difference as a team player. Not always able to use skills to fullest. Like being a behind the scenes person making a difference.
Pros
team, nurses, patients
Cons
no support or advancement, not able to use all my skills
nice work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAJune 28, 2018
it was a nice place to work, very helpful staff. nice enviroment and alot of room for advancement. my reasonings forleaving were not being able to work night shift
Pros
roomfor advancement
Cons
working nght shift
Productive, Learning, Friendly Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VASeptember 4, 2018
Augusta Health has been one of my favorite places to work thus far. All of the staffing (nurses, EMTs, physicians, NPs, directors, nursing supervisor, etc) worked cohesively and everyone supported one another through teamwork while allowing complete autonomy, It was an environment that bred knowledge and constantly taught without belittling anyone. The physicians were wonderful teachers and us nurses also were very receptive at teaching one another.
Everyday
Housekeeper & Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Fishersville, VASeptember 22, 2017
I come in early in the morning to dust mop floors
run floor scrubber in the hallways
I get switched to work in patient rooms and clean the rooms
empty trash
take curtains down and put them up
clean nurses break rooms and nurses stations
hardest part of the job is the stress
the best part of the job is the early morning hours
and my co-workers
Pros
benefits, paid time off
Cons
management does not want to accomodate with you and will not communicate good
Worked in ER it was very stressful
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAJune 25, 2018
Pay was not as good as it should have been st Augusta Health. The took away bonuses and pay rises. It was a very stressful environment. I had some of the most amazing co workers I have ever had.
Pros
Great co workers
Busy work environment needs better Management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAJune 7, 2017
Great benefits! Training is horrible and management does not care about you. No breaks and short lunch. They expect no personal reaction with personal
Pros
Benefits, other employees
Cons
training, expectations, environment, family core
The absolute pit hole! Director of Radiology is very inadequate.
xray tech (Current Employee) –  radiologyJune 4, 2014
Management is only interested in patient satisfaction ratings and could care less about the employees. Employees are overworked, understaffed, working thru lunches, etc. Environmental services is so understaffed they don't even have time to clean bathrooms.

It's a shame that the Director of Radiology and the CEO of this hospital are outright ruining this place. Small town hospital with big boy politics. They are not interested in improving the work environment or in keeping employees happy. Physicians are allowed to yell at, and demean the workers. Same employees keep getting written up & getting warnings without any action, yet other employees are treated the same. You are just told to smile and "wow" the patients so they give the hospital a good review. Bad review means no raise...they hold that very seriously over your head. It doesn't matter about the quality of your work, how well you get along with co-workers, or how much you do above and beyond your normal duties - none of that matters, ONLY the patient satisfaction reviews matter to them.

If they were that interested in us "wowing" our patients they would do more to keep us happy and not overlook problems and would solve them! Total waste of my professional time to work here. I've never worked at a place that cared so little for their employees.

Director of Radiology rings the bell for Salvation Army and looks as if he is "volunteering", but he is getting paid to do it.... not my idea of volunteer work. Director of Radiology actually tells his personal friends to go to RMH to seek orthopedic services.
  more... Very unprofessional. If we were to do that, we would be fired on the spot! He literally fell into the position and isn't qualified to do the job, but really, what does it take to sit at a desk and go to meetings?! He's a smart alec with a big attitude. Don't cross him or he will make you miserable.  less
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAOctober 30, 2015
The phlebotomy supervisor is only out to benefit herself and not the team. Most all the team members there are only out to get you...in other words they make up anything they can, bring it to the supervisor and they work out a plan to get you fired. You have to be part of the 'it' club to succeed there. That's why there is such a HIGH turnover rate in the phlebotomy department. It's the management encouraging gossip, back stabbing and lying. Other than that, this company is great to work for. Just DON'T work in the phlebotomy department.
Benefits
Cons

Want to know more about Augusta Health?

Ask a question
Pleasant Facility to be Employed
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VANovember 27, 2012
Augusta Health is a very pleasant place to work with a strong culture, good benefits and high patient satisfaction. The only drawback would be that it is a community hospital and if you want to advance or strive for more learning opportunities there are less available than in a setting of a teaching hospital.
Pros
parking, culture, benefits, patient satisfaction
Cons
advancement, learning opportunities
management has went to the dogs in the department of patient access
patient access representative (Current Employee) –  virginia fishersvilleJanuary 24, 2017
benefits are good but other than that they really are not a family community hospital anymore it has changed and left employees drained and feeling unappreciated management in the patient access department are pushing people to their limit that some have quit and others are looking for more jobs.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, management is horrible, meals are expensive
Friendly staff, decent employer
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VA 22939July 28, 2016
The docs are friendly. The OR was busy and for the most part, all the people were nice. Good place to work but management's attitude made for a stressful environment.
Pros
The atmosphere, good benefits
local community hospital
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fishersville, VAMarch 22, 2018
busy work schedule, always learning opportunities
small community based hospital
good team work
good collaboration between departments.
the management are caring individuals that work with staff
Productive an Job Security
Warehouse Technichian for Care Home Medical (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VANovember 10, 2015
Productive, Enjoyable, Great Co-Works to be Around, loved being able to go out on the road an meet other people from places away from where I live. great benefits and 401k.
Pros
fun, productive, enjoyable
Cons
Needs better organization skills
Mostly nice staff/work environment
Patient Accountant/Biller (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAApril 27, 2018
Great job for someone who likes to work in cubicles and can work independent of any structured training. Limited patient exposure in this location that's remote from the actual hospital.
Pros
Great pay and flexible schedule.
Cons
Very clicky environment.
I really liked most of my co-workers
Operating Room Nursing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAApril 20, 2018
A day's work varied based on how busy we were, but we were overall understaffed and struggled to get everything done. Despite my experience and degree, finding work that commensurated with this, was challenging.
Pros
Supportive co-workers
Cons
Overall breakdown in team dynamics, short staffed, overworked
Great place to work and wonderful staff, so friendly.
Patient care technician on PCU (Current Employee) –  Fishersville, VAJanuary 24, 2016
I enjoy that I learn so much on the PCU floor and continue to learn every day. I work with great staff and everyone works together.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough staff
A worthwhile learning experience.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fishersville, VANovember 1, 2012
A typical day consists of assisting patients with checking in & out. Preparing charts for future days appointments.
Pros
good benefits
Satisfing job to work with other people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fishersville, VAOctober 10, 2014
My typical day at work starts from opening the office and answering phone calls to clearing the fax machine. Addressing any urgent needs before the "day starts". I then assist patients at check in by verifying their name dob address phone number and insurance information, collect their copay or any paid on accounts if needed and let the nursing staff know the patient is ready for them. I also check the patient out after they have met with the provider and set up additional appointments if needed along with any needed blood work to be done. At the end of the day I enter and total all charges and collect all the money from the day, then enter all necessary information on to the bank deposits and excel spreadsheets.

I truly enjoy my co-workers in every way, we have all become a family. I not only enjoy my co-workers but I enjoy my patients as well.

The hardest part of my day is having to relay bad medical information to patients.
Pros
benefits, enjouable staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Augusta Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Augusta Health Reviews by Location