Augusta University Health System
61Average

Augusta University Health System Employee Reviews

United States160 reviews
Great hospital - lots of bureaucracy
I enjoyed my experience at AU Health. It is a great hospital and the clinical staff were top notch. I worked as an allied health staff, and most recently on the administrative support side. There were a lot of great leaders in the hospital. However, I felt project management was not done well there. There was a high turnover in IT project management and senior leadership priorities were always changing with drastic effects on the front end staff.
Pros
Great people, patient-focused, great benefits
Cons
Senior leadership changes and hard to guess priorities
The pay is very competitive.
The pay is very competitive. If an employee needs assistance, there are many resources available. The opportunity for advancement is only limited by the employee’s desire
No problems far
It took me a while to get hired here but so far I love it. The pay is good, better than hospitals in the area, and I enjoy my coworkers. The only thing I hate is how hard it is to get hired in.
Great place to work. Love the people I work with, the environment and the patients. Typical 12 hour day consists of providing care between 4-5 patients, oversee 4 other nurses, 2-3 PCTs and a unit clerk. The skills that you learn will last a lifetime and if you make a mistake, you learn from it and most likely will not be repeated. Management of time is very important. Momentum can change within seconds. We have a diverse culture. With the nursing shortage, our company have recruited a lot of International nurses which makes it more enjoyable learning about each others culture. The hardest part of my job is having to make things work out and keep the staff encouraged when we are short staffed and every one is complaining about the issue. Every work place has it's ups and downs, but I believe any job is what you make of it and a great attitude helps makes things better and goes a long ways....
I work in a good department
I enjoy my coworker and helping the patient; I don't have any dislike about my job or the company I work for I have been her for over ten years so I enjoy what I do
Pros
security
Cons
we could get an hour for lunch
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Department with out a management a lot.
My department self sufficiency .work to long hours and still be on call
Regular work Mon.- Friday Patient load 30-40 a day

Management we work without one long period of the time

Negative of the job working 9 to 10 hours and still be on call to the next morning taking call was a problem with me I had a special need child and coming in all time of night when needed no coverage for me

I love working with the Physician learning new things everyday
Work for the state side not the private side
The privately owned side is pure trash I got put in the hospital for a week and came back and they had me fired for using the wrong time clock. Without even telling me which clock to use. Low down dirty people. Of you plan on working most “black people jobs” don’t apply. Trust me
Exciting and Productive
It was a fast paced environment but I enjoyed meeting new people and being a team player. I enjoyed my work schedule which allowed me to spend more time with my family.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Co workers slacking off while on duty.
No room for Growth. Unrealistic Expectations.
They cut overtime but expect you to complete more work in the 8 hours allotted. All while checking in and checking out patients. My clinic in particular was 4 clinics combined so me and my coworker were doing the work of 4 people. It was ridiculous. They continuously added on job duties and set unrealistic expectations and kept the consequences of not completing such tasks vague as a scare tactic. Management does not respond to emails in a timely manner and use methods of intimidation and coercion to lead. Morale is low. Stress is high. You only here from management when you've messed up. Not when you do anything right. There is no upwards mobility which I stressed was important to me in my job interview. My supervisor worked in my position for 15 years before she was promoted.Same with the other supervisor. The last raise was 5 years ago and was an average of 11 cents.
Nice place to work
It was a fun environment with good people. The work is low stress and management was fair. Pay is good not great but fair for the duties I was expecting to complete.
Poor Management, No Pay Raises
The management does not communicate well with subordinates. Criticizes workers for things that management does themselves. No pay raises in two and a half years.
Promising job but not enough pay for correctional nurses
Augusta University is good company to work for with good benefits but the pay could be better for GDC across the state. Some nurses have to work part time in order to make ends meet.
Great people.
Augusta is going through many changes. Going through many changes at once can be stressful, especially with a lack of leadership communication. The employees are a great, hardworking group of individuals. I'm not sure that there is anything else I can say due to my short amount of time at this health system other than the location is great.
Best job
Although this job paid the least, it was well managed. My job task was simple, but I still interacted with a lot of people. This job helped me to become more outgoing and helped to improve my interactions with people
Great benefits
The benefits are amazing. I have learned so much, a lot of on job training. The management only cares about making money for the hospital. Will hold firing you over your head and must "walk on eggshells" around management.
Cons
12 hr shifts, 30 min lunch
Poor Management
AU pays exceptionally well compared to other hospitals in it’s area. However, the stress and tolerance you accumulate is not worth it. Plus if you have small kids try your best to not let them get sick within your 6 months of employment. Management doesn’t give a hoot about your family only what you can do for the company. Also Imaging 2 is racist and during my duration there I encountered at
least 3.
AU Health
This a great starter job for young people with great benefits. Can be a very stressful environment at times but overall the facility as a whole is amazing.
Productive place and experienced staff
Since it is a teaching hospital, I learned how to share the knowledge and importance to train medical and ultrasound students to improve safety and experience of the staff
Productive work place
I love meeting different patients and giving them the best care I can give. Some patients did not have family we was they family they liked talking to me just as I enjoyed listen to them.
Aweful
Worse Place to work and extremely stressful. There is favoritism especially with management. Unfair work conditions. Never recommend.......

.....

Excellent to work for
Good place to work. Good hours. Good opportunities to move to other areas. Good benefits and time off. Pay is also very good with education and job skills.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Augusta University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Augusta University Health System Reviews by Location