Augusta University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad Boss
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 10, 2018
Augusta is a wonderful community with a lot of diversity, but there was a lot of drama within the Resident Assistant position and there was a lot of smack talking and pre-judgmental signs from the bosses.
Unprofessional staff
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 30, 2018
Staff is unprofessional and not about patient care I’ve abserved staff on the clock while off campus as well using company computers for personal usage facilities is always unclean smell mold and mildew
Pros
Cons
Short breaks not family oriented
Good job
Electrician II (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 29, 2018
Hi a.S.U. Good work day start at 8:.00 A.M. Clock in on time clock or computer . Check on service call repair . Good people to work for student and teacher . Managmage other contractor
Pros
Health care
Cons
slow pay
A great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 24, 2018
I was employed with AU for over 10+ years. My experience was very useful in building great customer service. I know whenever I am no longer employed with company, I am sure I will not have any problem with gaining employment opportunities.
great opportunity
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 20, 2018
Augusta University is a teaching hospital therefore it provides amazing learning opportunity. You will be expected to and have the opportunity to learn all of the specialties of ophthalmology.
super nice place to work
Desk Operational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 16, 2018
nice place to work
get to meet all types of people
work place culture constant of many culture
the hardest part of the job for me is my work hours
the most enjoyable part of the job is I am able to help people
benefits
Cons
work schedule
Friendly co workers
Senior Sterilization Specialist (Former Employee) –  School of Dentistry 37,000April 9, 2018
Very physical job! Which included a lot of heavy lifting! Large stainless steel carts loaded to be pushed to dispenseries and clinics.
Occasionally required to work weekends for student boards.
Pros
Good benefits and time off
Cons
Very physical job
Prison Health Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 23, 2018
I would come in and start seeing Prisoners for Sick Call...similar to a Doctor's office for Family Practice. I would also attend to emergencies and have to suture sometimes. Sometimes take care of Chronic Care Prisoners. Also do rounds at locked down units. Very exciting at times and can be boring when not seeing Prisoners and have down time.
I am a student
Physician Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 21, 2018
I am a student I do not get paid and pay a lot and they always seem to make us pay more and more. I wouldnt use this becuase I am just using all the characters to move on
Medication Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 11, 2018
Best manager I have ever had! Very relaxed and understanding of employees' work-life balance. He gives you the ability to work at your own place and make decisions on your own. There is no micromanaging.
A Typical Job
Clinical Trials Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 6, 2018
It really depends on what department you work for. Some departments are more outgoing and others are more conservative. There are a lot of really smart professionals that you can learn from. Even though you may start working from the bottom, you can learn and be promoted in a fairly descent time frame.
Fun place to work
Trainer/Quality Control/Technical Assistance (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 1, 2018
Flexible work environment
Excellent communication
Able to telecommute
Received excellent training
Job provided adequate feedback and guidance about my job
Productive fun place to work as a team
Data Coordinator 2 (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day at work includes entering research data about different drugs also communicating with monitors from different companies about the data. We also look for candidates that would benefit from being about of the studies.
Rewarding experience
President of the Social Work Club (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 17, 2018
Being the president of a student organization was a very rewarding experience. Various events were hosted and planned through Augusta University that supports various local organizations.
Great
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAFebruary 15, 2018
We were contracted by Augusta University so I don't know all the information about working for them straight. Being contracted it was great. They helped us advance in the medical area a lot more while under them. Our old job site was behind on a lot of things, so AU helped us progress.
Fun Work Place
Office Specialist-Core Curriculum Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 30, 2018
worked as contracted worker for 2 months , easy work environment
not much to say , because I didn't work that long . nice people to work with ,
not much time was given to train me in the position that I worked in .
Cut-throat
Auditor/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
Low pay for doing lots of work; no room for growth unless you know someone. The managers are paid well over $100k/year, while other lower-level employees are paid much less - while they are the ones who do the work. The managers are seen as "figure-heads" by most non-manager/non-supervisory employees.
Research Procedures
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
Doing research at any university requires an IRB review of your project. At Augusta University, the IRB process is tedious and very time consuming and can be a detriment to forward progress.
Productive, Fun and Quiet
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 23, 2018
A typical work day would be relaxed until it is closer to the time for students to take care of business that is needed to be taken care of. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping everyone in the office.
engaging and collaborative environment
Wellness Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 22, 2018
Excellent way to reach out to the student body and help them become aware of what is out there to help them. Exciting events and wonderful collaborative experience.
Pros
free lunches, community engagment
Cons
limited hours