Augusta University Employee Reviews

Consistent pay
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 18, 2018
Consistent with pay; guaranteed 40 hours every week;paid vacation and sick time; teacher retirement which doubles in ten years and then triples in twenty years. Learned how to strip and wax floors; operate machines that buff the floors and clean as well;
Pros
consistent pay
Cons
poor management
Productive and Fun Workplace
Prosthodontics Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 13, 2018
Productive and fun workplace, great management, room for promotion, great teamwork, open Monday through Friday. Overtime is offered two to three times a year
Pros
Free lunches, great health insurance and plenty of vacation time
Cons
Parking is an issue
I enjoyed the patient care
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 30, 2018
Augusta University was an okay job. I enjoyed most of it, however, it became difficult to go up and down stairs carrying around 40 lbs of equipment. I tried to change positions to a pill call nurse, while they allowed this, they couldn't keep an Urgent Emergent nurse, and noone else in the facility would take the job so I kept getting pulled back to that position.
large hospital
manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 25, 2018
patients come first, cutting edge health care, residents/nursing students come from around the world for education. Attending highly skilled- quality health care
Excellent Starter Location
Writer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 7, 2018
Great place to start a career, but advancement opportunities are few and far between for shared services. Mission is only loosely followed, and because the university is the product of a merger, the institution sometimes feels as though it hasn't found its voice yet.
Great Company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 27, 2018
Now that they have a new assistant director of Environmental Service Tech, I would 100% recommend working for Augusta University. I have heard nothing but great things about him and abot the department doing a lot better.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 18, 2018
The company was very laid back day 1. The pay was really good and work was always available. I could go to my manager with any concerns that I may have had.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Short Break
Good
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2018
Pretty good place to work. Overall it is nice because I worked remotely and could contribute whatever and whenever I wanted, and in whichever amount I desired.
balanced well with outside life
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Summerville, GAJuly 15, 2018
this facility balances life outside well with the requirements of the job. understanding when need to be out with children or if sick. very good job other than dealing with the inmate mentality on a daily basis
very productive but laid back atmosphere
DESIGNATED HEALTH AUTHORITY (DHA) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2018
a typical day at work starts off with routine lab draws, then pill pass. After pill pass, sick calls are picked up, triaged, and then scheduled to be seen along with new Intakes for that day.
Pros
Excellent retirement benefits
Cons
low hourly rates
In the woods company
Centralized Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 13, 2018
This job promotes you based on nepotism. Nothing is earned there and they do not recognize good employees.There is no support from management if you are black.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
racial behavior, poor management, always worked short staff.
i enjoyed working with professors and students
Central Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 10, 2018
I worked in the shipping and receiving department. We delivered USPS mail as well as big packages from UPS and FED Ex. This was summer employment while i was in college.
I enjoyed working in different areas
Staff RN PRN contract work-float (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 10, 2018
I loved working at AU and seeing the different types of people I cared for. I learned many things at AU. I loved seeing the interns learning as well. It was a pleasure to work there.
Pros
It was a good environment with total autonomy
Cons
The parking was horrendous and the areas to park were dangerous
Good people. Job is fulling.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 28, 2018
Good place to work if it’s not your only source of income. Benefits coverage is great but they are very expensive. Management was good. Only complaint was the wages were extremely low. Very hard to support a family on the salary
Enjoyable
Desk Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 22, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Augusta University. I work a day schedule. I have learned a lot. I get to meet different people from all walks of life. Best work environment.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Having to take the shuttle.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 8, 2018
Working in a hospital is a very fast paced environment and the medical staff are stressed at times.

Individuals have been working here for several years and aren't receiving increases. The higher paid individuals have all the perks, i.e. free college education for their children, reimbursement of insurance for their homes, car, etc.
Pros
Location is close to home.
Cons
Short lunch breaks; several years without pay increases.
na
Pharmacy Technician Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 6, 2018
I just did my externship there I didn't work there. But when I did do my externship I learned a lot and I met a lot of great people who helped me on a daily basis.
Very good place to have a career
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 4, 2018
Very results driven organization. allows an individual to grow and learn new skills. The constant change allows you to stay involved and learn each day.
Great Place to Start
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 28, 2018
Work and research was fun and management and mentors did a great job of informing others and I about the tasks we were given. i would highly recommend to anyone seeking research experience.
Laid back, fun job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 24, 2018
Parking is ridiculous! You either have the option to walk to work of wait for the shuttle, which is never on schedule.PTO is acquired through the amount of hours you work. Each clinic site has its own coordinator (the boss) whom makes or breaks the job. Some coordinators are great and others not so much.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Augusta University. Our community is ready to answer.

Augusta University Reviews by Location