Augusta University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Decent Place
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 29, 2019
No Advancement from pharmacy technician. The job was easy. I was trained well. Amazing benefits such as PTO, insurance, etc. Wasn’t compensated enough though.
My work family
Perianesthesia Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 1, 2019
He job was very family oriented, we knew each other kids, allergies, likes and dislikes. You can always talk to management often door policy is exactly that.
Pros
Encouraging people to further there education
Cons
Not always able to get your break on time that's okay though
Case Management /Utilization Review
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 23, 2019
Stressed out the entire time . During my second week on the job someone stole my care out of the unprotected car lots. My manager was always talking down to us. She was new herself but had no problems telling us that have been there before her what to do. I was not very fond of management during my tenure x 1. My first Manager was great she listen to use and she fault for us. Thanks Carol
Pros
Can use services right @ the hospital, more convient
I like working here. There have been many upper management changes, but all for the better.
Registered Respiratory Practitioner - Staff (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 18, 2019
We work hard and are compensated well for this area. Team dynamics are encouraged and we are respected in the hospital. It is a stressful job, but emotionally rewarding.
It's a campus job, but not the best
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 7, 2019
I took this job as an opportunity to work for campus, but it was not what I had expected. It is not a hard job to do and some of the members are really nice and fun to talk to, but the environment work wise isn't very good. Shifts are impossible to get covered most of the time, this is a campus job and higher ups do not want you to do school work during your shifts, and do not put school first. Things that should be changed are never addressed and favoritism is apparent. The only real pro I have for this position is it is an opportunity to work in the university system, but I would encourage others to look to other campus positions to apply for.
Pros
University job, friendly members, not a hard job
Cons
Doesn't put school first, impossible to get shifts covered, not the best work environment
Enjoyed the Work
Administrative Director for Patient (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
I would recommend professionals to work for this organization. It is progressive and respected in the community. AU Health had many opportunities for it's employees.
Excellent Teamwork
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
AUMC ED, despite staffing difficulties and high volumes, provides excellent care to all patients. The ED offers excellent opportunities for continuing education on the job as well as off-campus opportunities. Multiple opportunities throughout the year to provide care on a donation basis are available and reimbursement is the best in the area.
Enjoyed my job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 10, 2018
Love the people and the work. Had a great boss. There were times the hours were long but not to stressful. Negative side would be Sr. Leadership has changed.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lot of bad with a sprinkle of good
Histo III (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 1, 2018
Worked in anatomic pathology. Management at both the lab level and administrative are clueless. They sit idly by while their pet employees do whatever they want. Employees have been bullied, discriminated against, harassed, and assaulted with zero repercussions for the offenders by management. HR is useless as well. Some workers are too scared to say anything.
Management has no idea what AP actually entails so it is basically the blind leading the blind out there.
As long as you brown-nose, you can do whatever you like.

I would not recommend the anatomic pathology dept to anyone I know if they were looking for work. Mismanaged and only getting worse. Besides a couple of good seeds, the majority of the workers are absolutely horrible people. They will lie, are lazy, think they know it all when it comes to histology. Fact is their work is horrible. Slow, horrible embedding, horrible microtomy, lackluster special stains, atrocious Mohs slides. Did I mention how slow they are!?
Pros
Some other departments
Cons
Management, horrible co-workers, administration, discrimination
Medical Surgical Nursing
Registered Nurse, 5W (Medical-Surgical) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 12, 2018
Augusta University provides a safe and learning environment for all healthcare employees. I earned a lot on a med surg floor. It just got to the point I felt I was working too hard for what i was getting paid and wanted to advanced my career elsewhere.
fun and fast paced
O.R. Clerk (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 23, 2018
Very wonderful company to work for they offer great benifits and paid time off I would highly recommend this place of employment. This company offers a lot pof training and educations for job related roles
Worst Place Ever
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 18, 2018
I would not recommend this place for work. it is not organized nor do they care about their employees. needs improvements all the way around. constantly working over with no relief.
Med Surg Nurse
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 5, 2018
I am a night shift nurse on a med sure floor. I typically carry up to 5 or 6 patients at a time. The hardest part about the job is that it is so busy on the floor that it is hard to be the best nurse possible to all 5-6 patients in a 12 hour shift. I would enjoy my job more if each nurse only had to carry 4 patients at a time. I love my patient population but I feel I am becoming burnt out.
Overall, I'd recommend AU as a good place to work.
Unit Clerk / Patient Care Tech (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 3, 2018
Augusta University is a nice, clean, and calm place to work. The culture is very clique-ish. Management was struggling but they were working to improve and rebuild their management team in the particular department that I was working in.
I enjoy working with the staff and the patients
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 9, 2018
As a Unit Clerk I am responsible for answering calls and direct them to the correct staff member. I answer calls from patients and relay accurate messages to their nurse or PCT. The Unit Clerk keeps the front operating smoothly while being courteous to patient’s family members and their love ones. I am responsible for in and out processing patients to and from the floor along with many other duties.
Cons
I feel their should be a cut off time for visitation
Busy Fast Pace Environment
Unit Clerk, NICU (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30901September 6, 2018
My day starts with getting report from the previous shift.
Making sure the nursery is well stocked.
Updating the patient board.
Answering phones and signing in families and visitors.
Preparing patient chart for admission.
Assisting staff as needed.
Making ID Bands for patients.
Entering patient demographics into the computer and the log book.
Entering request to make sure patient bed space gets cleaned.

I learned different communications skills to understand others and the organizational structure of the unit.

Management is very supportive with good leadership and very knowledgeable.

The hardest part of the job is seeing the sick babies and how it makes the families so sad.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to support the families from a non medical perspective.
Pros
Work only 3 12 hour shifts
Cons
Working Night Shift
Administrative Duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 26, 2018
Day consisted of Administrative duties, reports, telephones, scheduling management duties. The management was good. The workplace culture of the hospital was good - the department that I worked in had poor morale. The hardest part of this position was the turn over of employees for various reasons (ie firing employees for small infractions, closing down whole departments with all employees, 3 employee deaths within 1 year). Another huge challenge of working at hospital is the parking situation. You had to pay a fee for a parking space, then take a shuttle from parking lot to the hospital, which meant having to be to work at least 45 minutes earlier than your start time in the mornings and the same in the evenings getting back to vehicle.
Pros
Meet alot friends - always busy
Cons
Parking / Salary
Managing with intimidation and bullying. The have management who are not trained to manage people.
Adult Vascular Access Team Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 20, 2018
I have been very discouraged and disappointed with the lack of management skills of the individuals who are in management roles. Although I have seen classes offered for managers to attend, they are elective. Managers are not required to go through any type of mandatory managerial training. I have seen much disorganization and misled guidance & deterioration of our department due to individuals being placed in management who do not know how to manage people. Adult intimidation and bullying has been allowed to predominate the team I currently work on. Many previous staff members have left due to this reason and it is the reason I am seeking employment elsewhere. It is a shame that this has been allowed to go on for so long. I have seen almost a dozen team members leave our department due to the lack of good management and the allowance of an unhealthy work environment. Some of these members have not reported the complaint to HR out of fear of retribution. I am 55 years old and I have never seen such a disgrace or unprofessional working environment in all my years of working.
Pros
Lesson learned the hard way
Cons
Toxic work environment
My Job
Senior Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is building good relationships with multidisciplinary team members, patients, and families. I enjoy delivering quality care and engaging patients in their plan of care.
Pros
wages
Cons
minimal staffing
n/a
Financial Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 9, 2018
I feel it is not necessary for me review. The hospital and educational facility do what it is intended to do. Management needs more training in how to build morale for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Augusta University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Augusta University Medical Center Reviews by Location